UM first ACC tournament game is Thursday at Noon

Each game has a different cause though.

FSU: Again, a 25 point lead at halftime is NOT safe. FSU cut that to 15 or less in like 4mins. We simply stopped playing because we thought we had it under wraps and we went cold + had awful turnovers. Lost on a buzzer beater.

Pitt: Controlled the game from halfway through the first half to the final 2mins. We turned the ball over and Pitt made a couple of clutch 3s and they ended the game 8-0 and we choked.

Wake: Up 18, down to 9, stretch to 15, followed by back to back 3s to cut it to 9 again. The end of game? We were up 7 with less than 30s left. What happened? Appleby makes a circus 3 to cut it 4 with 22s left. We miss FTs. They hit another 3 with 3s left. We miss FTs. That’s it. There was no turnover or anything… That’s simply just poor FT shooting and shots made by Wake, one prayer included. If Appleby doesn’t hit that 3 we honestly might win by double digits given less stress on FTs
Very true. I agree its not one specific thing in the last 3...I was unfortunately there live for the fsu meltdown and not having pack hurt but again all 3 of those games have the same theme. Unable to comfortably close out games. Hopefully they snap out of it at the right time down the stretch. For my own health I hope they do. Tired of having mini heart attacks the final 3 or 4 mins of every game lol. I'm too old for it

Advertisement
The only way we lose is if we shoot ourselves in the foot. Did that against Duke, NC State, Pitt, Ga Tech, and FSU late in games. The only team we beat the **** out of us was Maryland and they couldn't miss.
Wouldn't mind seeing them again in the tourney if they make it. Such a weird game. Literally the only game that we didn't have a chance to win the entire season

Advertisement
It's been a blessing and a curse that we are almost always winning, often by large margins, in the last 8-10 minutes of games. The only real exception was the NC State game in early December (which we stormed back and won), but I'd almost rather have to play a competitive game throughout then have to hold onto a lead late.

Advertisement
Bro it's been 3 games in a row blowing big leads. Everyone is thrilled with the season Miami is having. I love this team but the lack of ability to close out games is concerning

It's concerning. But it is not necessarily predictive. I'm not making excuses, just pointing out that it's possible to learn lessons and produce better results later.

Late in the season, we played 6 rough games out of 8, losing 3, winning 3 by a single possession.

Best season ever.

1678395323220.png

Very convincing argument. I especially like all of the evidence you provided. Hard to argue with so many facts.
LoL, Wong scored 4 out of our last 5 points. WF made 3 out of 4 contested 3s under a minute to go and we missed 3 fouls in a row. Omier is a 71% shooter at least he made his first. Miller at 80% and Poplar at 89% both missed.

Advertisement
This. I mean it’s easy to sit on the couch eating Doritos and complain… but when the refs are calling a blatantly ridiculous game AND the other team is hitting circus shots AND your team’s most important player has 4 fouls (with another fouled out) - getting out with a win is not a disaster.

Pretty much agree.

Coach L needs to call more inside stuff early in the second half. There's no reason we should still be shooting 1-and-1s in the final minute of the game, particularly against a depeted roster that has to keep starters in with 4 fouls.

Advertisement
Their size could def be problematic. Didn't seem to effect Miami in the last game against them as miami actually out rebounded them and blew them out but Duke def looks like a different team
duke has been on a run since that game. hopefully, we send them back to earth.

Pretty much agree.

Coach L needs to call more inside stuff early in the second half. There's no reason we ...
Too many people criticizing (or suggesting) what Coach L should do or be doing. Im told he belongs on all 4 faces of Mt. Rushmore, so obviously he knows more than you (or me) about successful basketball.

Advertisement
Back