UM v KSU Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post to this thread. I've read many of the posts. Never will get used to or accept losing.

This IMHO will be an up and down season. The stage was too big for our guys today. Everyone saw it; we got whipped and out coached.

Coach Golden isn't going anywhere so forget pressing reset. Neither is his best friend Coach D.

At this point I say try to be patient and recognize we will be up and down this year but by the end of the year we should look like a new team.

Advertisement
I wish I could say this was a young front four taking their lumps. But it's not.

Shannon left the cupboard bare, but Golden's guys aren't flashing. Grimble is bad, Pierre is JAG, Chickillo is solid but isn't taking the next step, and the rest of the guys aren't playing. Moore is the only freshman that got any real burn up front and that was just because of injury and suspension.

This is my point. You can point to Shannon, and say he left the cupboard bare, and you would be correct, but Golden guys are not lighting it up either.

Most players are what they are when they are sophmores, and Chick, Pierre, and Grimble are all average players. That is why I could care less about stars when it comes to recruiting.

None of these guys where worth their recruiting ranking.

DL rarely dominate from the get go, very difficult to be great on the DL as FR and So.

That's not true at all. NFL talent on the d-line dominates from the get go. You play as a freshman, and then you take over as a sophmore. You don't see average players for 2 or 3 years becone dominate in year 4. They are usually just role players.

LOL@ comparing a 21-22 yr old grown man to an 18 yr old being asked to play more than 10-15 snaps a game. Apples to oranges.

BTW, rDEs and rDTs can certainly struggle in the NFL. Much easier for fast OLBs in a 3-4 scheme to have an impact rushing the QB.

What da **** are you talking about? Did you not see Jenkins and Werner dominate as true sophmores? Did you not see Vince Wilfolk ability as a RFR? What about when Andrew Williams played his first game against Penn State.

Wasn't Calais Campbell dominate in his second season on the field for the Canes? What about Jerome Mcdougle?

Again NFL type talent is usually dominant by their second year.

Only unit on this team I have some confidence in is the WR corp, but Morris is throwing to them. DP/DUKE and that's about it...

Are you suggesting you have a problem with Morris. If so that's laughable. He'd be at about 80% for the year without all the drops.

This is my point. You can point to Shannon, and say he left the cupboard bare, and you would be correct, but Golden guys are not lighting it up either.

Most players are what they are when they are sophmores, and Chick, Pierre, and Grimble are all average players. That is why I could care less about stars when it comes to recruiting.

DL rarely dominate from the get go, very difficult to be great on the DL as FR and So.

That's not true at all. NFL talent on the d-line dominates from the get go. You play as a freshman, and then you take over as a sophmore. You don't see average players for 2 or 3 years becone dominate in year 4. They are usually just role players.

LOL@ comparing a 21-22 yr old grown man to an 18 yr old being asked to play more than 10-15 snaps a game. Apples to oranges.

BTW, rDEs and rDTs can certainly struggle in the NFL. Much easier for fast OLBs in a 3-4 scheme to have an impact rushing the QB.

What da **** are you talking about? Did you not see Jenkins and Werner dominate as true sophmores? Did you not see Vince Wilfolk ability as a RFR? What about when Andrew Williams played his first game against Penn State.

Wasn't Calais Campbell dominate in his second season on the field for the Canes? What about Jerome Mcdougle?

Weren't Williams and McDougle transfers?

this game needed to be in the middle of the season. these running QBs are going to torch us

Advertisement

Calais was a 3rd yr sophomore though.

So is it young or not. It's tough to say that it's not a young line but then blame Golden's recruits, no?

No, it's not. You're missing the point. The line would be younger if the guys sitting on the bench were better. The guys in front of them can't play.

D$ did you expect guys like Ivery, Moore, Hoilett, Hamilton, McCord to be making impacts this early? I know I didn't.

Was hoping to see a jump from Chick, Grimble, Pierre.

McCord looks too small.

yeah McDougle was a Juco guy and Williams made at least a prep stop too.

Advertisement
So is it young or not. It's tough to say that it's not a young line but then blame Golden's recruits, no?

No, it's not. You're missing the point. The line would be younger if the guys sitting on the bench were better. The guys in front of them can't play.

D$ did you expect guys like Ivery, Moore, Hoilett, Hamilton, McCord to be making impacts this early? I know I didn't.

Was hoping to see a jump from Chick, Grimble, Pierre.

McCord looks too small.

Yeah because he's a true FR that needs to put on a bunch of good weight. Ideally he would be able to RS and at a program that is currently established he would be RSing.

I wish I could say this was a young front four taking their lumps. But it's not.

