UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

With this been a smaller class it looks like the plan is to sign 3 cbs and as of today it seems we have Graves and Rogers pretty much locked up.For the 3rd spot they will go all out for ***an and Little jr 2 kids that can come in and compete to start as true freshmen.Stevenson and Ivey are leaving after this season there's a good chance they bring in another portal cb for 2022 season,a guy like Spells might not be the priority most here think and it may be the reason someone on the american heritage staff recently said miami was playing as in we're not kissing his ***.

Advertisement
With this been a smaller class it looks like the plan is to sign 3 cbs and as of today it seems we have Graves and Rogers pretty much locked up.For the 3rd spot they will go all out for ***an and Little jr 2 kids that can come in and compete to start as true freshmen.Stevenson and Ivey are leaving after this season there's a good chance they bring in another portal cb for 2022 season,a guy like Spells might not be the priority most here think and it may be the reason someone on the american heritage staff recently said miami was playing as in we're not kissing his ***.
I'm not so confident Ivey is leaving but wouldn't be upset by it in the least bit. I agree we need at least 1 kid at corner whose playable day 1 cuz as high as Spells upside is he'll likely need a year to fully learn, adjust to playing P5 level corner.

It is interesting we’re battling WVU for Spells and battling LSU and USC for Graves?

kelvin on the wide right pod was adamant that Spells isn’t as good as we think and that Graves might be the top Corner down here. He’s also high on Devin Moore and Earl Little.

overall, we get Graves and Rogers, I’ll be happy. I want spells too but I won’t fret if he goes elsewhere.

It is interesting we’re battling WVU for Spells and battling LSU and USC for Graves?

kelvin on the wide right pod was adamant that Spells isn’t as good as we think and that Graves might be the top Corner down here. He’s also high on Devin Moore and Earl Little.

overall, we get Graves and Rogers, I’ll be happy. I want spells too but I won’t fret if he goes elsewhere.
I do think graves is really really good and be May be my favorite florida corner prospect but people are sleeping on spells. He’s definitely came with bull**** but he’s a playmaker. Watch the tape and u can see that and that was only year one as a corner. He has the athleticism and decent size. People are trippin man.

Advertisement
A lot of folks on this board seemed sure that Spells was a lot better than Little as a prospect.
I still think Spells has more upside. He is a 10.7 kid with size who will tackle and has ball skills. Those guys tend to do very well if the character checks out.

Little is unlikely to bust but I see limited upside. Nickel-only guy without the speed for the outside.

Spells is also higher on UM’s board.

I still think Spells has more upside. He is a 10.7 kid with size who will tackle and has ball skills. Those guys tend to do very well if the character checks out.

Little is unlikely to bust but I see limited upside. Nickel-only guy without the speed for the outside.

Give me speed all day, especially if he's a willing tackler.

Kind of makes you wonder why Bama and just about every top program is after Little while Spells it's us fighting off Syracuse and WV.Spells is not a secret,every school out there knows who he is and where he plays.

Kind of makes you wonder why Bama and just about every top program is after Little while Spells it's us fighting off Syracuse and WV.Spells is not a secret,every school out there knows who he is and where he plays.
Very good point

Advertisement
Just because he can’t play much this year doesn’t mean he’s not a good take.

I’m not about all the hedging because he’s talking up another school. I still want him at the U and I would be disappointed if he went elsewhere.

He won’t need to play much this year anyway with all the seniority we have, but I want his tools on the field in 2022.

Those things happen sometimes. In 2018, everyone wanted Pope and the mid-tier P5s were fighting over Elijah Moore and Tutu Atwell.

I don’t think Little will bust and he fits a role at Bama. I would just rather swing big for speed and ball skills because we’ve been lacking those attributes.

Those things happen sometimes. In 2018, everyone wanted Pope and the mid-tier P5s were fighting over Elijah Moore and Tutu Atwell.

I don’t think Little will bust and he fits a role at Bama. I would just rather swing big for speed and ball skills because we’ve been lacking those attributes.
Elijah Moore was committed to UGA majority of the cycle. Your point stand with Tutu tho.

Saban wants little cuz he fits his prototype for that STAR position or whatever its called. I think spells is well suited for us & little better suited for them tbh.

Advertisement
Alabama signs plenty of "highly recruited" DB's that don't pan out at least to their recruiting ranking. They may transfer to smaller schools or go UDFA.

They don't hit on all of them. They may like Little like above mentioned for a certain role.

Nigel Knott
Shyiem Carter
Shawn Burgess-Becker
Jared Mayden
Jaelyn Armour-Davis
Savion Smith
Scooby Carter

Yeah he Kevin doesn't sound like a fan.

Go Canes

Advertisement
So over all this WVU BS lol. Get me to August 1st. If he chooses WVU, IU, or Cuse over us it's because his offer wasn't committable.

This would be a little surprising to me, but it's definitely possible and worth considering for a moment. The way I see it, it's very likely the staff is taking at least 3 CBs (maybe 4?). I think it's safe to say Rogers has a committable offer. Assuming 3 CBs, that leaves 2 more open spots.

It's possible the staff has Fegans (probably) and Graves (maybe?) over Spells, too. I keep reading on here that Spells is higher on UM's board than Little, and if that's really true then I wouldn't expect him to have a green light over Spells. Cam Miller is probably further down the board. Trevell Mullen is almost certainly a Plan B/C kid. I can't think of any other uncommitted CBs at that level that we've been seriously linked to, but they could still be trying to reel in some other big fish on the low.

Spells really might just be the 4th man outside looking in at 3 CB spots. Would love to have him in this class, but if Spells ends up elsewhere and we pull Rogers, Fegans, and Graves at CB, that would be an excellent haul. Either way, it already looks and feels like CB recruiting is a night & day difference this year under TRob/DVD than it has been in the last few years. Excited to see how this turns out.

We would have taken Little IN A HEARTBEAT...I like all the CB prospects we are recruiting and think/hope we will do more. But let's stop with this Little nonsense, he would be right there with them all.

Yeah he Kevin doesn't sound like a fan.

Go Canes

I understand he's a former player but this guy defended Enos to the very end, guaranteed we'd beat Clemson by 17, and is already talking reckless about us beating up on Bama. I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.

But his comment about WVU being the main competition is a talking point IMO. I know UGA is poking around but where's the Auburns, South Carolinas, VTs, etc. Maybe Spells isn't interested or they got in too late but still interesting that it appears to be a Miami/WVU battle.

I understand he's a former player but this guy defended Enos to the very end, guaranteed we'd beat Clemson by 17, and is already talking reckless about us beating up on Bama. I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.

But his comment about WVU being the main competition is a talking point IMO. I know UGA is poking around but where's the Auburns, South Carolinas, VTs, etc. Maybe Spells isn't interested or they got in too late but still interesting that it appears to be a Miami/WVU battle.
Good lord yes, KH is bad bad bad on that pod. His perspective is almost always wrong, his comments are cringe, but he’s a former legend so Manny uses him as often as he can. Show is unlistenable.

Advertisement
Back