UM vs. UL: Russell Athletic Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
From 2010...

Golden As A Coach

Jason Whitlock follows MAC football quite closely and he had some interesting comments: 1, 2, 3, and 4. The most shocking thing to come out of that? Temple has the biggest football budget in the MAC. At Miami, Golden will have at best the fourth highest budget in the ACC. He also says that Temple takes a lot of kids with questionable academics. It it thought that Miami doesn't allow that to happen with the frequency it once did.

While questions about his game management abound, Golden is considered a good schematic coach, a developer of players, a good motivator, and a quality recruiter.

Faces Same Problems As Shannon

Al Golden is new, but the problems for Miami's program are not. Golden will face many of the same challenges faced by Shannon, and there is little reason to expect he will have answers for problems beyond his control.

Randy Shannon graduated his players at an amazing rate and in his last two seasons put a football team on the field that was always in the top quarter of college programs. And Miami fans just didn't care to come watch, drawing less than 30,000 fans in his final game. Miami expects Golden to continue to graduate his players at Shannon's rate and put a better product on the field. Good luck.

Advertisement
BrianTheBeastLondon ‏@MiamiRadioBeast 10m

Al-"Every player, every coach and every unit is going to be evaluated from top to bottom. I'll start that tomorrow."
He's not going to do a god**** thing.

i want to believe... but i know this to be true.

30 being out on the field tonight is proof enough. considering there was talk that all positions were up for grabs during practice.

Guess I'll disagree with you on that point. I don't think our players are soft. I just think they are put in a poor position to succeed with our philosophies.

"You win some, you lose some"
-Stephen Morris, senior QB at The U

Just saying.

Please don't tell me he just said that after the game.

Nope, he said that after the VT game.

I've meet Morris three times, and every single time I've walked away from thinking, "What an arrogant, pompous, **** head." I have never found myself disliking a UM player, but SteMo has never been on my good side. EVER. Hate the guy. This isn't judging from on field performance either, just meeting him as a person. Something about him is completely off. He's not a quarterback, just a dude with a live arm that we were left with after Teddy went to UL.

Never met him...

But the fact that he makes sure PUTTING ON HIS FITTED HAT is the FIRST thing he does after every failed drive erks the **** out of me.

Maybe I'm reading into things too much but making sure I put on my hat was never the first thing on my mind during a football game, especially after throwing picks. ******' slapdick makes sure that's the FIRST thing he does every time he goes to the sideline.

That's that ******' "swag" bull****. You can just tell that kid is feeling himself way too much.

Golden with Bailey Jr.

-Appreciates the Sr. Class
-Bailey sucking Golden off (duh)
-Can't "quantify" what the Sr.'s meant to the program

Bailey keeps asking questions about the Srs and avoids asking questions about the game. ***

-Keep moving it forward (the program)
-It stings
-To get to the next level we need more depth....keep building.

-Terrible on 3rd down....offense put defense in a tough spot early.
-Teddy is a great player
-fought our tails off early on and offense needs to convert better
-run game struggled (duh)

Terrible interview (to be expected from Bailey Jr.)

Advertisement
Guess I'll disagree with you on that point. I don't think our players are soft. I just think they are put in a poor position to succeed with our philosophies.

Just saying.

I've meet Morris three times, and every single time I've walked away from thinking, "What an arrogant, pompous, **** head." I have never found myself disliking a UM player, but SteMo has never been on my good side. EVER. Hate the guy. This isn't judging from on field performance either, just meeting him as a person. Something about him is completely off. He's not a quarterback, just a dude with a live arm that we were left with after Teddy went to UL.

HOLY ****!!!! Nobody told me Morris had Kirby Freemanitis!!!!!!!!! God ****! The whole team must be infected!

Anyone talking about coordinators and assistant coaches at this point hasn't been paying attention to this program for the past 10 years. It's painfully obvious that assistant coaches aren't the problem and everyone here knows it.
Golden is a bum, which I have been saying since the summer. BUT:

Ultimately, we have huge issues with the program overall, starting at the top with Shalala. Three straight failed hires says as much. We do not have the same commitment to winning as other programs. Golden will remain employed here for the next 2 years, while scapegoating assistants and other staff. This has become the Miami way. The program itself is on serious life-support if not already dead. Call me a mope, call me not a Cane. Call me whatever the **** CiS has called me. Anyone who sees anything else seriously has no clue and tonight just validates it all.

Disagree with this. If we had good defensive coaches we would have won 11 games this year. If we can somehow keep this class in tact we will have plenty of talent to win a lot of games. We just need a lot better coaching.

We have many more issues than defense. The entire culture and mentality of the program is soft. It is the same softness that we had under Coker and Shannon. That is a problem with Golden and the rest of the administration. Again, refuse to see this if you want. But I promise you, it is reality.

We have philosophies? Must be if it doesn't work, keep doing it until the other team falls over from boredom.
:sigh:
I wasn't trying to be an *******, I am just in awe from what I witnessed tonight.

Just saying.

Never met him...

But the fact that he makes sure PUTTING ON HIS FITTED HAT is the FIRST thing he does after every failed drive erks the **** out of me.

Maybe I'm reading into things too much but making sure I put on my hat was never the first thing on my mind during a football game, especially after throwing picks. ****in' slapdick makes sure that's the FIRST thing he does every time he goes to the sideline.

That's that ****in' "swag" bull****. You can just tell that kid is feeling himself way too much.

Lol, annoys the **** outta me as well, I thought I was going crazy, all ******* season, same straight billed ugly POS...how about getting in someone's ***, or talking to your teammates!

Advertisement
Golden with Bailey Jr.

-Appreciates the Sr. Class
-Bailey sucking Golden off (duh)
-Can't "quantify" what the Sr.'s meant to the program

Bailey keeps asking questions about the Srs and avoids asking questions about the game. ***

-Keep moving it forward (the program)
-It stings
-To get to the next level we need more depth....keep building.

-Terrible on 3rd down....offense put defense in a tough spot early.
-Teddy is a great player
-fought our tails off early on and offense needs to convert better
-run game struggled (duh)

Terrible interview (to be expected from Bailey Jr.)

LOL. Al duped him into putting all of the blame on the offense. Louisville puts up 500+ yds and it's not even mentioned by our suck-a$$ coach. ***** Golden.

Every dip**** coach throws out that bull**** once they realize the house is caving in around them.

"We're gonna go back to the drawing board and evaluate everything." He's not gonna do **** except fart in his office and make a dent in the giant tub of cheese balls behind his desk.

I like Coach Golden, but I have my doubts about how good a coach he is. He will probably be here for a looooooooong time. I think Donna likes him more than she likes winning football games, and I suspect that her successor will feel that way also. If this situation is going to frustrate you, maybe you should find a different team to root for. I, however, will continue to root for the Canes and for Coach Golden, win or lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back