UM vs. UL: Russell Athletic Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden is a bum, which I have been saying since the summer. BUT:

Ultimately, we have huge issues with the program overall, starting at the top with Shalala. Three straight failed hires says as much. We do not have the same commitment to winning as other programs. Golden will remain employed here for the next 2 years, while scapegoating assistants and other staff. This has become the Miami way. The program itself is on serious life-support if not already dead. Call me a mope, call me not a Cane. Call me whatever the **** CiS has called me. Anyone who sees anything else seriously has no clue and tonight just validates it all.

Disagree with this. If we had good defensive coaches we would have won 11 games this year. If we can somehow keep this class in tact we will have plenty of talent to win a lot of games. We just need a lot better coaching.

We have many more issues than defense. The entire culture and mentality of the program is soft. It is the same softness that we had under Coker and Shannon. That is a problem with Golden and the rest of the administration. Again, refuse to see this if you want. But I promise you, it is reality.

Guess I'll disagree with you on that point. I don't think our players are soft. I just think they are put in a poor position to succeed with our philosophies.

"You win some, you lose some"
-Stephen Morris, senior QB at The U

Just saying.

Please don't tell me he just said that after the game.

Advertisement
Disagree with this. If we had good defensive coaches we would have won 11 games this year. If we can somehow keep this class in tact we will have plenty of talent to win a lot of games. We just need a lot better coaching.

We have many more issues than defense. The entire culture and mentality of the program is soft. It is the same softness that we had under Coker and Shannon. That is a problem with Golden and the rest of the administration. Again, refuse to see this if you want. But I promise you, it is reality.

Guess I'll disagree with you on that point. I don't think our players are soft. I just think they are put in a poor position to succeed with our philosophies.

Just saying.

Nope, he said that after the VT game.

We will never win anything significant with Al Golden as our coach.

Nope. This year was our best shot.
Best shot for what?
For Golden to win anything. Surely you aren't implying we are going to win next year with a younger team, and specifically DL? If you are, I really am not sure what you are basing such a wild implication of off, considering tonight and the season as a whole.
You're joking, right?

The Seniors and Juniors on this team are not Miami calibre players.

I'd also say the 2015 Canes would absolutely demolish this team. The recruiting classes Golden is bringing in (and the cupboards were bare when he got here) are ridiculous.
Take a look at the post filled with excuses and rationalizations for a coach who has fallen flat on his face in year 3. Then ask me if I am the one joking.

In fact, I will make a bet with you right now since you are so sure. Next year's team does no better than 9 wins. Lifetime ban bet. I will never post here again if I lose and same to you.

Just saying.

Yeah, compare that speech with Tebow's speech that he's famous for. Say what you want about Tebow but at least he never said some weak **** like you win some you lose some... not in college you aren't supposed to..

Advertisement
Nope. This year was our best shot.
Best shot for what?
For Golden to win anything. Surely you aren't implying we are going to win next year with a younger team, and specifically DL? If you are, I really am not sure what you are basing such a wild implication of off, considering tonight and the season as a whole.
You're joking, right?

The Seniors and Juniors on this team are not Miami calibre players.

I'd also say the 2015 Canes would absolutely demolish this team. The recruiting classes Golden is bringing in (and the cupboards were bare when he got here) are ridiculous.
Take a look at the post filled with excuses and rationalizations for a coach who has fallen flat on his face in year 3. Then ask me if I am the one joking.

In fact, I will make a bet with you right now since you are so sure. Next year's team does do better than 9 wins. Lifetime ban bet. I will never post here again if I lose and same to you.

He's not fallen flat on his face. It was a disappointing season and I'm as embarrassed and frustrated as anyone, but we're clearly moving in the right direction.

Just with the calibre of player we're bringing in if nothing else.

Advertisement
It's painfully obvious that the total Louisville program valued this game more than we did.

Now....don't get me wrong.......we were yucking it the **** up at Disney World and **** and happier than a puppy with two peckers that we could go bowling. Louisville played the game like they wanted to win and make a statement. We played like a team full of *** pop warner kids.

Agree that Golden is obviously not the right guy for the job....but let's be very clear about something, both Coley and Onfrio are in WAY over their heads. Each guy is ridiculously underqualified for this big a stage.

And guess what...that points right back to Golden. One of the biggest parts of being a good coach is being able to spot and surround yourself with good assistants
Agree. The fact that they have their positions in the first place is the real problem.

Just saying.

I've meet Morris three times, and every single time I've walked away from thinking, "What an arrogant, pompous, **** head." I have never found myself disliking a UM player, but SteMo has never been on my good side. EVER. Hate the guy. This isn't judging from on field performance either, just meeting him as a person. Something about him is completely off. He's not a quarterback, just a dude with a live arm that we were left with after Teddy went to UL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We are just another team right now. Just have to face the facts. Poor coaching and bad player development!!! If staff stays intact, we are looking at 7 wins tops next year.

BrianTheBeastLondon ‏@MiamiRadioBeast 10m

Al-"Every player, every coach and every unit is going to be evaluated from top to bottom. I'll start that tomorrow."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back