UNC and Ohio St* Suspending Voluntary Workouts

Screenshot_20200708-190638_Twitter.jpg

Another one

Advertisement
So let's say a school tests regularly and contains. They start mandatory workouts on schedule. Assuming the NCAA doesn't act between now and Aug 7th, they'll have practices. Then the decision is made to delay. The teams that were able to keep their sht together will have had X practices already completed. Will they be limited when the eventual startup comes?

So let's say a school tests regularly and contains. They start mandatory workouts on schedule. Assuming the NCAA doesn't act between now and Aug 7th, they'll have practices. Then the decision is made to delay. The teams that were able to keep their sht together will have had X practices already completed. Will they be limited when the eventual startup comes?
No, as you need those practices prior to the games not only to learn, but as a warm-up. Everyone will have the same amount of weeks prior to the season if it is delayed.

What would most likely happen is that they announce the delay sooner rather than later and force everyone to stop practices until a given date where everyone can practice.

Yes people will still be possibly getting it. Vaccines will be in circulation by then based on all recent info released. Also, there will be some type of built up immunity by then. Now will the vaccines work and will people even take them? That’s a different story. The timeline continues to be late 2020-early 2021 for vaccines.
You do know that we are still trying to get vaccines for diseases and viruses decades later no guarantees on a vaccine. I want this season also. But the treatment has been better with younger patients but still no guarantees on a vaccine and I'm not taking the first they put out.

Advertisement
Trainers
Walk ons
Cafeteria workers
Nutritionists
S&C Staff
Volunteers
Recruiting staff
Interns
Equipment people
Laundry people
There are a lot of people who help with a college football team

this. people don't get that it isn't just 100 people associated with a team. you also have to look at those at RAs that oversee the floors in the dorms as well.

STATEMENT FROM OHIO STATE ATHLETICS...

The Ohio State Department of Athletics has paused all voluntary workouts on campus following the results of its most recent COVID-19 testing of student-athletes. Seven teams’ workouts are affected by this pause: men’s and women’s basketball, field hockey, football, men’s and women’s soccer and women’s volleyball.

The university is not sharing cumulative COVID-19 information publicly as it could lead to the identification of specific individuals and compromise their medical privacy.

If a student-athlete tests positive for COVID-19, he/she will self-isolate for at least 14 days and receive daily check-ups from the Department of Athletics medical staff. Student-athletes living alone will isolate in their residence. If they have roommates, they will self-isolate in a designated room on campus.

Rumor is approx. 10 football players tested positive out of the 100+ athletes on campus.

We can kiss fall football goodbye.
Man this coubtry will never be saved... lol

Seriously in hard times like these, sports makes us forget about issues in the world.

Maybe this is God's way of saying figure it out without sports. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Advertisement
To add to the OSU situation, I was just reading their board a bit to see what was said. It seems a number of the kids have been going back and forth between school and home, Justin Fields being one of them who has gone back and forth to Georgia a few times. No one knows who tested positive or if anyone is actually sick. The actual number of football players hasn't been made official but a number of people say they heard 10.

No, as you need those practices prior to the games not only to learn, but as a warm-up. Everyone will have the same amount of weeks prior to the season if it is delayed.

What would most likely happen is that they announce the delay sooner rather than later and force everyone to stop practices until a given date where everyone can practice.
That's what I'm thinking too. But it would be nice to have a few extra practices if they did shut it all down.

Statement about UNC:

Less than four weeks since North Carolina football players began returning to campus, the university has paused voluntary workouts for at least a week as a precaution after the Orange County Health Department identified a cluster of positive COVID-19 tests, which is defined as five or more related cases.

Facilities staff members were the first to return to campus on June 1 followed by sports medicine personnel on June 8. Coaching staffs for football and both basketball programs arrived on June 12. The staggered entry approach for the football roster welcomed groups of players on June 12, 19, 26 and 29. Men’s and women’s basketball players returned on July 6.

A UNC press release on Wednesday afternoon indicated that Campus Health and UNC Hospitals have initiated 429 tests of student-athletes, coaches and staff and that 37 of those tests have yielded positive results for COVID-19.

Advertisement
To add to the OSU situation, I was just reading their board a bit to see what was said. It seems a number of the kids have been going back and forth between school and home, Justin Fields being one of them who has gone back and forth to Georgia a few times. No one knows who tested positive or if anyone is actually sick. The actual number of football players hasn't been made official but a number of people say they heard 10.

So they're not prisoners in the summer? Weird.

Advertisement
I'm telling y'all I don't agree with it at all but I don't think we're having college football in the fall

There are some idiots who think no big deal we just going to suit up and start playing in September. Move the **** thing to spring and have a fall camp to even see if its possible to play without a vaccine.

There are some idiots who think no big deal we just going to suit up and start playing in September. Move the **** thing to spring and have a fall camp to even see if its possible to play without a vaccine.

explain to me how playing in spring makes sense?

Think of how great it would be attending Miami home games Jan-Mar while everyone else throughout the country endures the cold.

Advertisement
Back