UNC at Pitt

supacane

Senior
This coming thursday at 7:30. Big game, i would hope Pitt loses and then beat UVA the following week. That would put us in sole position of first in the Coastal, providing we take care of the 3 remaining teams we play who all have losing records.

UVA has 2 conference games left. Pitt and VT and they hold the tie breaker over us. Of course it could be chaos and everything starts going crazy and teams losing left and right. Haven't checked the scenarios if all 3 teams end up in a tie.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Haven't checked the scenarios if all 3 teams end up in a tie.

In a 3-way between Pitt/UVA/Miami, UVA takes it being 2-0 vs Pitt/Miami, if Pitts 2nd L is to UVA.
UNC over Pitt is our only realistic shot although Pitt finishes at Syracuse up in the Dome.

Still too early to look ahead IMO.
We've been here before.

Last edited:
This coming thursday at 7:30. Big game, i would hope Pitt loses and then beat UVA the following week. That would put us in sole position of first in the Coastal, providing we take care of the 3 remaining teams we play who all have losing records.

UVA has 2 conference games left. Pitt and VT and they hold the tie breaker over us. Of course it could be chaos and everything starts going crazy and teams losing left and right. Haven't checked the scenarios if all 3 teams end up in a tie.
No tie if your first scenario plays out. Need UNC to handle they business Thursday night. Because UVA will absolutely drop 1 of 2 vs Pitt and VT

That's it. UNC has to beat Pitt for us to still have a shot at the ACC title game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami needs to focus on FSU only. Certainly not good enough to not have 100% focus on them. Travis and that running game will be a challenge, and after watching Miami vs. FSU the past few years, I never thought FSU would have the better DL in this 2021 matchup, but they do.

DE-Jermaine Johnson-UGA transfer
DE-Kier Thomas-South Carolina transfer
DT-Fabian Lovett-Mississippi State transfer

You know whats messes up? Im more confident the scenarios will play out for us to win the Coastal than us beating 3 teams with losing records.

I want Diaz gone but playing in the ACCCG would be great for this program especially with Clemson likely missing out and UF and FSU dog ****. Btw the team needs to focus on each game hahaha. I aint playing. I can make threads like these, plus the Pitt UNC game is the next game in the sequence

Advertisement
I think Va Tech may just throw in the towel by the time time the Canes and UVA get them. It's already a powder keg there over Fuente with their fan base. And their QB went out with injured ribs on Friday night. If it's serious and he's done for the season, they are absolutely done.

If Pitt wins Thursday are we out of the race?

No. They still have conference games left. @ Cuse at the end of the year.

we simply need Pitt to lose one more conf game and UVA to lose one more conf game. And Miami wins out. That’s it.

No. They still have conference games left. @ Cuse at the end of the year.

we simply need Pitt to lose one more conf game and UVA to lose one more conf game. And Miami wins out. That’s it.

I would handicap that at no better than 10-15% chance of happening.

for two reasons:

1. either one of Pitt or UVa will win the rest of their games. Other than UNC, Pitt has no one to challenge them the rest of the way. and the team must likely to beat UVa (VT) is limping through the rest of the season.
2. there is no way that Manny wins the next 3 games, (o of which are on the road), without doing something to lose one of those games. Particularly since we have a defense that makes it necessary for us to score 40 points to be assured of winning).

Be great to make it to the ACCCG, but I'm not seeing the realistic path there.

Advertisement
Back