UM hiring Jesse Stone from UGA

Some of y’all should think before posting. Just go look at his resume, he’s more than qualified for a Quality control position.

Not disagreeing with this at all. Absolutely qualified to be QC, but by no means should anyone be saying this is a home run based off of his CV. Again, you have no idea what his coaching style is or what his true day-to-day interactions have been with actual players. Honestly, I'm shocked this is somehow controversial.

He might be a great hire, just like the Stubb hire might be, but the declarative statements are way over the top.

Advertisement
Haha, Bruce took the press release. I've actually dealt with Bruce before, and love his work, but he's not infallible. I've sent and he's used releases that I've known were just high comedy. You're naive. Bruce has no idea who Stone is.
Infallible? The New York Times is hot garbage. No one here is claiming anything about him being infallible. You’re moving the goalposts. Prove he’s wrong if you want. You obviously have an issue with him. That’s your business. But no need to whine about posters who received information here the same way we receive it for most recruiting and football topics. If it’s wrong, oh well. Not a big deal to anyone other than you. I’m happy we’re bringing in staff support.

Not disagreeing with this at all. Absolutely qualified to be QC, but by no means should anyone be saying this is a home run based off of his CV. Again, you have no idea what his coaching style is or what his true day-to-day interactions have been with actual players. Honestly, I'm shocked this is somehow controversial.

He might be a great hire, just like the Stubb hire might be, but the declarative statements are way over the top.
What’s over the top is you trying to police people’s posting styles. It’s perfectly fine for people to be excited about this news, even without advance written permission from you.

Advertisement
Infallible? The New York Times is hot garbage. No one here is claiming anything about him being infallible. You’re moving the goalposts. Prove he’s wrong if you want. You obviously have an issue with him. That’s your business. But no need to whine about posters who received information here the same way we receive it for most recruiting and football topics. If it’s wrong, oh well. Not a big deal to anyone other than you. I’m happy we’re bringing in staff support.

The NY Times is hot garbage?...and at this point is where a bid you adieu. I have no idea what you're taking about, but the ignorance is priceless. Best of luck yo you & at this point I bow out. No time to go back & forth when you're this ignorant.

Hey @thinkkaz

“ Jesse Stone, a native of Little Rock, Ark.., joined the Bulldogs as a graduate assistant for offense in January 2016. Since his arrival to Athens, Stone has helped specifically with the quarterback corps highlighted by Jacob Eason, Jake Fromm, Justin Fields, Greyson Lambert and Brice Ramsey. “

Independent of what this guy actually brings to the table, an expansion of support staff is so necessary to compete in today's CFB landscape (where Saban lobbies Emmert to change as many rules as possible that will benefit those with the most money). Very welcome sight

Very true except I would change the word “lobbies” and put in “commands”

Hey @thinkkaz

“ Jesse Stone, a native of Little Rock, Ark.., joined the Bulldogs as a graduate assistant for offense in January 2016. Since his arrival to Athens, Stone has helped specifically with the quarterback corps highlighted by Jacob Eason, Jake Fromm, Justin Fields, Greyson Lambert and Brice Ramsey. “

Imagine taking a press release for a GA as the end all be all. Congrats?

Advertisement
Imagine taking a press release for a GA as the end all be all. Congrats?
Oh...so the official UGA site doesn’t make it themselves. He makes its himself...interesting. That’s absolutely incorrect but interesting.

Oh...so the official UGA site doesn’t make it themselves. He makes its himself...interesting. That’s absolutely incorrect but interesting.

Holy crap, you truly have no idea what happens do you? You somehow think the UGA site isn't a PR site. Truly, I bow out on you now as well, because you have no clue. You don't realize the PR team writes the website content. Congrats, you're a TrumTh$Mo*$n.

Holy crap, you truly have no idea what happens do you? You somehow think the UGA site isn't a PR site. Truly, I bow out on you now as well, because you have no clue. You don't realize the PR team writes the website content. Congrats, you're a T*pT@@Mon.

You’re the only guy that thinks it isn’t true as if you know how these jobs work. My brother is a quality control assistant for baseball for a university. I know how those jobs work. You don’t so shut up and learn a thing or 2.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The NY Times is hot garbage?...and at this point is where a bid you adieu. I have no idea what you're taking about, but the ignorance is priceless. Best of luck yo you & at this point I bow out. No time to go back & forth when you're this ignorant.
Now I understand your reactionary arrogance and irrational condescension. You’re a delusional sheeple leftist. Makes perfect sense. Carry on.

Advertisement
You’re the only guy that thinks it isn’t true as if you know how these jobs work. My brother is a quality control assistant for baseball for a university. I know how those jobs work. You don’t so shut up and learn a thing or 2.

Haha, kid, if you don't realize PR/SID office writes the bios, well, we all know. Best of luck. Officially done with you. Watching you grasp is like Tr@#pThMo*n

I posted on here that Miami had to play with the big boys they needed to spend and staff like they do.
Just look at the playoff teams the last few years and their staffs. I asked if Miami can’t match the size and budget then we won’t get there. It looks like they noticed.

Advertisement
Back