UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

I went to undergrad in Athens, Ohio, about 45 minutes away from the WV border. What you just described is as good as it gets in Morgantown.
It’s funny. My son’s good friend from Miami is from Fairmont, WVA. His home looks beautiful but in the middle of nowhere. He was always a “unicorn” at Miami- one of the only kids not from the Northeast or Florida. He has two brothers who went to Notre Dame , like his father. His sister stayed home at WVA. He told my son that everyone he went to high school with went to WVA. He could t wait to leave.

Advertisement
Is it a wishy washy recruitment or just a 17 year old kid going through the biggest decision of his life thus far? He owes ya’ll nothing, he can take as much time as he wants. He never came out and straight up said that we or anyone else led, so what’s “wishy washy” about it?

“So many targets on the board of equal or greater talent”. They told you they were signing with us?

Real life weirdos, bro.

My moms side of the family is from Fairmont WV and old Coal mining town. There is absolutely nothing to do there. Now Morgantown is a true college town and Usually top 5 every year when they talk party school.

Advertisement
This WVU situation feels a lot like the Nebraska situation a from a couple of years ago. And we see how that ended, with every South Florida kid they got transferring. Hopefully Spells doesn't fall for the bait.

WVU has been constantly getting kids from SFL for years now though.

Advertisement
i think you're sleeping on him
You think a kid that was strictly a WR last year is going to all of the sudden be technically sound enough to get real burn as a true freshman? Spells is a potential kid. A project. He’s not a Day 1 guy.

WVU has been constantly getting kids from SFL for years now though.

WVU was getting kids because of Damon Cogdell when he was coaching at Miramar. They were a thorn in our side for awhile but that well dried up after Dana Holgersen hired and then fired Cogdell from WVU.

You think a kid that was strictly a WR last year is going to all of the sudden be technically sound enough to get real burn as a true freshman? Spells is a potential kid. A project. He’s not a Day 1 guy.

He played corner last year not strictly wr.

Advertisement
Ha! Athens High School grad here. When were you in Athens?
From 1988 to 1993 (BA and MA). Loved it there. Was always a huge Canes fan and would hang a hurricane warning flag out of my dorm room window on game days. Ended up moving to Miami in 1993 for law school. When did you go to Athens High? Pre-Joe Burrow?

I went to undergrad in Athens, Ohio, about 45 minutes away from the WV border. What you just described is as good as it gets in Morgantown.

One of our law school classmates was from Wheeling, WV, but he got out after HS. Went to UM undergrad and law.

Advertisement
From 1988 to 1993 (BA and MA). Loved it there. Was always a huge Canes fan and would hang a hurricane warning flag out of my dorm room window on game days. Ended up moving to Miami in 1993 for law school. When did you go to Athens High? Pre-Joe Burrow?
I thought I was the only Cane fan in Athens. You were there when I was. If you ever shopped at the Kroger, I was yhe only black guy working there.

I thought I was the only Cane fan in Athens. You were there when I was. If you ever shopped at the Kroger, I was yhe only black guy working there.
Dude - i always wore canes stuff and there was a black guy I used to say whats up to (bald and about 250) that always used to say - that’s my team. But he was a UM student I think. DM me, because a bunch of my guys went to Athens High (in the late 80s/early 90s).

Advertisement
Back