Shannon left the cupboard bare, but Golden's guys aren't flashing. Grimble is bad, Pierre is JAG, Chickillo is solid but isn't taking the next step, and the rest of the guys aren't playing. Moore is the only freshman that got any real burn up front and that was just because of injury and suspension.

Agree D$. Wish he saw some life from someone on the DLine. The DE position is making me nervous, at least at DT we appear to be bringing in the Bostwick, Bryant, Bain. That said young DL rarely are ready to play, especially DTs.

I've been defending D'Onfrio but he just confused the **** out of me today. 6 vs 8 is never going to work so I don't think his scheme was helping anyone today.

You aren't confused you've just been defending ohnofrio for the worng reasons. If you knew what you were watching on game days yu would have started questioning the dc after the maryland game like i did. after the k-state game last year i knew coach d was trash. that's from watching the games.

You think Shannon brought Miami's talent back so I'm not sure if you should trust what you are watching. Go find the 2009 and 2010 defensive recruiting thread and show your face in there.

Players weren't a problem for shannon. he had other coaching issues. I don't care who didn't make it in what recruiting classes. all i care about are the guys that played. the guys that played didn't lack talent or else they wouldnt have amde nfl teams. go look at that 2010 two deep, you know, the guys that played and see how many guys made nfl teams, all acc , got drafted etc.

You can't cry about talent but then you see a bunch of guys making nfl teams. you look dumb. then you take that and compare it to the teams Miami faced. that's aprt of the reason shannon got fired. he underachieved relative to expectation based on players returning from a 9 win team.

When young players shine on defense, it typically is the result of talent around them alllowing them to shine early. It is very rare to see them do it on their own.

Yeah, but Pierre and Grimble are not NFL talent. Golden pulled what he could get to fill depth at that position. Chick was the only one with a chance to be something special. The other are JAGs. Hamilton and McCord have a chance but they are not anywhere close to dominating right now.

Advertisement
Judging the guys from Golden's first class which he had 3 weeks to put together in only their second year is a bit much, IMO.

Last edited:

Agree D$. Wish he saw some life from someone on the DLine. The DE position is making me nervous, at least at DT we appear to be bringing in the Bostwick, Bryant, Bain. That said young DL rarely are ready to play, especially DTs.

I've been defending D'Onfrio but he just confused the **** out of me today. 6 vs 8 is never going to work so I don't think his scheme was helping anyone today.

You aren't confused you've just been defending ohnofrio for the worng reasons. If you knew what you were watching on game days yu would have started questioning the dc after the maryland game like i did. after the k-state game last year i knew coach d was trash. that's from watching the games.

You think Shannon brought Miami's talent back so I'm not sure if you should trust what you are watching. Go find the 2009 and 2010 defensive recruiting thread and show your face in there.

Players weren't a problem for shannon. he had other coaching issues. I don't care who didn't make it in what recruiting classes. all i care about are the guys that played. the guys that played didn't lack talent or else they wouldnt have amde nfl teams. go look at that 2010 two deep, you know, the guys that played and see how many guys made nfl teams, all acc , got drafted etc.

You can't cry about talent but then you see a bunch of guys making nfl teams. you look dumb. then you take that and compare it to the teams Miami faced. that's aprt of the reason shannon got fired. he underachieved relative to expectation based on players returning from a 9 win team.

Do you understand depth or how you need to recruit to run a program?

Here I'm help you, here 09:

Luther Robinson
Shayon Green
Dyron Dye
RRA
Jamal Reid
Brandon McGee
Curtis Porter
Prince Kent
Olivier Vernon

2010:
Latwan Anderson
Jeffrey Brown
Jimmy Gaines
Delmar Taylor
Kelvin Cain
Keion Payne
David Perry
Travis williams
D'Vonta Davis
Ty Cornilius
Kacy Rodgers
Kevin Nelson
Jeremy Davis.

These should be our Sr and Jrs on defense. And people wonder why we are f'ing awful on defense, look no further. Building talent my ***, that is straight garbage.

Advertisement

Yes they where. That is not what I am saying. To win a national title you need NFL talent. NFL talent shows up by your second year on campus.

Yes they where. That is not what I am saying. To win a national title you need NFL talent. NFL talent shows up by your second year on campus.

But when you're a transfer, your second year is your 3rd/4th year of college football.

Sorry but that's not the case when Miami had a huge class leave last year. Golden brought in 30+ of his own players. 6 dl left from last year, porter is hurt and robinson got suspended so they need to be repalced by THE CURRENT COACH. Golden has flunked at bringing in quality dl's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back