UNC-Georgia Commit - Next Level Hat Game

Advertisement
Society hasn’t degraded to that level just yet, but we’ll see what people can tolerate in 10 years 😂😂😂.

I can’t even begin to rationalize the thought process behind it, but I’m sure he had his reasons.
I think this thing all started with the hats on the table pranks. People and these young men laugh at it so their peers think they need to come up with something more in their 5 minutes of fame.

People will laugh, but it's a bad move. Don't burn bridges in life. Build relationships don't burn them. A UNC booster may be that young man's future employer until he/she gets wind of that commitment post.

It also shows immaturity. He's a 16-17 year old, so it's somewhat expected, but reflects poorly.

@Bearly

if it was a player that desperately wanted to attend a school but was not offered a scholarship--- reference maybe Santonio Holmes, TY Hilton, Devonte Freeman---- than I admit i actually wouldn't have a problem with it.

ResizedP_c349254e-5475-4f96-8658-c777dc548224_226491663963182.gif

telling your opponent your going to kick their ***, aka "trash talking", is a welcome time honored tradition that most all of us here adore. That shouldn't be confused with these 'purposeless' ****tin on a team that was recruiting you.

but you don't need to worry... all of us with old foggy attitudes realize we're out of touch.

We get that TV shows like "survivor", etc, that reward lying and backstabbing, are the best way for future success.

We're just all disappointed we're still stuck with being old or "old school".... although that did make one of the best movies ever!!!

View attachment 199671
I guess. I just remember when something like this wouldn’t hurt peoples’ feelings.

Advertisement
UNC disrespect us when they threw down the U. So I don’t care about anyone disrespecting them. All apart of the game to me
A little off-topic but WTF was up with this??? Felt like starting one year they just decided they would throw down the U every chance they got as if we have some 100-year old rivalry and they haven’t stopped since.

Shoutout to BB8 for raising the U back up on they dumbasses.

I don't get it. This kid is from North Carolina and UNC is 1 hour down the road from him..if he was ever homesick and wanted to transfer back home, UNC would be a logical choice.

Why troll the home school?

A little off-topic but WTF was up with this??? Felt like starting one year they just decided they would throw down the U every chance they got as if we have some 100-year old rivalry and they haven’t stopped since.

Those UNC players shouldn't burn bridges like that. What happens if one day they're applying for a job and their boss is a UM grad? Or they might get pulled over by a cop who loves UM. Or maybe some crazed UM fan might see them in the streets and start beating their ***.

There's always consequences for your actions. I hope nobody from that 1990 UM squad has ever been at the mercy of a Texas grad.

What about the kid that just committed to UM after playing the hat game with Alabama? We all cheered and gloated after that move. Was it disrespectful towards Alabama? Of course it was. Nobody here complained because he chose us. If you're going to dish it out, be prepared to take it.

Those UNC players shouldn't burn bridges like that. What happens if one day they're applying for a job and their boss is a UM grad? Or they might get pulled over by a cop who loves UM. Or maybe some crazed UM fan might see them in the streets and start beating their ***.

There's always consequences for your actions. I hope nobody from that 1990 UM squad has ever been at the mercy of a Texas grad.

What about the kid that just committed to UM after playing the hat game with Alabama? We all cheered and gloated after that move. Was it disrespectful towards Alabama? Of course it was. Nobody here complained because he chose us. If you're going to dish it out, be prepared to take it.
I completely agree, certain cases I understand though. I still have mad love for Teddy Bridgewater even after he violated us in that 2013 bowl because by all accounts he WANTED to be at Miami. He felt as a program we turned our backs on him first. He couldn’t give Al Golden the finger on national TV so him throwing down the U was his get back. I’m not mad in that kind of case. Fans who understand the situation shouldn’t really take it personal.

Disrespecting a school when there’s no history at all is different though.

Advertisement

It’s probably like when people do the “Horns down” but to my knowledge UNC is the only school that did it

I don't get it. This kid is from North Carolina and UNC is 1 hour down the road from him..if he was ever homesick and wanted to transfer back home, UNC would be a logical choice.

Why troll the home school?
Maybe he is a Duke fan basketball fan and never liked UNC because of it

As much as I hate them, I don’t like the disrespect stuff because it’s my own values but I am a different generation raised by a different generation in a different era.

It just goes against how I was raised in terms of gratitude, appreciation and respect. Then there’s not burning bridges unnecessarily and Karma coming back
Thats right...lets disrespect the Gators in as many way as possible, just not this way.

(y)

Id give it a little slack if its rival schools. Just more fuel for the rivalry. Like if a Bama recruit disrespected Auburn a bit, but bruh...UNC and Georgia?...and on top of that, the dude is literally from NC? Disrespecting your own state for what?
Call me old man or whatever but yea there’s no reason to troll UNC in this recruitment unless they disrespected you initially in some way. If it was UiF or GT getting trolled the optics aren’t as bad but, if this really was just a troll for laughs kids a low character buffoon.

Advertisement
Thats right...lets disrespect the Gators in as many way as possible, just not this way.

(y)
This is the dumbest analogy. Like really stupid and disconnected and I’m shocked by your lack of basic thought but I’ll explain the distinction in a way even you can hopefully understand.

I’m not being recruited by the gators nor any other team nor is anyone else in Gator Tears. We are fans on a message board. This recruit was in extended personal contact with coaches from UNC, courted by them, offered a scholarship by them and everything that goes along with that.

:monkey-serious:

Would I do it? Probably not. Does it bother me if someone else does it? Not really. There's probably some UNC fans out there who are super salty right now. Just like UM fans were super salty when one of the dozens of kids played us with the hat game. I laughed when Raul Aguirre trolled Bama when he picked us. It's really no different. I'm sure the staff at Bama did nothing but kiss his *** up until he committed and he had nor real beef with them but he still trolled them and we ALL laughed at them. Can't think it's great when it works in our favor but then hate when a kid does it for another school.

Advertisement
If I’m being honest I thought Aguirre’s was a bit over the line as well

I know why they do it, also why they troll fanbases and the world in general

But I wouldn’t allow my kid to do this

As much as I hate them, I don’t like the disrespect stuff because it’s my own values but I am a different generation raised by a different generation in a different era.

It just goes against how I was raised in terms of gratitude, appreciation and respect. Then there’s not burning bridges unnecessarily and Karma coming back
i couldn't agree more :100:

He'll flame out. All the douchy high school kids who act like this during recruiting never do anything once they get to college. Shows their lack of maturity.

Advertisement
Back