UM vs. UL: Russell Athletic Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone talking about coordinators and assistant coaches at this point hasn't been paying attention to this program for the past 10 years. It's painfully obvious that assistant coaches aren't the problem and everyone here knows it.
Yep. For some odd reason no one wants to admit it.

Golden is not the right coach for the Miami job. He will be a failure here and will continue to sink this program if he's not fired maximum at the end of next year.

Who is? Fire Golden, then, who do we hire?

Frankly, I'm tired of this fire whoever talk. Who do we get?

Right, so because we don't have a standout option right now, keeping a ****ty coach is the best course of action. Only on CiS.

When did I say keep him?
Usually the people who get flabbergasted about not having any other good options argue to keep the coach. I apologize for misinterpreting your argument.

Advertisement
Hey Doritos,

626.jpg

Advertisement
Anyone talking about coordinators and assistant coaches at this point hasn't been paying attention to this program for the past 10 years. It's painfully obvious that assistant coaches aren't the problem and everyone here knows it.
Golden is a bum, which I have been saying since the summer. BUT:

Ultimately, we have huge issues with the program overall, starting at the top with Shalala. Three straight failed hires says as much. We do not have the same commitment to winning as other programs. Golden will remain employed here for the next 2 years, while scapegoating assistants and other staff. This has become the Miami way. The program itself is on serious life-support if not already dead. Call me a mope, call me not a Cane. Call me whatever the **** CiS has called me. Anyone who sees anything else seriously has no clue and tonight just validates it all.

Disagree with this. If we had good defensive coaches we would have won 11 games this year. If we can somehow keep this class in tact we will have plenty of talent to win a lot of games. We just need a lot better coaching.

We have many more issues than defense. The entire culture and mentality of the program is soft. It is the same softness that we had under Coker and Shannon. That is a problem with Golden and the rest of the administration. Again, refuse to see this if you want. But I promise you, it is reality.

Guess I'll disagree with you on that point. I don't think our players are soft. I just think they are put in a poor position to succeed with our philosophies.

"You win some, you lose some"
-Stephen Morris, senior QB at The U

Just saying.

@flasportsbuzz: And UM must figure out how to sustain drives. UM 0 for 11 on third downs tonight. UM's 37.8 third down con. rate this season was 84th of 123

Bring me Schiano and Butch as his DC. You will see a team that plays with balls and a team that is developed properly and put in a position to win

How different would this team be with someone like Meyer coaching? I guaranteed you, we would compete with this same talent we have now.

Advertisement
Give me a young, aggressive ****head.

No more nice guy, politically correct coaches. Tone starts at the top.

And by the way...I have zero issue with what UL did in the 4th quarter. We deserved it for how poorly prepared we were.

Advertisement

Ultimately, we have huge issues with the program overall, starting at the top with Shalala. Three straight failed hires says as much. We do not have the same commitment to winning as other programs. Golden will remain employed here for the next 2 years, while scapegoating assistants and other staff. This has become the Miami way. The program itself is on serious life-support if not already dead. Call me a mope, call me not a Cane. Call me whatever the **** CiS has called me. Anyone who sees anything else seriously has no clue and tonight just validates it all.

Disagree with this. If we had good defensive coaches we would have won 11 games this year. If we can somehow keep this class in tact we will have plenty of talent to win a lot of games. We just need a lot better coaching.

We have many more issues than defense. The entire culture and mentality of the program is soft. It is the same softness that we had under Coker and Shannon. That is a problem with Golden and the rest of the administration. Again, refuse to see this if you want. But I promise you, it is reality.

Guess I'll disagree with you on that point. I don't think our players are soft. I just think they are put in a poor position to succeed with our philosophies.
They've been made soft by Golden who doesn't have any edge and doesn't allow the team to have an edge.

Yep. For some odd reason no one wants to admit it.

Golden is not the right coach for the Miami job. He will be a failure here and will continue to sink this program if he's not fired maximum at the end of next year.

Who is? Fire Golden, then, who do we hire?

Frankly, I'm tired of this fire whoever talk. Who do we get?
Did I say fire him right now. I said its time to admit Golden is not the coach we all thought he was. Give him one more season, then fire him. We already know what we have with him. But whatever its not gonna happen so I could give a ****

I understand. But the question still remains. If he is fired next year, who the **** is going to come to UM? At the very least, Al has served his purpose, weathered the storm, and even added two wins from last year. But who would be next?

Advertisement

They've been made soft by Golden who doesn't have any edge and doesn't allow the team to have an edge.

Maybe so. That is why I said I disagreed that the program was dead.

The right defensive coaches alone would have had this team at 11 wins. Plenty of talented players, just a scheme that doesn't put them in a position to succeed.

Don't get how we got so soft when toughness is supposed to be Goldens strength! Smh. At this point I'm just hoping that he recruits such good talent that it maskes his poor coaching. That's really all we can hope for. He's not going anywhere. And let's hope donofrio doesn't get let on the bus home.

We will never win anything significant with Al Golden as our coach.

Nope. This year was our best shot.
Best shot for what?
For Golden to win anything. Surely you aren't implying we are going to win next year with a younger team, and specifically DL? If you are, I really am not sure what you are basing such a wild implication of off, considering tonight and the season as a whole.
You're joking, right?

The Seniors and Juniors on this team are not Miami calibre players.

I'd also say the 2015 Canes would absolutely demolish this team. The recruiting classes Golden is bringing in (and the cupboards were bare when he got here) are ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back