UM hiring Jesse Stone from UGA

Advertisement
With him and the previous hires made over the past month or so that makes 9 QC/analysts, assuming nobody has been let go. (Same amount officially listed by Alabama btw)

Advertisement
While we will never financially compete with certain schools, working with an arm tied behind our back was plain negligence. Glad the admin finally woke up. I pray Manny delivers us W's because just like it was with Alfraud and then with Pastor, we are making progress, but just need to avoid then taking a step back.

Advertisement
Somewhere along the line, they're going to need somebody to manage these offers...

A former DC in Todd Stroud, Dallas Crawford (probably to give Cooney some assistance), David Parker from Minnesota (probably to help with crooting OL up north), and now Jesse Stone?

That’s huge...especially since Carson is probably our most important recruit right now.
Was just trying to think of all the Hires.

Advertisement
Man, Diaz isn't playing around.

Giving Blake James the old "I want the job, but I'm leaving for Temple tomorrow so it's now or never" pitch and now following it up by drastically improving our coaching staff (which clearly doesn't come cheap).

He must have been miserable under Richt cos he's clearly had a plan of what he'd do when he was HC for a while!!

Advertisement
I know it's just some impressive support staff hires but it follows a bigger recent trendline so:

All the credit in the world to Manny for not sitting back and taking whatever Blake or the school says he can have but obviously saying what he NEEDS in relation to staff hires and staff $$$.

Credit to Rick for leaving all that money on the table and eliminating any fake excuses the school might have for budgetary restraints.

Credit to Adidas and the soon to be ACC Network for generating cash flow that have and will prevent these old excuses.

Credit to those at the school that actually have changed their minds about the cost/benefit of spending/fundraising to keep up with the big boys.

Look, we're never gonna be like Texas A&M or Michigan and make insane $$$ moves with staff and such but we certainly can keep up with almost everything else and so far it seems like we've at least been trying to.

Advertisement
Back