UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

Advertisement
Advertisement
Update on Spells and West Virginia:

There was alot of chatter on their 247 site that Spells had silently committed to Neal Brown while on his trip. Their lead reporter was adamant that he was told they got 3 definite commits over the weekend , with the possibility there would be two additional in the next couple of days. Then Spells' interview came out and it was unclear if it was true. This morning, their 247 reporter wrote the following:

"I was told that one of the players who I heard committed would still be taking official visits elsewhere. That always makes you wonder, although we've seen it before. It's possible that someone close to him just wants him to be certain since this was his first trip. We can reassess in 24 hours."

So now the talk again is the silent is Spells. True or not, it's been looking like Manny will have to recruit him hard until the end, especially with his interest in UGA and his plan to visit there...

Advertisement
WTF is attractive to WVU? I mean seriously? There's nothing. UGA I least understand. WVU makes no sense. Think bissainthe OV'ed there too. Idk why these kids are attracted to that program.

WTF is attractive to WVU? I mean seriously? There's nothing. UGA I least understand. WVU makes no sense. Think bissainthe OV'ed there too. Idk why these kids are attracted to that program.
Ask Harley what he was thinking when he was committed to West Va for all that time. He will probably say he has no idea what he was thinking.

Advertisement
I can’t imagine his intrigue in WV is because of anything other than Daryl Porter. Cant think of a single DB to come out of there.

Also more of a general statement but I love how a kid will spend 2 days somewhere while getting treated like a king and say “I didn’t think about leaving home”, like that’s how it’s gonna be for 4 years.

He's not worth all this honestly. So many targets on the board of equal or greater talent and potential... I wouldn't wanna deal with a wishy washy recruitment

Is it a wishy washy recruitment or just a 17 year old kid going through the biggest decision of his life thus far? He owes ya’ll nothing, he can take as much time as he wants. He never came out and straight up said that we or anyone else led, so what’s “wishy washy” about it?

“So many targets on the board of equal or greater talent”. They told you they were signing with us?

Advertisement
Is it a wishy washy recruitment or just a 17 year old kid going through the biggest decision of his life thus far? He owes ya’ll nothing, he can take as much time as he wants. He never came out and straight up said that we or anyone else led, so what’s “wishy washy” about it?

“So many targets on the board of equal or greater talent”. They told you they were signing with us?
Maybe the kid has bad grades. That’s only reason anybody went to WV in the past.

You're probably right. I mean, I want all our top targets to commit and shut down yesterday, but honestly, he hasn't even taken his OV to UM yet. Let's cool out and accept the process.

I think he and the family genuinely enjoyed the difference between what they saw in Morgantown and Florida. It was beautiful weather there this weekend. Neal Brown has all the families at his home for dinner on Saturday . He lives on a lake and has boats etc on his private dock. Friday night they did some kind of dinner in their stadium. Looked pretty relaxed and casual. Remember, these kids haven't seen anything outside of Dade/Broward for the most part their entire lives. Lots of talk on their 247 board about Travis Trickett and his recruiting ability.

Indiana and WVA are mentioned alot this cycle by recruits

First visit high
I think he and the family genuinely enjoyed the difference between what they saw in Morgantown and Florida. It was beautiful weather there this weekend. Neal Brown has all the families at his home for dinner on Saturday . He lives on a lake and has boats etc on his private dock. Friday night they did some kind of dinner in their stadium. Looked pretty relaxed and casual. Remember, these kids haven't seen anything outside of Dade/Broward for the most part their entire lives. Lots of talk on their 247 board about Travis Trickett and his recruiting ability.

Indiana and WVA are mentioned alot this cycle by recruits
I went to undergrad in Athens, Ohio, about 45 minutes away from the WV border. What you just described is as good as it gets in Morgantown.

Advertisement
Back