UM staff pushing for 4-star local DT Lyons

View as article
Advertisement
Lol, ok

We are about to lose Nesta, Ford, and Miller and just lost one to transfer and return a grand total of

JHH
Taylor
Haye
Q. Williams
Elijah*

next year, but we aren’t going to take any DT’s? What FBS program goes into a season with 5 DTs? Come on man, stop lol. We need to take 3, minimum. This was a local guy who had camped, been on campus several times and even privately. We want him, we failed. Aint the first time, wont be the last.
Aight Nobody is gonna Say it So I will
THIS KID IS LAZY *** ****
Run his Spring Film
-Stands Straight up out of his Stance
-Jogging to the ball
The Tape doesn’t LIE
Why else hasn’t Simpson made him a Priority, he’s a throwback Coach that See’s it!
Does he have some potential?
Maybe
But it’s not a HUGE Miss

Looks like they all in on Lucas

Lol, such a smart and logical move.
Aight Nobody is gonna Say it So I will
THIS KID IS LAZY *** ****
Run his Spring Film
-Stands Straight up out of his Stance
-Jogging to the ball
The Tape doesn’t LIE
Why else hasn’t Simpson made him a Priority, he’s a throwback Coach that See’s it!
Does he have some potential?
Maybe
But it’s not a HUGE Miss

Love posts like these.
Newflash big dawg, your opinion is cool but doesn’t really matter at the end of the day because despite all of those things...we still wanted him. So he must’ve been good enough for the powers that be.

“Why else hasn’t Simpson made him a priority”
You talk to Simpson? Manny? Pop? You sit in on staff meetings? How do you know he wasn't a priority? Please share.

Love posts like these.
Newflash big dawg, your opinion is cool but doesn’t really matter at the end of the day because despite all of those things...we still wanted him. So he must’ve been good enough for the powers that be.

You talk to Simpson? Manny? Pop? You sit in on staff meetings? How do you know he wasn't a priority? Please share.

Town I do believe if we wanted him he'd be a Cane right now. JMO...Seems like we are in wait and see mode with him.

Advertisement
Everyone was talking about Lyons and Tarber as an A+ haul and now the apologists are out in force saying neither is even a take and their offers weren’t committable. This is insane spin.

Either we f-ed up the evaluations to begin with or we f-ed up the recruitment. I’m a huge Simpson fan but this is not a good look.. Also, I saw their HUDL highlights and they are Miami kids.

We cannot take zero DTs and a rent-a-DT portal kid is a fail because you’re hoping the right talent comes available without having any control.
And everyone was talking about Spells clearly being part of the top CB group too and losing their minds when he wasn't coming until they realized that Rogers and Graves were certainties and Fegans appears to be next. So everyone decided not to learn a lesson. Very few know anything real on this board, we'll never truly know whats all going on so making a declarations one way or the other aint it

Love posts like these.

Aren't you doing the same thing? Who have you spoken to? We wanted Spells too just not enough to eat up a spot for Graves, Rogers and Fegans.

Aren't you doing the same thing? Who have you spoken to? We wanted Spells too just not enough to eat up a spot for Graves, Rogers and Fegans.

I’m using tea leaves and using common sense after following recruiting for 15 years. I believe that a local kid at a huge position of need that has been to campus a million times and has stated how he has a relationship with our DL coach is a priority/take much more so than believing he isn’t a take when absolutely NOTHING indicates that besides us whiffing, no?

Bad analogy with the CB class. Who are the Graves’, Fegans’, and Rogers’ at DT that we would push Lyons aside for?

Again, if I’m wrong and they didn’t want him, just like they didn’t “want” Durant then I can’t wait to see what we end up with at DT.

Love posts like these.

Lol
You right I haven’t talked to them
But I know that Westley is a priority….
This social media era recruiting is what it is.

