UNC at Pitt

FSU beat UNC on the road and UNC beat us. I wouldn't be shocked if its a big struggle for us, even at home v VT. Our offense has come alive these last 3 weeks but those teams are similar caliber to GT and look at the score there

And how have the rest of their games gone

They beat a better UNC team last year

Advertisement
This coming thursday at 7:30. Big game, i would hope Pitt loses and then beat UVA the following week. That would put us in sole position of first in the Coastal, providing we take care of the 3 remaining teams we play who all have losing records.

UVA has 2 conference games left. Pitt and VT and they hold the tie breaker over us. Of course it could be chaos and everything starts going crazy and teams losing left and right. Haven't checked the scenarios if all 3 teams end up in a tie.
That will certainly ruin the Holliday's for the "fire Manny" brigade...

I aint say they were good. Im talking about people chalking this as a blow out like last season.
I havent seen anyone predicting we blow them out like last season. But to say this game will be close (meaning last second FG) is just as far a stretch. I foresee this being more like 2019s game.

Advertisement
I think this game goes the way the GT game would have gone if we didn’t fumble the ball all over the place in the first half. We score 35 to 45 pts and they score in the 17 to 24 range. Obviously if we turn the ball over as we did vs GT the game will be a dogfight.

I think this game goes the way the GT game would have gone if we didn’t fumble the ball all over the place in the first half. We score 35 to 45 pts and they score in the 17 to 24 range. Obviously if we turn the ball over as we did vs GT the game will be a dogfight.
Some comedy of errors re fundamentals will happen. Fumbles, missed tackles, kicker goes full Charlie Brown, can't catch a punt... some basic ***** chit will go down

FSU beat UNC on the road and UNC beat us. I wouldn't be shocked if its a big struggle for us, even at home v VT. Our offense has come alive these last 3 weeks but those teams are similar caliber to GT and look at the score there

Those kind of comparisons don’t translate that way.

Advertisement
Im in the fire manny brigade, but i want us to win the Coastal and the ACC. That's part of the reason i want him gone. We should be dog walking this entire league. Not hoping and praying for good luck
Truly do not give a rats *** who the coach is. Just want these boys to get back to respectability. Not sure the continied musical chairs at HC is the best route. Not throwing in my support for Manny. But if he wins out, (hopeful Coastal chip), & bowl win. That should set him up for a good recruiting season. Now, he MUST get a new DC and GTFOTW

Same thing happened last year. UNC clobbered us, we clobbered FSU. FSU beat UNC.

Advertisement
I dont Expect Pitt to drop anymore games along the way. Whenever we need a whole bunch of help to get to the ACCC it rarely works out

This coming thursday at 7:30. Big game, i would hope Pitt loses and then beat UVA the following week. That would put us in sole position of first in the Coastal, providing we take care of the 3 remaining teams we play who all have losing records.

UVA has 2 conference games left. Pitt and VT and they hold the tie breaker over us. Of course it could be chaos and everything starts going crazy and teams losing left and right. Haven't checked the scenarios if all 3 teams end up in a tie.
UNC beating Pitt is possible, as is UVA losing to Pitt or VT. I have more confidence in those scenarios than in UM winning out. If the pieces do fall into place, I could imagine both an upset over Wake and UM getting embarrassed.

I dont Expect Pitt to drop anymore games along the way. Whenever we need a whole bunch of help to get to the ACCC it rarely works out

Expect? Maybe not, but these dudes lost to Western Michigan, they lost to us, Duke was going up and down the field on them last week.....they can be beaten again. Easily.

Duke took the opening kickoff last week and drove down to the 1 yard line and fumbled.
Next possession they drove 45 yards and got a FG
Next possession they got stopped on the 1 yard line again
And the next possession they had a 70 yard TD drive.

Pitt could've very easily given up 28 points in the first half. To Duke.

Need Howell and Co. to drop 45 on them tonight and let's see what happens.

Advertisement
I havent seen anyone predicting we blow them out like last season. But to say this game will be close (meaning last second FG) is just as far a stretch. I foresee this being more like 2019s game.
We will see, 3 TOs turn GT game into a 1 score game, we really dominated that game to be honest. Cant happen v FSU at all.

Expect? Maybe not, but these dudes lost to Western Michigan, they lost to us, Duke was going up and down the field on them last week.....they can be beaten again. Easily.

Duke took the opening kickoff last week and drove down to the 1 yard line and fumbled.
Next possession they drove 45 yards and got a FG
Next possession they got stopped on the 1 yard line again
And the next possession they had a 70 yard TD drive.

Pitt could've very easily given up 28 points in the first half. To Duke.

Need Howell and Co. to drop 45 on them tonight and let's see what happens.
Not to mention UNC looked good offensively last week against Wake. I hold my reservations about Pitt beating UVA though, unless Armstrong doesn’t play.

Truly do not give a rats *** who the coach is. Just want these boys to get back to respectability. Not sure the continied musical chairs at HC is the best route. Not throwing in my support for Manny. But if he wins out, (hopeful Coastal chip), & bowl win. That should set him up for a good recruiting season. Now, he MUST get a new DC and GTFOTW
As long as we get rid of Blake, put a proper decision maker there and allow them to make the decision on Diaz, im fine. They will havw to make a decision this offseason or early next if they keep him. He has 2 years left after this one, meaning he has 1, u cannot let a coach go into his last year. So im chill on that.

Advertisement
Back