UM first ACC tournament game is Thursday at Noon

Advertisement
Miami has struggled with 2nd half leads most of the season. It did come back to bite them in the Free Shoes game.

I know survive and advance is a popular moniker in postseason bball, but that is not typical of teams that make deep runs(specifically speaking on tight margins). They win with margins, and not in a white knuckle fistfight the last few minutes of the games.
Fact.

If anyone watched the post game conference with L, Wong and Omier, I was very thankful for the last question, of which it seems most reporters have artfully dodged.

L was asked if he was concerned that in so many games that UM had “under control” that the leads were given up to lead to a nail biter result.

Coach smiled and looked briefly lost and he searched for the words, and went directly to the “I love these guys” and “we have come back from big deficits too”, etc etc.

I’m not sure what exactly I wanted to hear from him (just was so happy the question was even asked)…but identifying it and saying we are working on closing out games with leads would have sufficed.

In this game you will win in all sorts of ways, and lose in all sorts of ways, but this is a pattern right now that we ignore at our own peril. I believed FSU was that peril, but then with Pitt and now Wake, I know it wasn’t.

Some of you soft ***** come on here talking mad **** about people overreacting. Well you tools were probably the same people who brushed off the FSU chokejob like it was nothing saying this needed to happen to this team.

Advertisement
Fact.

If anyone watched the post game conference with L, Wong and Omier, I was very thankful for the last question, of which it seems most reporters have artfully dodged.

L was asked if he was concerned that in so many games that UM had “under control” that the leads were given up to lead to a nail biter result.

Coach smiled and looked briefly lost and he searched for the words, and went directly to the “I love these guys” and “we have come back from big deficits too”, etc etc.

I’m not sure what exactly I wanted to hear from him (just was so happy the question was even asked)…but identifying it and saying we are working on closing out games with leads would have sufficed.

In this game you will win in all sorts of ways, and lose in all sorts of ways, but this is a pattern right now that we ignore at our own peril. I believed FSU was that peril, but then with Pitt and now Wake, I know it wasn’t.
We will be back in the Gables from the ACC and NCAA’s if this continues. I don’t understand it.

People saying Coach L should do this Coach L should do that should maybe stay quiet. He's won over 700 games in his career I think he knows what he is doing.
lol

College Basketball What GIF by NCAA March Madness

The difference IMO was our poor FT shooting, shot 54%, Jordan Norchad and Wooga all missed late FTs that would have helped seal it. We've been great on the line all year, hoping it was just first round jitters.

Advertisement
The announcers are funny. When Wake struggled in the second half, it was cause they were fatigue from playing 24 hours ago. When Miami struggled a little in the first half, they didn’t have their sea legs yet. So which is it?

With that said, Duke was lights out. A lot of times that does take a turn in one-day turnaround games. Hope that’s the case tomorrow.

Hard to believe that with our shooters and experience free throws have been such a problem late in games.
Miller and Wooga need to make 100 tonight. Plenty of gyms in Greensboro.

On a separate note, we were not in the double bonus with seconds left in the game? Interesting.

Not a great game but a win is a win. And w win today means nothingness for tomorrow EXCEPT that we are playing tomorrow which is the most important thing. Each game is different and duke can’t take any points from today’s blowout into tomorrow.

Advertisement
Hard to believe that with our shooters and experience free throws have been such a problem late in games.
Miller and Wooga need to make 100 tonight. Plenty of gyms in Greensboro.

On a separate note, we were not in the double bonus with seconds left in the game? Interesting.

Not a great game but a win is a win. And w win today means nothingness for tomorrow EXCEPT that we are playing tomorrow which is the most important thing. Each game is different and duke can’t take any points from today’s blowout into tomorrow.
Full disclosure- we were multiple Jager shots and about 16 beers into Thursday but my group watching the game swore we were in the double bonus as well.

I'd be more comfortable admitting we were wrong if a bigger deal had been made about the Pitt 2 that was nonchalantly left as a 3 last week.

We’re exactly where we all hoped to be when the season began, in the ACC Tourney semis as a number 1 seed with a chance to knock out hated rival Duke in a prime time matchup.

I’ll take it and not worry about anything else.

Advertisement
Fact.

How do you work on closing out games?

The difference IMO was our poor FT shooting, shot 54%, Jordan Norchad and Wooga all missed late FTs that would have helped seal it. We've been great on the line all year, hoping it was just first round jitters.
Omeir at least hit 1. the other dudes missed the front end of 1 and 1s. thats 5 points we left on the board w missed FTs. it turns. 2 point win into a comfortable 7 point margin

Advertisement
Back