UNC and Ohio St* Suspending Voluntary Workouts

Advertisement
The problem with “just wait til Spring” is that there’s no reason to think people wont still be getting COVID 6-8 months from now.

And your post is the “Elephant in the living Room”

Covid is not likely going away by the Spring! Wishful thinking vs Biology 🤔! My money is on the virus! Especially with the reckless behavior which is why this thing is spreading so rapidly.

Question: how can sports like soccer, basketball, and hockey be coming back, but we can’t have football?

View attachment 120981

It's just one after the other. Even though all 37 of these people will fully recover in a couple weeks and only experience light to Mild flu symptoms it's going to cause us to delay the season.

Thanks, Doc. But wait... 439 players and staffers... which means approx 300 staffers of all ages, some certainly with medical issues... which means that maybe 3/4 of the people who tested positive are NON-PLAYERS. How do you know all 37 will recover fully in a couple of weeks and only experience "light to mild flu symptoms?" How do you know that some of them aren't in bad shape or hospitalized? How do you know that many, many more will not test positive in the coming days and weeks from being around the 37 confirmed?

How do you know that some of the 300+ non-players aren't in their 40s, 50s, 50s, or 70s? Are are diabetic? Or obese? Or in chemo, etc etc etc?

Advertisement
Trainers
Walk ons
Cafeteria workers
Nutritionists
S&C Staff
Volunteers
Recruiting staff
Interns
Equipment people
Laundry people
There are a lot of people who help with a college football team

That number specifically mentioned the basketball teams. I would also bet that some of the other fall sports teams are included as well.

so if players get COVID in the spring are we just going to push it “to the summer”
No one has any answers, and no one is just willing to come to the realization that college kids will continue to catch the VID until there's a cure for it. If they somehow think they're going to create an environment where no one catches it, and they will halt the operation the minute someone catches it, then they have Downs Syndrome.

Either accept that college kids will continue to get infected with or without football, or just shut it down right now, and let the world know there will be no football until there's a cure.

The problem with “just wait til Spring” is that there’s no reason to think people wont still be getting COVID 6-8 months from now.

With time there comes hope. I wouldn't bet on any future start at this time. This thing could mutate and all **** breaks lose. I'm also not sure that it's been proven either way conclusively, but some are saying it's now airborne.

I would be shocked if football followed it's fall script at this point. Spring, hope springs eternal but either outcome six or seven months down the road wouldn't surprise me.

Advertisement
Yes people will still be possibly getting it. Vaccines will be in circulation by then based on all recent info released. Also, there will be some type of built up immunity by then. Now will the vaccines work and will people even take them? That’s a different story. The timeline continues to be late 2020-early 2021 for vaccines.
No guarantee with vaccines or their availability once discovered. We may as well play football and live life now because nothing in the future is promised.

2E6D8C3B-FD9C-47CF-99AF-330E6DC8796D.gif

Advertisement
No one has any answers, and no one is just willing to come to the realization that college kids will continue to catch the VID until there's a cure for it. If they somehow think they're going to create an environment where no one catches it, and they will halt the operation the minute someone catches it, then they have Downs Syndrome.

Either accept that college kids will continue to get infected with or without football, or just shut it down right now, and let the world know there will be no football until there's a cure.

It's not about finding a cure, it's about lowering the infection rate. Unfortunately this country is too dumb to do that. If we were in 90% of the rest of the world (which understood how to lower the curve), we'd be playing. This isn't about a cure, this is about a country and leadership being too dumb to lower the curve of the infection rate.

Protect the elderly and move forward...I challenge all of you to pull up the data by age. This China virus impacts those over the age of 65 by and large. It's the majority and not even close.

There may never be a vaccine. So what do those that promote no sports this Fall, no in-school for kids, businesses closed and job lost want to do go forward?

Advertisement
To add to the OSU situation, I was just reading their board a bit to see what was said. It seems a number of the kids have been going back and forth between school and home, Justin Fields being one of them who has gone back and forth to Georgia a few times. No one knows who tested positive or if anyone is actually sick. The actual number of football players hasn't been made official but a number of people say they heard 10.
Sp that's on the suckeyes for not running a tight shop.

And your post is the “Elephant in the living Room”

Covid is not likely going away by the Spring! Wishful thinking vs Biology 🤔! My money is on the virus! Especially with the reckless behavior which is why this thing is spreading so rapidly.

the hope is that there will either be a treatment or a vaccine by the spring

highly unlikely but that’s the thinking behind maybe spring

Advertisement
Back