Off-Topic Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
NATO shouldn't have expanded so close to Russias border. Putin is right, the US wouldn't allow Russia to put missiles in Mexico, so why Russia should just allow nato to keep getting close to its borders.
Only tyrants with a will to take over Europe would have an issue with it. Soviet union disbanded for a reason. Also the reason Ukraine wanted in, because we are seeing right now they are all on their own not being a member of NATO. We basically told Putin he can do what he wants, as long as he doesn't step on any NATO soil. Ridiculous.

Advertisement
What our administration should have done was guarantee openly that Ukraine would never be allowed into NATO. That erases the supposed reasoning for Russia's invasion. Would Putin still have gone for it? Maybe. But, I think that course of action would have been worth a try. Ukraine was never going to get into NATO anyways.

What our administration should have done was guarantee openly that Ukraine would never be allowed into NATO. That erases the supposed reasoning for Russia's invasion.

That’s not even the public justification he settled on, though.

He’s saying Ukraine is run by ****’s and it’s citizens want to pledge alliance to Russia and should be given the opportunity to do so.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

This country decided to ostracize the one nuclear power that could help us keep China at bay, bc of an election loss. Normalizing relations with Russia would have stopped this invasion from happening, and would not have pushed Russia into China’s open arms. Incredibly short sighted and stupid.

Advertisement
Everyone: Sit the **** down and learn something from Bender about European p-rhymes with analytics. Todays episode: The NATO!

The history of the NATO started all the way back in the 1940s after World War 2, when both France and the UK saw the still existing danger of a possible retaliation by Germany (who at that point officially wasnt Germany), but mostly an incoming attack from the then Soviet Union led by none other than Joseph Stalin. Yeah, the dude who made even his closest assistants so afraid of him, when he started his slow road towards death no one dared themselves to enter his room. But thats a different story.

Anyway, a certain big *** country in the West named United States of America decided to enter that contract made by the UK and France and added several countries to the name. The NATO as we know it was born. In 1955, West Germany was given permission to rearm themselves six years after they were founded (yes, the Germany we know now wasnt official until 1949). Thats why it was possible for the US to station up to 400000 soldiers in Europe, with a large part of them being in Germany playing soccer with my father and gifting them Coca-Cola when they had the chance to do so.

Anyway, in the late 1980s, certain revolutions started that are now named "The Fall of Communism". Communistic regimes were falling left and right, especially in Eastern Europe, which ultimately led to the downfall of the Soviet Union in 1991. East Germany was the biggest name of them all, having them join West Germany in 1989.

If you look at this beautiful map in this link below, you can see all of the NATOs members in dark blue. If you have paid some attention in Geography, you can clearly see that some parts of the former Soviet Union have actually joined the NATO as a result to prevent Russia from taking action: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enlargement_of_NATO#/media/File:NATO_affiliations_in_Europe.svg

These countries are: Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia. You could even count other countries, but thats "pea counting" and unneccessary, but I will explain why I am making this point. And here is the point:

The NATO, in its most basic sum up possible, is not an attacking unit. The NATO has no law exisiting where they can simply attack countries. At most, the NATO is a defense unit against incoming war crimes targeting towards a member. They cannot even force themselves into a country right now in order to defend certain parts of people, as they have tried in the 1990s towards Serbia and Yugoslavia. That really didnt work out too well, so they stopped doing that. Thats why the NATO cannot enter the Ukraine as of now, because the Ukraine is not a member. They asked to be a member and if they were named one, Russia wouldnt have attacked them in the first place all the way back in 2014. Heres why that would not have happened:

If you attack a NATO country, you have officially started World War 3. Because, as I said in the beginning: The USA, Germany, France are all part of the NATO and if you attack a NATO country and therefore, start a war against them, they will automatically join war against the attacking country. This is why people are talking about the possibillity of WW3 now (very slim chance, I will get to that in a minute). If Putin, for some odd reason (I will also get to him in another minute) decides to continue his logic of "The Ukraine was once part of Russia and I will get it back" and goes "Latvia was also part of Russia once, come here son", we have a huge ******* mess on our hands and your boy Bender might actually get called into the army. Yes, thats actually true but I am sidetracking.

Towards the very slim chance of WW3 happening: Everyone who followed Albert Einsteins career will now the following quote: "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." This quote is extremely accurate, considering that humanity has the most deadliest weapon ****nal in the history of mankind. The USA and Russia have both enough nuclear weapons to cause nuclear overkills to the whole planet. Nobody with a functioning brain will start a nuclear war or mankind is doomed for eternity. Even Putin, who doesnt appear to be on his elite intelligent level that he used to be (again, in a minute) looks like he wants to do that. Added to that is the fact that if he were to engage in an actual war against the NATO, Russia is likely going to get destroyed due to the lack of support in its own country, its finances collapsing since 2014 and the fact that he has most of the world against it.

Now to Putin: The man appears to be ill. Rumors of him suffering from Parkinsons have started to spread back in 2019 and his recorded war speech demonstrated that something might be wrong with him. This might be his "last dance" but as politicians such as Angela Merkel, who knows him better than most people, suggested that he isnt the man he was all these years ago. He either is the world greatest liar (would not be surprising given his past) or his brain is starting to melt. Either way, it does not look like Putin will stay on top of Russia in the long-term future.

So, to sum it all up: No, the NATO is not a threat to Russia. Russia is a threat towards NATO, towards most Eastern countries, towards the Western world and towards the USA. The fact that they are playing the victim card to justify a war against a country with the size of Ukraine by saying that the NATO is at fault, that Ukraine is killing Russians and that Russia is being openly threatened by the Western world have been debunked so many times, I have stopped counting. No one should ever ever EVER believe what Putin says regarding the Western world and its impact on Russia. Zero point zero. Russia is at this point the most powerful country in terms of energy considering they control supply and price of gas and oil for Europe IN TOTAL whilst holding back both, which led to insane price increases in all countries who buy gas and oil from Russia. If I would fill my car with petrol, I would have to pay 1,80 euros per litre, which is, compared to even the highest prices during summer at gas stations on the Autobahn, absurdly high, with price increases not stopping.

The narrative that the NATO is at fault and that Russia is the victim is the most stupid, nonsensical, ignorant and blatanly wrong things that I have ever read in my ******* life. I go as far as saying its on the level of the legendary quote: "Seit 5 Uhr 45 wird jetzt zurückgeschossen" (translation: We have shot back since 5:45 am). For those who dont know this quote: Hitler used it on September 1st, 1939, to justify the attacks on Poland that started WW2. Its the same logic, the same victim card, the same ******* lie.

And, fwiw: Reports have surfaced that Putin has ordered his troops to return back to the borders in an attempt to "peacefully" talk to Ukraine. I can already imagine how these talks go... "Hey, uh, you wanna give us Ukraine? We will stop attacking ya!" No. "Okay, get bombed on then."

Lesson over.

And I thought your takes on football were bad and misinformed…
kkkk.JPG

knkjnkjn.JPG

giphy-downsized-large.gif

@Bender Great post, thank you. One major problem Americans have, including our governments (plural), is that we are relatively ignorant about the world. One consequence of that shortcoming is that we assume the rest of the world thinks like we do, and of course they dont.

@Bender Great post, thank you. One major problem Americans have, including our governments (plural), is that we are relatively ignorant about the world. One consequence of that shortcoming is that we assume the rest of the world thinks like we do, and of course they dont.
Which is why we should have never gotten involved in ousting Viktor Yanukovych during Euromaidan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back