UM’s offense has entered the 21st century

I knew what was coming 80% of the time last year. You think ******* Bud Foster didn’t???

@Liberty City El is right. There’s literally nowhere to go but up. What we watched last year is almost impossible given the athletes and athletic advantage the University of Miami has. You guys can cry about the offensive line all you want. It wasn’t good last year, but it wasn’t nearly the reason this was the 97th best offense in the country. Mark Richt, Jon Richt, and the QBs they coached were.
Absolutely... I just replayed the Wisconsin Bowl game last week and I was embarrassed and pained to see an offense that was totally pathetic... it looked like a Div 2 school at best. Be it for a lack of preparation, playbook, motivation, coaching, conditioning, QB or a combination of all... yes we can only go up from what we saw last year.

Advertisement
We would not have this IPF (and likely never would have one) if not for Richt. Based on that alone he'll always be OK in my book.
This.

He improved the infastructure of the program.

He improved recruiting. Shannon recruited 41 four and five star players during his four year tenure. Golden brought in 39 during his time. Richt signed 35 in just 3 years.

He got the IPF.

He declined a buyout and left millions on the table, millions that UM was able to invest back into the program. Very few other coaches would have done so.

This is all great talk about us having a modern offdnse.but it's just that right now.come sat we will see if the talk backs up the play.for 18 years we've been hearing the talk and play on the field didn't match it.b.s. I'm tired of it this team needs to just get it done.that's what we all want we want to see it on the field not in the papers or on social media.another thing how long has been since we kicked some gaytor a$$.well fellas that's just been too long .

The offense won’t be firing on all
Cylinders in their first game so I’m not sure what you are expecting. The positive here is that we actually have a true collegiate OC with the talent to worn with. Our offense should improve each week.

This is why you can’t just be mindless sheep and say “the coaches see and know more than you”. They are men just like all of us. They put on pants one leg at a time and fck up just like us common fans do. Always trust what your eyes tell you.

Not to mention coaches have huge egos and can be ridiculously stubborn.

The offense won’t be firing on all
Cylinders in their first game so I’m not sure what you are expecting. The positive here is that we actually have a true collegiate OC with the talent to worn with. Our offense should improve each week.
You don't recall last season leading up to Lsu how the talk was about what we were going to do then pffft.I don't expect it to hit on all cylinders out the gate.just don't want to see another egg being layed on the field.

Advertisement
We had literally one of the worst offenses in the modern era of school history last year.

It would be statistically impossible to be as bad this year, just based off scheme alone.

And the fact that we're starting a QB that has no film on him with new & improved personnel should actually give our Offense an advantage vs UF in the first half, they simply haven't seen anything that this offense has done, there's no film of them. They could study old Arkansas tape, but that wouldn't help them one bit because Enos isn't going to run the same plays he did at Ark, he's already said his offense is built around his player's strength & predicated on personnel more than anything.

Which is precisely why he needs to come out the gate from the coin flip immediately attacking UF, throw the fckin kitchen sink at that Defense & keep them guessing all game long.

I'd even encourage Jarren to switch up the snap count & use a hard count to draw them offsides & get them jump to early on. They don't even know his cadence, why snap it when they expect, make them guess everything & they'll make the mistake of simply trying to bum rush the line & load the box, then you attack them over the top & exploit those Safeties tryin to creep up on the line.

We have a real shot to carve these mf'ers up with tons of misdirection, motion, no huddle tempo. We don't run a Spread, but we also don't run a strictly Pro style either, Spread-Coast is the best of both worlds, we ought to utilize every **** play in the playbook & more on them, we're the underdogs, we have nothing to lose.

Great post.

This game (for our O) reminds me of FSU opener in 09. Not personnel wise but to your point, there’s no tape on it and it’s going from amateur (Nix and Richt), to professional (Enos and Whipple to an extent). Looking for sustained success and improvement.

To think that once upon a time there was a large contingent of morons on this site coming out da woodwerks with pitchforks in their hands saying those of us who called for an OC were crazy, or bad fans, or "not true Canes" or whatever other bull$hit cliche's the Don Bailey Jr disciples of the world come up with.

People don't realize just how INEPT the version of Richt we got was. This offense will improve if nothing else by accident, even if Enos isn't great, simply because of how high school-ish it was last year.

Advertisement
We had literally one of the worst offenses in the modern era of school history last year.

It would be statistically impossible to be as bad this year, just based off scheme alone.

And the fact that we're starting a QB that has no film on him with new & improved personnel should actually give our Offense an advantage vs UF in the first half, they simply haven't seen anything that this offense has done, there's no film of them. They could study old Arkansas tape, but that wouldn't help them one bit because Enos isn't going to run the same plays he did at Ark, he's already said his offense is built around his player's strength & predicated on personnel more than anything.

Which is precisely why he needs to come out the gate from the coin flip immediately attacking UF, throw the fckin kitchen sink at that Defense & keep them guessing all game long.

I'd even encourage Jarren to switch up the snap count & use a hard count to draw them offsides & get them jump to early on. They don't even know his cadence, why snap it when they expect, make them guess everything & they'll make the mistake of simply trying to bum rush the line & load the box, then you attack them over the top & exploit those Safeties tryin to creep up on the line.

We have a real shot to carve these mf'ers up with tons of misdirection, motion, no huddle tempo. We don't run a Spread, but we also don't run a strictly Pro style either, Spread-Coast is the best of both worlds, we ought to utilize every **** play in the playbook & more on them, we're the underdogs, we have nothing to lose.

LCE man you never disappoint me! You hit the nail on the head. Throw the entire kitchen sink at them.

I have a feeling Manny is thr type of coach that will keep his foot on your neck if hes got you! No conservative bull****

Going to be a challenge for the crocs to prepare with absolutely no relevant film. To Anyone that the played the game is that difficult for a defense ?
yes! a defense operates off of reading keys pre-snap...if they are unsure of what is in front of them, and then have to somewhat guess at the snap of the ball, it makes them play half a step slower. If we can just execute properly with limiting motion penalties, we should score enough to win

Advertisement
What a title by Barry. Throwing mad shade at Richt lol. Awesome article and it’s got me jacked.

Preach homeboy preach!!

Go Canes!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Us being in the college football playoff rankings under Richt shows just how unbelievably talented we actually are. We had a horrible QB with the worse OC in the nation & at one point were 10-0 & ranked #2 in the nation. Let that sink in.

At least Pat Nix can make the relative excuse that he had a punter in the 2 deep at WR. When you take into account the relative talent both men had.....Nix was a better coordinator.

Let THAT sink in.

Advertisement
Back