UM v KSU Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, if your name isn't Morris, Hurns, Davon Johnson, or Linder and you're a junior or senior....................just get the **** out!!!!! Get out and don't come back.

As for the rest, I've been a fan of Golden since he arrived but this was pathetic and an absolute failure all around by the coaching staff. I'm starting to get really sick and tired of talking about failed coaching too. I didn't expect dominance, or even a stout defense with the personnel Miami has, but there wasn't even any aggression. Whether it was playcalling or the way players attacked (or didn't in their case). Fisch was a failure today too, and this lateral bull**** is past old. It's gonna be a very tough road having to rely on so many underclassmen, but there was no excuse for this. Much more of this and Golden will be forced to either cut the dead wieght or find himself out of a job, and this program with a 3rd fired coach may never see the light of day again.

Advertisement
I wish I could say this was a young front four taking their lumps. But it's not.

Shannon left the cupboard bare, but Golden's guys aren't flashing. Grimble is bad, Pierre is JAG, Chickillo is solid but isn't taking the next step, and the rest of the guys aren't playing. Moore is the only freshman that got any real burn up front and that was just because of injury and suspension.

This is my point. You can point to Shannon, and say he left the cupboard bare, and you would be correct, but Golden guys are not lighting it up either.

Most players are what they are when they are sophmores, and Chick, Pierre, and Grimble are all average players. That is why I could care less about stars when it comes to recruiting.

None of these guys where worth their recruiting ranking.

Pierre wasn't a high star guy.

Golden brought Pierre as a Temple recruit, right?

Yeap.

I wish I could say this was a young front four taking their lumps. But it's not.

Shannon left the cupboard bare, but Golden's guys aren't flashing. Grimble is bad, Pierre is JAG, Chickillo is solid but isn't taking the next step, and the rest of the guys aren't playing. Moore is the only freshman that got any real burn up front and that was just because of injury and suspension.

People still blaming shannon. Last year when Miami returned more experince and better players than most every team it faced the coaching staff still showed holes and now are being even more exsposed. **** shannon took a young team to gainsville va a national champ and had a better showing than this BS. By the second year good coaches should be able to address roster issues. you blaming shannon is admitting that golden isnt very good. this roster wasn't as bad as yall make it out to be especially last year wehn several players made nfl rosters.

You say the line is not young but you name all true sophs or reshirt freshman.

Agree on not seeing any flashes. I thought McCord did some things last week but really didn't see him much today.

Darius Smith, Shayon Green and Kelvin Cain are three of the top five defensive linemen and they are completely ineffective as upperclassmen. Pierre is a third-year player and Chickillo, while technically a sophomore, might already be scraping his ceiling. This isn't a youthful, high-upside defensive line.

As for McCord, I understand why he's not playing because of his size and the nature of this game. I'm more concerned that Jelani Hamilton didn't play until the end.

that game was a piece of ****. Think the whole team bought into the Duke Johnson hype and forgot to show. Hope everyone sees that this team is between today's KSU game and BC. 7-5 team tops

Advertisement

This is my point. You can point to Shannon, and say he left the cupboard bare, and you would be correct, but Golden guys are not lighting it up either.

Most players are what they are when they are sophmores, and Chick, Pierre, and Grimble are all average players. That is why I could care less about stars when it comes to recruiting.

DL rarely dominate from the get go, very difficult to be great on the DL as FR and So.

That's not true at all. NFL talent on the d-line dominates from the get go. You play as a freshman, and then you take over as a sophmore. You don't see average players for 2 or 3 years becone dominate in year 4. They are usually just role players.

Agree D$. Wish he saw some life from someone on the DLine. The DE position is making me nervous, at least at DT we appear to be bringing in the Bostwick, Bryant, Bain. That said young DL rarely are ready to play, especially DTs.

I've been defending D'Onfrio but he just confused the **** out of me today. 6 vs 8 is never going to work so I don't think his scheme was helping anyone today.

You aren't confused you've just been defending ohnofrio for the worng reasons. If you knew what you were watching on game days yu would have started questioning the dc after the maryland game like i did. after the k-state game last year i knew coach d was trash. that's from watching the games.

I lashed out and subsequently got negged during this game. I stand by my posts even now that it's done. I am a canes fan. It hurts me to see this game, more than it really should. I just don't think we made any real progress from last week and rebuilding or not, we got smashed.

You say the line is not young but you name all true sophs or reshirt freshman.

Agree on not seeing any flashes. I thought McCord did some things last week but really didn't see him much today.

Darius Smith, Shayon Green and Kelvin Cain are three of the top five defensive linemen and they are completely ineffective as upperclassmen. Pierre is a third-year player and Chickillo, while technically a sophomore, might already be scraping his ceiling. This isn't a youthful, high-upside defensive line.

As for McCord, I understand why he's not playing because of his size and the nature of this game. I'm more concerned that Jelani Hamilton didn't play until the end.

So is it young or not. It's tough to say that it's not a young line but then blame Golden's recruits, no?

This is Pierre's 2nd season BTW.

Advertisement
DL cupboard was depleted partially by switching Perry and Dye to TE. two big young guys who if nothing else provide more size up front and last year could have gotten a lot of experience cause of all the injuries. so we'd have two big guys with experience - even if they weren't very good that's better than having guys who lack size and experience not allowed to RS cause we have no one else at the position.

Coaches didn't do themselves any favors. can't switch guys from a spot where you got 3 SRs and a JR who everyone knows was eyeing leaving early.

Agree D$. Wish he saw some life from someone on the DLine. The DE position is making me nervous, at least at DT we appear to be bringing in the Bostwick, Bryant, Bain. That said young DL rarely are ready to play, especially DTs.

I've been defending D'Onfrio but he just confused the **** out of me today. 6 vs 8 is never going to work so I don't think his scheme was helping anyone today.

You aren't confused you've just been defending ohnofrio for the worng reasons. If you knew what you were watching on game days yu would have started questioning the dc after the maryland game like i did. after the k-state game last year i knew coach d was trash. that's from watching the games.

You think Shannon brought Miami's talent back so I'm not sure if you should trust what you are watching. Go find the 2009 and 2010 defensive recruiting thread and show your face in there.

Pierre wasn't a high star guy.

Golden brought Pierre as a Temple recruit, right?

Yeap.

I never said that Pierre was highly recruited, I said he wasn't worthy of his high school ranking. Now Chick and Grimble was highly recruited, and both of those guys have been average so far.

Advertisement
So is it young or not. It's tough to say that it's not a young line but then blame Golden's recruits, no?

No, it's not. You're missing the point. The line would be younger if the guys sitting on the bench were better. The guys in front of them can't play.

we did good in the lil 2 min drive (hurry up offense) and did not go back to it... we need some down field plays (big plays).... the Defensive line fuggin sucks... No push... Next year we need to consider a JUCO DT, We need to go get a DE like Nkemdiche and stop fuggin around...

Only unit on this team I have some confidence in is the WR corp, but Morris is throwing to them. DP/DUKE and that's about it...

Advertisement

No, it's not. You're missing the point. The line would be younger if the guys sitting on the bench were better. The guys in front of them can't play.

D$ did you expect guys like Ivery, Moore, Hoilett, Hamilton, McCord to be making impacts this early? I know I didn't.

Was hoping to see a jump from Chick, Grimble, Pierre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back