As for other schools wanting him, look at his tape and the tape of the dt we bought in last year and tell me what we missed
Ijs

Advertisement
I’m using tea leaves and using common sense after following recruiting for 15 years. I believe that a local kid at a huge position of need that has been to campus a million times and has stated how he has a relationship with our DL coach is a priority/take much more so than believing he isn’t a take when absolutely NOTHING indicates that besides us whiffing, no?

Bad analogy with the CB class. Who are the Graves’, Fegans’, and Rogers’ at DT that we would push Lyons aside for?

Again, if I’m wrong and they didn’t want him, just like they didn’t “want” Durant then I can’t wait to see what we end up with at DT.

What do you think our total scholarship numbers are this year?

And everyone was talking about Spells clearly being part of the top CB group too and losing their minds when he wasn't coming until they realized that Rogers and Graves were certainties and Fegans appears to be next. So everyone decided not to learn a lesson. Very few know anything real on this board, we'll never truly know whats all going on so making a declarations one way or the other aint it
It's the same thing I said earlier that everything and I mean everything is quiet. I'm dead serious besides the visits what has anybody heard ahout Shemar , Henderson Twins, Horton ( who was an obvious future commit while everybody here thought we uad no chance at), Hood, Snoop, Lucas, Kelly, Wilson, Williams and others? It's all insanely quiet so I don't know what the board looks like because other then the obvious in state guys I've barely seen any kids talk about the process or how hard the staff is going

I’m using tea leaves and using common sense after following recruiting for 15 years. I believe that a local kid at a huge position of need that has been to campus a million times and has stated how he has a relationship with our DL coach is a priority/take much more so than believing he isn’t a priority when absolutely NOTHING indicates that besides us whiffing, no?

I didn't say they didn't want him. How about following the tea leaves of this recruiting cycle? Or the insiders who we can trust talking about the staff doesn't want to be Decommit U anymore. Lyons hasn't taken an OV yet. The last Florida kid who didn't take an OV beforehand and committed was Quan Lee. We saw how that turned out. CB is a position of need too and they were fine "whiffing" there with one guy.

The only kid who is currently committed that hadn't taken an OV beforehand was Brown and QBs are gonna be treated way differently because their process is different. I don't know the situation but when/if Lyons commits to FSU I bet we hear him talk about taking visits the same way he heard Durant talk about it.

Lyons doesn't rise to the caliber of recruit where worrying about him flirting is just considered part of the game in my opinion. Specifically if he's just looking to secure a spot in the class. He'll take his OVs in the fall and if Miami wants him he'll lock one in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If we have 20 spots or less, with seven spots taken already, that would mean half of our remaining schollys would have to be on the defensive line.

Having a hard time seeing it.

And what if we don’t have 20 spots or less?

Where did this whole, we are only taking 20 HS kids and fill the rest with portal guys thing begin? Just suggestions from random posters on this site or someone who is actually credible?

Advertisement
Lol
You right I haven’t talked to them
But I know that Westley is a priority….
This social media era recruiting is what it is.

As for other schools wanting him, look at his tape and the tape of the dt we bought in last year and tell me what we missed
Ijs
What are you talking about?

Where did this whole, we are only taking 20 HS kids and fill the rest with portal guys thing begin? Just suggestions from random posters on this site or someone who is actually credible?
Well I think we also used IC on brown justice and maybe rique? For this years class. That would put us at 22 as a base. We clearly like the transfer portal and grab a quality player or two every year. Seems wise to leave at lease one or two s spots open for that. Also cute down on obvious reaches.

but toanswer directly I think it was cooney who said small class under 20

Well I think we also used IC on brown justice and maybe rique? For this years class. That would put us at 22 as a base. We clearly like the transfer portal and grab a quality player or two every year. Seems wise to leave at lease one or two s spots open for that. Also cute down on obvious reaches.

but toanswer directly I think it was cooney who said small class under 20
Not Rique.

Ok, even if wrong, which logic says is not, 21-22 is the max we can have then? The numbers still don’t appear to add up.

Advertisement
Back