UM staff pushing for 4-star local DT Lyons

View as article
Lyons seemed to be super loved by the forum but was he ever a priority for the staff?
Everything I’ve seen as far as podcasts like Canesinsight’s and the Flo Show etc all point to the staff absolutely loving and wanting Lyons. I had never thought of him as a priority recruit for them but they all say he definitely is without question. He is a recruit to watch his senior season. I’m guessing they believe he is gonna make a huge jump.

Advertisement
Everything I’ve seen as far as podcasts like Canesinsight’s and the Flo Show etc all point to the staff absolutely loving and wanting Lyons. I had never thought of him as a priority recruit for them but they all say he definitely is without question. He is a recruit to watch his senior season. I’m guessing they believe he is gonna make a huge jump.
These podcasts are from fans just like us.They dont know anymore than we do.There are just no leaks from inside miami these days.

We’re approaching the start of fall camp and I still don’t understand our DT board. Obviously Bear and Lucas are at the top but that seems like a dream scenario. Who are our realistic options? How many are we taking?
Seems like the board is Lucas as a 3 technique and then Tarber as the nose / run stuffer.

If they don’t get Lucas, I can see them circling back on Lyons.

So if we can sign 23 guys (Only Brown and Justice were counted forward), taking 5-6 DL when we are about to lose 5 minimum is too many? Alright. I’ll just disagree and pray our staff does too.
Who are the five DL that we will lose?

Advertisement
Way too much talk of JHH and Miller leaving early at this stage of the season. Especially JHH. He would have to have an unbelievably great season to leave.

The 4 deep in 2022 would be Miller, JHH, LT and ERoberts which is **** near elite level potentially..And don’t let Nesta get froggy and want to consider a 6th year.

Point being..the staff can be a little picky at DT this cycle. No need in taking anyone you arent 100% sold on. Maybe they like Lyons but don’t love him enough to play package deal games with him and Anderson. I agree with the posters who have said there has been no talk or buzz around him lately.
Wait elite level DTs? I was reading this thinking u were being sarcastic. I'm really confused. Taylor is the only one coming in with hype and it's rare a TF DT can come in and dominate. The rest of the guys haven't done anything....Miller is big body he isn't good. Nesta plays hard but possibly a sixth rounded. Roberts I haven't seen anything and Hunt has a bit of upside. DT has been hella underwhelming since Mac And G3 left. We have not had the same production or disruption in that spot since......UNC destroyed and showed that that is a weak spot for us.

Unless the Diaz switching to DCord is that big of a deal (which is possible) we will see.

Works both ways big homie.

But hey, if thats the case, what’s the point in any of this? Lets just delete the recruiting board because using that logic no one knows anything and let most on here tell it, the only kids we want are the ones that commit to us so hey, fvck it.

Forget the recruiting articles, the mock classes, 99.9% of this board including him in our class when we lost Durant and justifying the Durant loss because “hey, we got Lyons and Tarber!!”, posters like D Money and other knowledgeable posters comparing him to Pata (RIP) early on, none of that matters. All that matters is once he commits elsewhere, cause that’s the only way for sure we know if he was wanted or not because there is absolutely NO WAY any kid would pass on the opportunity to play for the University of Miami.

Sarcasm obviously and this isn’t me attacking you obviously but the same song and dance gets exhausting every time a kid commits elsewhere. A simple, “can’t win them all” is ok and won’t kill anyone. And again, if I am wrong and we really didn’t want him then I pray to God they prove me wrong and have a plan that no one can foresee right now.
Long reply for idk what’s going on.. just throwing things at the wall.

Advertisement
Wait elite level DTs? I was reading this thinking u were being sarcastic. I'm really confused. Taylor is the only one coming in with hype and it's rare a TF DT can come in and dominate. The rest of the guys haven't done anything....Miller is big body he isn't good. Nesta plays hard but possibly a sixth rounded. Roberts I haven't seen anything and Hunt has a bit of upside. DT has been hella underwhelming since Mac And G3 left. We have not had the same production or disruption in that spot since......UNC destroyed and showed that that is a weak spot for us.

Unless the Diaz switching to DCord is that big of a deal (which is possible) we will see.
Guess you skipped over the “potentially” part huh?

LT is a 5*....ERoberts is big time and if he’s 270 already I like his potential to be a force in his 3rd year. And I’ve seen posters on here already sending JHH off to the first round so clearly most think he’s a dude. That was my only point.

Man Lyons really has a lot of you posters ruffled, I think even he would be shocked at the admiration he is receiving at this moment. Lol.

My brother you must have been hibernating because this has been the talk for months now.Even Cooney publicly stated this high school class could be as small as 16.Now you can say the staff is lying and we will find out in a few months but all the info we've read coming from the staff is this high school class will be around 18-20.
Everyone came back this year. That means we will lose a lot of guys after this year.. manny will hit transfer portal hard out of necessity so yes high school class could be 15-17

Guess you skipped over the “potentially” part huh?

LT is a 5*....ERoberts is big time and if he’s 270 already I like his potential to be a force in his 3rd year. And I’ve seen posters on here already sending JHH off to the first round so clearly most think he’s a dude. That was my only point.

Man Lyons really has a lot of you posters ruffled, I think even he would be shocked at the admiration he is receiving at this moment. Lol.
Nah fuq Lyons he's a hobbit I want big fish.....my bad potential got it.....potentially super jags now I understand. Taylor is the only one in like yeeeesssss but even his production sr year was meh. But Simpson can teach so I give us that......I want LT to play like a first rounder but DT is hard to predict. DT and OL sometimes can be such toss ups.....an Evan Neal is a guarantee and the kid at DT last year who went to LSU those are guarantees....or an Ed Oliver.

We need bigger fish but with this whole conference shake up **** it's going to tell alot about the future of the program.

And JHH I haven't seen that 1st round stuff on Saturdays not yet at least.

Way too much talk of JHH and Miller leaving early at this stage of the season. Especially JHH. He would have to have an unbelievably great season to leave.

The 4 deep in 2022 would be Miller, JHH, LT and ERoberts which is **** near elite level potentially..And don’t let Nesta get froggy and want to consider a 6th year.

Point being..the staff can be a little picky at DT this cycle. No need in taking anyone you arent 100% sold on. Maybe they like Lyons but don’t love him enough to play package deal games with him and Anderson. I agree with the posters who have said there has been no talk or buzz around him lately.
Nesta has short arms and lacks height to go early in draft. He will be late round draft choice at best because of measurables

Advertisement
No excuse losing a homestead kid to the holes. I know numbers are tight and he’s not elite.. but ****
Do we know where he is on our board in terms of priorities - like are they just putting eggs in other baskets or was this guy prioritized and lost to FSU?

Advertisement
These podcasts are from fans just like us.They dont know anymore than we do.There are just no leaks from inside miami these days.
Ok, I hear you and definitely take what they say with a grain of salt. Just passing on what I’ve heard. I do believe that they know a little more than I do tho.

1627259670095.png

Can anyone confirm if the staff saw this kid as a take or not?

Seems like he was somewhat undersized and needed a lot of development. Body type looked a lot like Jalar Holley honestly

Simpson still has to prove himself on the trail but I’m ok with his approach to DT recruiting so far. Wants to see more of Tarbor, probably wanted to see more of Lyons. Bear, Lucas, and Durant (who was a miss) seem to be the only surefire takes right now at DT?

Advertisement
Back