UM first ACC tournament game is Thursday at Noon

How do you work on closing out games?
How do you work on 2 minute drills in football? Either way, it isn't real in practice.....you create a fictional similar situation like trying to get used to crowd noise.

Create the situation and work on ball movement and bleeding clock. If anything, it brings the issue home to your players.

I'm no coach for sure, but just saying...hey, that's basketball...**** happens (over and over and over)...I guess I'm saying I would want to shine a light on the issue versus justifying it or rationalizing it.

Can't say that Coach L isn't doing behind closed doors, he might be and maybe he just isn't getting the results he wants yet.

Advertisement
I don't think the execution on the floor has much to do with Coach L. After all he has won over 700 games and he can still coach. The inability to protect a lead is mind boggling. I've seen probably 90% of the games this year and my opinion this is a very stupid team with poor basketball awareness. Starts with Wong taking a moronic shot with UM having a big lead today and there was still over 20 seconds left on the clock. Not only did he miss the shot but that's exactly when Wake started their comeback. They are going to have to play their very best to beat Duke.

I don't think the execution on the floor has much to do with Coach L. After all he has won over 700 games and he can still coach. The inability to protect a lead is mind boggling. I've seen probably 90% of the games this year and my opinion this is a very stupid team with poor basketball awareness. Starts with Wong taking a moronic shot with UM having a big lead today and there was still over 20 seconds left on the clock. Not only did he miss the shot but that's exactly when Wake started their comeback. They are going to have to play their very best to beat DuDuke.
Coach L is a good coach and his teams play smart unselfish basketball as a general rule. But Wong shouldn't be the primary ball handler late in games. Win by the Wong, die by the Wong. Having him be your best player and Pack fouling out created a problem at the end.

Don't forget, 2 Wongs don't make it right.

Tomorrow is the championship folks. Duke is the real deal. Yes, we beat them BADDDD, BUT... it was in front of our raucous home crowd and Duke was 2 days off a big rivalry win vs UNC. Tomorrow will be a big deal.

Advertisement
We’re exactly where we all hoped to be when the season began, in the ACC Tourney semis as a number 1 seed with a chance to knock out hated rival Duke in a prime time matchup.

I’ll take it and not worry about anything else.
I can just picture Duke fans hysterically laughing at the thought of us being their "rivals"

I’m actually happy duke shot 62 from the field & 42 from 3. Not saying we’ll win but 2 games in a row with those numbers are unlikely. The BB gods don’t usually allow it.
That's when games are spaced out. When they're back to back anything goes, they're probably more likely to stay hot

Advertisement
,,, this is a very stupid team with poor basketball awareness...
sad...we got huge NIL and the best **** Coach ever, and we are stuck with guys who largely seem to belong on Mt. SlurpLess? And all along I thought they were a pretty good talented team bunch that just needed some adequate guidance.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the championship folks. Duke is the real deal. Yes, we beat them BADDDD, BUT... it was in front of our raucous home crowd and Duke was 2 days off a big rivalry win vs UNC. Tomorrow will be a big deal.

Yes. Throw that game out the window. Means nothing. Will be a dogfight tomorrow.

Advertisement
I can just picture Duke fans hysterically laughing at the thought of us being their "rivals"

Can you blame ‘em? That’s like UNC saying they’re our rival in football. Even though they’ve had our number …. There just isn’t a comparison.

Just need to keep having good seasons and get to a final four or two eventually to be taken seriously.

I don't think the execution on the floor has much to do with Coach L. After all he has won over 700 games and he can still coach. The inability to protect a lead is mind boggling. I've seen probably 90% of the games this year and my opinion this is a very stupid team with poor basketball awareness. Starts with Wong taking a moronic shot with UM having a big lead today and there was still over 20 seconds left on the clock. Not only did he miss the shot but that's exactly when Wake started their comeback. They are going to have to play their very best to beat Duke.
Wong does that often...

Wong does that often...
I agree. Seems like someone should take notice and place appropriate benchers out there at those critical times?
(Plus-minus whatever, I think Beverly has proven he would be a good choice to close out games when Isaiah is Wrongwonging.)

Advertisement
Need to get Lively in early foul trouble. He’s playing much better the second half of the year and blocks/changes shots and alters the game planif he can play major minutes. We tend to be much more focused and engaged from the tip when a big name is on the other side. Hopefully that Carries over to tomorrow.

THIS DUKE VS MIAMI GAME IS GOING TO BE ALL OUT WAR. Now they know they must go through Miami but that chip on their shoulder won’t matter revenge is silly when Tournaments are up for grabs Watch Pack have a gigantic game after being a little quiet today.😮🤒

Advertisement
Back