UM staff pushing for 4-star local DT Lyons

View as article
Well I think we also used IC on brown justice and maybe rique? For this years class. That would put us at 22 as a base. We clearly like the transfer portal and grab a quality player or two every year. Seems wise to leave at lease one or two s spots open for that. Also cute down on obvious reaches.

but toanswer directly I think it was cooney who said small class under 20
Pretty sure Rique was last class as I believe he was here for Spring practice

Advertisement
Ok, even if wrong, which logic says is not, 21-22 is the max we can have then? The numbers still don’t appear to add up.

So if we can sign 23 guys (Only Brown and Justice were counted forward), taking 5-6 DL when we are about to lose 5 minimum is too many? Alright. I’ll just disagree and pray our staff does too.

So if we can sign 23 guys (Only Brown and Justice were counted forward), taking 5-6 DL when we are about to lose 5 minimum is too many? Alright. I’ll just disagree and pray our staff does too.

Not disagreeing with you, honestly wanted your opinion cause you always know what you’re talking about.

The whole 85 limit is what’s throwing everything off for me.

Everyone was talking about Lyons and Tarber as an A+ haul and now the apologists are out in force saying neither is even a take and their offers weren’t committable. This is insane spin.

Either we f-ed up the evaluations to begin with or we f-ed up the recruitment. I’m a huge Simpson fan but this is not a good look.. Also, I saw their HUDL highlights and they are Miami kids.

We cannot take zero DTs and a rent-a-DT portal kid is a fail because you’re hoping the right talent comes available without having any control.
Lyons and Tarber is not an A+ haul to anyone but delusional Miami fans. Both are mid that’s why they are ranked mid and will continue to be ranked mid even though they have been playing football for years! I can’t believe we have fans ****ing about 3 star, downtrending, d tackles. Then these are the same fans that cry when we take too many 3 stars. Y’all are sick.

Advertisement
Regardless of whether or not we are still in the running for some bigger fish, the fact remains this can’t look good especially locally with HS coaches. Not saying Lyons should or should not be in our ‘22 class, but the optics of things can’t be looking great right now. That, and letting FSU horde all of the local talent gives Marky Mike inroads that’s we had effectively cutoff with Willy. We have got to do a better job of protecting our local turf.
We can’t just take kids because they are local. Throw that out of the window. We gotta go find the best of the best.

And what if we don’t have 20 spots or less?

Where did this whole, we are only taking 20 HS kids and fill the rest with portal guys thing begin? Just suggestions from random posters on this site or someone who is actually credible?
My brother you must have been hibernating because this has been the talk for months now.Even Cooney publicly stated this high school class could be as small as 16.Now you can say the staff is lying and we will find out in a few months but all the info we've read coming from the staff is this high school class will be around 18-20.

It's the same thing I said earlier that everything and I mean everything is quiet. I'm dead serious besides the visits what has anybody heard ahout Shemar , Henderson Twins, Horton ( who was an obvious future commit while everybody here thought we uad no chance at), Hood, Snoop, Lucas, Kelly, Wilson, Williams and others? It's all insanely quiet so I don't know what the board looks like because other then the obvious in state guys I've barely seen any kids talk about the process or how hard the staff is going
I like the stealth. Eventually we'll find out who was on campus "quietly" this week.

I am wondering if Singletary will make a quiet visit. Mansell has been dropping all kinds of "crumbs" about 2 guys visiting them this week that he won't be able to name... It's pretty clear he's hinting Singletary is one of them.

We can’t just take kids because they are local. Throw that out of the window. We gotta go find the best of the best.
Yes but we aren't getting Bear Alexander

And we aren't alabama

So when kids are still very good AND local, which Lyons and Tarbor are...You take them...This is how the formula works at UM. Not rocket science.

Advertisement
The game has changed, high school recruiting isn’t the foundation for a roster the way it used to be. I have no clue how things are going to play out but for those still losing their minds about the decision of a high school kid that will take 2 years minimum to develop before providing meaningful snaps………….it might be time to evolve with the game.

Aight Nobody is gonna Say it So I will
THIS KID IS LAZY *** ****
Run his Spring Film
-Stands Straight up out of his Stance
-Jogging to the ball
The Tape doesn’t LIE
Why else hasn’t Simpson made him a Priority, he’s a throwback Coach that See’s it!
Does he have some potential?
Maybe
But it’s not a HUGE Miss
I don't see what is the fascination with him to be honest. U hit it right on the head. Holley looked better coming out of high school than Lyons.

And what if we don’t have 20 spots or less?

Where did this whole, we are only taking 20 HS kids and fill the rest with portal guys thing begin? Just suggestions from random posters on this site or someone who is actually credible?
We only have a total of 23 spots with Cody Brown and the O lineman transfer being counted forward. Manny has hit the portal very hard ever since he became head coach. It's basic common since that he will once again save at least 3 or more spots for the portal.

Advertisement
I like the stealth. Eventually we'll find out who was on campus "quietly" this week.

I am wondering if Singletary will make a quiet visit. Mansell has been dropping all kinds of "crumbs" about 2 guys visiting them this week that he won't be able to name... It's pretty clear he's hinting Singletary is one of them.
I think the silent visits are happening more then ever because last year when usually recruitments actually heat up as juniors kids didn't actually get their chance to go about the process seriously. Now I think more kids are trying to get spots then actually ****ting everything down which I'm cool with. Now Singletary that's just his M.O. imo but he's smart as **** by controlling this narrative while visiting whoever he wants without drama

If Holley is gone and we lose Silvera and Ford to graduation, we have 5 DTs coming back in Miller, Roberts, JHH, Taylor and Haye. We only need 2 with 3 being the absolute max.

Just get Lyons and Tarber and continue recruiting Lucas, DT recruiting is pretty cut and dry this year.

Lyons and Tarber is not an A+ haul to anyone but delusional Miami fans. Both are mid that’s why they are ranked mid and will continue to be ranked mid even though they have been playing football for years! I can’t believe we have fans ****ing about 3 star, downtrending, d tackles. Then these are the same fans that cry when we take too many 3 stars.
It's a B+ or A- though...And much better than an air ball or calling Jason Seraphin or Kheanist Thompason and begging at the last minute.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back