UM’s offense has entered the 21st century

Advertisement
If the offense can come out and be competent in game 1 and the defense is who we think they are then we will be in it til the end.

The thing that gives me the most confidence going into this Saturday is that I personally believe that both Scaife and Donaldson are good players. Both were good on an otherwise weak OL last year. Both players are proven and if they are starting at the two guard spots then we already have a pretty solid interior line.

If Gaynor is competent enough to not be a liability then I don't see Florida's interior line being as good as ours. I know they return their center, but I have a hard time imagining their guards will step up and be as good as two proven good players in Donaldson and Scaife. You combine that with the fact that Florida is looking a little weak up the middle in their defense and the fact that our front 7 really is one of the best in the nation and that's a very solid pair of advantages to have going into a game, especially a first game of the year where you generally aren't getting as cute.

If our interior line is solid and they can open up lanes and give us a more consistent ground attack against Florida, then that combined with what is expected of our defense gives us plenty of reason to believe we will win without coming off as some sort of homer. I would enjoy nothing more than seeing our defense giving them all they can like the 2017 VT/ND games and our offense being able to pound the ball away without being slowed down. That's how you demoralize a team and pull away more and more the deeper it goes on. If we are beating up their offense and wearing their defense down then we will be way more than okay.

How embarrassing for Barry Jackson that he is afraid to ask solid questions when the coaches are actually here.

I didn’t see him saying anything or writing anything about the “dark ages” last year.

This issue has been going on since at least Golden or before. I’ll never forget Mammary Navarro mocking canes fans who dared question Doritos defense. These guys don’t ask good football questions. They just play along like meek sheep.

But hey at least they’ll bust us on NCAA secondary violations.
Barry Jackson is the biggest hack in a town full of hacks

Advertisement
I’ve said this game is on Enos. He knows our roster and what it can do. He’s gotta put us in the best looks and plays that will maximize our strengths. The D does what it does and Enos does that and we GOOD GOOD.

How embarrassing for Barry Jackson that he is afraid to ask solid questions when the coaches are actually here.

I didn’t see him saying anything or writing anything about the “dark ages” last year.

This issue has been going on since at least Golden or before. I’ll never forget Mammary Navarro mocking canes fans who dared question Doritos defense. These guys don’t ask good football questions. They just play along like meek sheep.

Good thing he wrote this article after all of us fans figured out the offensive scheme was garbage 2 years ago.

Going to be a challenge for the crocs to prepare with absolutely no relevant film. To Anyone that the played the game is that difficult for a defense ?

Advertisement
I knew what was coming 80% of the time last year. You think ******* Bud Foster didn’t???

@Liberty City El is right. There’s literally nowhere to go but up. What we watched last year is almost impossible given the athletes and athletic advantage the University of Miami has. You guys can cry about the offensive line all you want. It wasn’t good last year, but it wasn’t nearly the reason this was the 97th best offense in the country. Mark Richt, Jon Richt, and the QBs they coached were.

How embarrassing for Richt that an article like this is written. He was a walking zombie last year on the sidelines.

I don't think he checked out, I think (right or wrong) he had no confidence in the players (or someone on staff) to run a more complex attack program.

His stubborness to at least try once the wheels had come off the wagon was infuriating and perplexing--diminished his overall legacy.

Advertisement

I mentioned this exactly in another thread where I called out Barry. I went back and forth with him on Twitter last year telling him to step up and ask the hard questions. He said it wasn’t his place.

I knew what was coming 80% of the time last year. You think ******* Bud Foster didn’t???

@Liberty City El is right. There’s literally nowhere to go but up. What we watched last year is almost impossible given the athletes and athletic advantage the University of Miami has. You guys can cry about the offensive line all you want. It wasn’t good last year, but it wasn’t nearly the reason this was the 97th best offense in the country. Mark Richt, Jon Richt, and the QBs they coached were.
Have to agree to disagree about last statement . I think it had a lot more to do with the inept coaching of the Qbs than the QBs they coached . Just my humble opinion.

Advertisement
“The goal,” receiver Mike Harley Jr. said, is simple: “Keep you off balance, keep you on your toes. You study one thing and we come at you next week with something different. It’s next level.”

:u5pyxda:
This is what Manny means when he speaks of an offense that “matches the defense.”

1566175286721.gif

1566175366232.gif

?!?!?!?!?

This is all great talk about us having a modern offdnse.but it's just that right now.come sat we will see if the talk backs up the play.for 18 years we've been hearing the talk and play on the field didn't match it.b.s. I'm tired of it this team needs to just get it done.that's what we all want we want to see it on the field not in the papers or on social media.another thing how long has been since we kicked some gaytor a$$.well fellas that's just been too long .

Advertisement
Back