UM staff pushing for 4-star local DT Lyons

View as article
Advertisement
Well this is a lock worthy thread then...No Lyons. No Tarbor..So looks like its Lucas, Bear or we hit the portal and try again next cycle. (shrugs) I liked Tarbor but I guess Simpson wasnt impressed. Time to move on.

Miami isn't really recruiting him (Tarber) hard anymore. Appears that they have backed off a bit. I'd be surprised if he ends up here.

I can have so much fun with this in reference to the Lyons/Durant decisions but people are sensitive so I’ll refrain.

If we take Tarbor this week, then we know what's up. He's the solid, local guy. They'll shoot for the moon with Lucas with Tarbor in the boat.

Myron Green is intriguing. I'm going to ask our CC coach here about him.

I believe 2022 DT Myron Green is on his 3rd JUCO and had academic issues even before Covid19.

Go Canes

I was in the stands bruh and was rooting for Deerfield for the record... Lol. That was the quietest 130 yards I’ve seen in years. And don’t think I don’t remember that Knighton had a long run that made the bulk of that 130 yards IIRC. He wasn’t running at will on that DL. And ERoberts was a big reason. But I digress.

Roberts is #9 right?

Last edited:
Advertisement
So we are pushing for some no name Canadian kid over a prospect like Tarber in our backyard. No idea what the **** we are doing with DT recruiting...

So we are pushing for some no name Canadian kid over a prospect like Tarber in our backyard. No idea what the **** we are doing with DT recruiting...
The "no name" guy has a better rating than the prospect in our backyard and both have very similar offers...the no name guy has blown up in the last few weeks and I would say is on the uptrend

Advertisement
Apparently he has the motor that Tarbor does not. (shrugs). Guess thats pretty much a must have in Simpsons book of what he wants his DTs to possess.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Assuming we get Shemar Stewart, I think he'll be playing inside a lot when he gets here and adds even more weight. Maybe coaches are counting on his versatility knowing he can be effective inside or on the edge?

I think a high motor is a must have for virtually every coach & certainly every NFL scout tbh
I agree. But to me its just hard to hold that against HS kids who have virtually dominated their comp their whole life because they were just bigger than everyone. Especially a guy who is 6'3-6'4 300lbs+ playing DT. But hey, all good either way. Ill trust their evals.

I agree. But to me its just hard to hold that against HS kids who have virtually dominated their comp their whole life because they were just bigger than everyone. Especially a guy who is 6'3-6'4 300lbs+ playing DT. But hey, all good either way. Ill trust their evals.
I think when kids see how well our DT's and DE play this year we will have kids lining up to play for Simpson.

Advertisement
Back