Off-Topic Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So to make sure, should we reinstitute all practices from the mid 1800s or just this one to justify Russia's actions? I'd pay a nickel to hear your thoughts if the US was the country doing this, but I could probably get 98% of the way there for free.

The US has done it more than any country in the past century.
Invaded Panama, Granada, Iraq, Haiti, Dominican Republic twice, Afganistán, Vietnam.

Advertisement
That's what I thought. Nord Stream will not really mean much in terms of sanctioning
Thats false. Nord Stream in its execution would have ruined the entire Ukrainian economy whilst being an insane business for Russia whose economy has collapsed for several years now.

ok, but Nord Steam is a natural gas pipeline. Russia continues to export oil to Germany and most of Europe and US. Sanctioning the oil exports will have the greatest impact. This is largely symbolic..
Sanctioning oil exports would collapse the entire energy market for oil and put the EU in serious jeopardy within an instant.

Advertisement
when you change getting permission from existing governments(Vietnam) and going to put a halt to terrorist and obvious human rights violations like *** trafficking and drug trafficking into us “invading” then you’re revising what actually happened with falsehoods to fit your false narrative. Hence you being a revisionist.
I mean he supports Russia here, if we ignore his other nonsense, its just blatantly stupid.

@Liberty City El I continue to be awed by your knowledge, so I ask two questions:

When did Kiev become Kyiv, and when did THE Ukraine drop the THE?
Russian language vs Ukrainian language

If you want a further explanation on language in Ukraine, I can write it up later.

It's fairly complicated, but something worth understanding in this situation.

Advertisement
I don't know whether you are naïve, ignorant, and/or live in a cocoon. People are being killed by a dictator/tyrant and are dying, yet you state "... NATO shouldn't have expanded so close to Russia's border." WOW!!! When has any NATO-member nation attacked any other nation? The real and true answer is NEVER!
You do realize that the United States is a founding member of NATO.

Sanctioning oil exports would collapse the entire energy market for oil and put the EU in serious jeopardy within an instant.
And would bring Russia to its knees. Why EU put itself in that situation is a whole other thread. US can help offset natural gas and oil supplies to EU but unfortunately we've gone from a net exporter to net importer of oil. There is no reason for US to be importing oil from Russia but here we are.

Thats false. Nord Stream in its execution would have ruined the entire Ukrainian economy whilst being an insane business for Russia whose economy has collapsed for several years now.
We were discussing the here and now. NS2 wasn’t gonna start running until at least July, and more likely closer to September/October.

Advertisement
And would bring Russia to its knees. Why EU put itself in that situation is a whole other thread. US can help offset natural gas and oil supplies to EU but unfortunately we've gone from a net exporter to net importer of oil. There is no reason for US to be importing oil from Russia but here we are.
And everyone else included. The US cannot supply the EU with oil and gas to the point where they can fully replace Russia.

You do realize that the United States is a founding member of NATO.
Or from anyone period our oil and gas is the largest in the world yet we ship all our oil in from Russia and Middle East.

How can anyone make sense of this , even if they say we’re cut down our carbon footprint but we’ll still bring it from foreign countries.

Explain that 🤬🤬🤬

This is one of my top questions to as Saki in press briefings.

The US has put itself in a predicament. If Russia is our enemy, then there is no reason we should be supporting European countries in NATO, who act against our interests (supporting Russia’s economy via energy and NS2).

So why don’t we normalize relations with Russia, make everyone in NATO pay their fair share, and agree on not expanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back