UNC and Ohio St* Suspending Voluntary Workouts

Advertisement
Uhhh...

>40% of the US population is obese.
~15% of the US population is 65 and older.

Those populations interact with the everyone else on a daily basis.

And it’s not “just the flu” for everyone else. Early indications are that this thing takes a lot longer to recover from, and can have significant and severe long-term health impacts for all populations.

Otherwise, great post.
100% of offensive linemen are obese.

Advertisement
Hey guys..relax. We have the best leadership ever running the country right now. This is clearly all a hoax. Don't worry Bros (?) Everything gonna be just fine.
1594274150610.gif

Man so many other countries have shown that if we’d just wear the **** masks we would have had football this fall.

Where I'm at, the elderly are the only ones doing so. I don't get it, what the **** does it hurt? You lose nothing by wearing one in public and hand sanitizer whenever you touch something, doesn't either. Selfish *** people thinking they're above it or just don't give a ****.

Where I'm at, the elderly are the only ones doing so. I don't get it, what the **** does it hurt? You lose nothing by wearing one in public and hand sanitizer whenever you touch something, doesn't either. Selfish *** people thinking they're above it or just don't give a ****.
Take a trip on over to the WEZ board and it will all become crystal clear.

Uhhh...

>40% of the US population is obese.
~15% of the US population is 65 and older.

Those populations interact with the everyone else on a daily basis.

And it’s not “just the flu” for everyone else. Early indications are that this thing takes a lot longer to recover from, and can have significant and severe long-term health impacts for all populations.

Otherwise, great post.

You're right about our obesity rate. That's a big (no pun intended) reason why we are getting hammered by Covid. It's a very darwinistic virus. Unfortunately it has become counter productive to the public health of society (not to mention the economy) to continue stopping life (including most notably schools).

Protect those unable to take steps to protect themselves (nursing homes) and let other high risk individuals protect themselves. It's the only way out of this.

Advertisement
It's the new mantra. Play in the spring. Play in the spring. Play in the spring.
Just like “gone by Easter” and “killed by heat” were all things at one point. The media has just respun the story until they keep the fear pot stirring and people in charge too afraid of public image continue to kick the can down the road

Think of how great it would be attending Miami home games Jan-Mar while everyone else throughout the country endures the cold.

It would be pretty awesome but would suck for people like me who are CPAs deep into busy season from Jan - Mar.

Positive cases shouldn't matter. Its ICU beds, mortality rate, and hospitalizations that should. Those need to go down.

Agree. This is the thing that is very confusing about everything being reported right now. The individuals who test positive but have little to no symptoms are of course susceptible to spreading the virus but aren't really placing a drag on the healthcare system. It's those who need to be hospitalized or otherwise need medical care because their symptoms are severe that we should be focusing on in the data right now. And it seems like that curve is coming down in a good way.

You're right about our obesity rate. That's a big (no pun intended) reason why we are getting hammered by Covid. It's a very darwinistic virus. Unfortunately it has become counter productive to the public health of society (not to mention the economy) to continue stopping life (including most notably schools).

Protect those unable to take steps to protect themselves (nursing homes) and let other high risk individuals protect themselves. It's the only way out of this.

So, to recap, in the wealthiest country in the world by far, which has more than enough money to protect its citizenry from this virus but has chosen not to allocate that money wisely (or not at all), and whose federal response to this thing has been **** poor from the outset, we should now adopt an “every man for himself” position and get back to work and school at the very height of a freaking pandemic.

Makes sense.

Advertisement
Protect the elderly and move forward...I challenge all of you to pull up the data by age. This China virus impacts those over the age of 65 by and large. It's the majority and not even close.

There may never be a vaccine. So what do those that promote no sports this Fall, no in-school for kids, businesses closed and job lost want to do go forward?

Screenshot (19).png

We’ve been “slowly decaying”. When something doesn’t move foward (just stays the same) it will start to decay.

Advertisement
NFL won't move the draft back. They have a strict schedule and they follow it.
NFL isn't immune pun intended they think they are. Let their players start getting hit the ⁰.
You do know that we are still trying to get vaccines for diseases and viruses decades later no guarantees on a vaccine. I want this season also. But the treatment has been better with younger patients but still no guarantees on a vaccine and I'm not taking the first they put out.
Nope won't Guinea pig my ***. Nopeeeeee

I guess we can do like NASCAR and start the season off virtually. EA Sports can set it up.....right?

Hold up.... UNC has 429 players and staffers? sooo 85 scholarship limit, say even 100 coaches and "support staff" and say another 100 "walk ons" thats still 285, how they get to this #?
Ahhhhhhhhhh. The sky is falling. Everyone has the virus. Not the virus. Not the virus!!!!!! What the fudge!!!!!!!!

Go Canes!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back