Ufc 244

Advertisement
Nothing more shady than the New York boxing commission. Any time you see Sal D'Amato listed as a judge in an MMA event you have to expect shenanigans of some kind.

I blame the UFC for trying to hold a grown man's sport is a state filled with social justice warrior same *** communist *******.

Masvidal looked dominant. He hit Nate with 4 or 5 of the exact same punch that he KO'd Darrin Till with and Nate walked through them. Gat-Dayum.

Cot ds
Nothing more shady than the New York boxing commission. Any time you see Sal D'Amato listed as a judge in an MMA event you have to expect shenanigans of some kind.

I blame the UFC for trying to hold a grown man's sport is a state filled with social justice warrior same *** communist *******.

Masvidal looked dominant. He hit Nate with 4 or 5 of the exact same punch that he KO'd Darrin Till with and Nate walked through them. Gat-Dayum.
Hmmmmm

I agree with the first paragraph 100%, but the social justice warrior, same ***, *******, have nothing to do with why fights in NYC are so corrupt. It has a lot to do with how ingrained the corruption is in NY fight sports. It has been like this since boxing first came to NYC way back when.

I agree with the first paragraph 100%, but the social justice warrior, same ***, *******, have nothing to do with why fights in NYC are so corrupt. It has a lot to do with how ingrained the corruption is in NY fight sports. It has been like this since boxing first came to NYC way back when.

I agree that correlation does not equal causation, but that doesn't change the fact that New York state is populated largely with social justice warrior same *** communist *******. :biggrin:

Advertisement
No way you are a Diaz fan and not know you got to kill that man , go to bed

Diaz took 3 yeasts off - first fight in 3 years was 2.5 months ago. That’s a long time to take off any sport, especially the fight game, without losing something. He might not be the same guy. And that’s why I’m not buying he was going to eat spinach and turn into Popeyes in rounds 4-5.

Certainly didn’t look like the same guy in rounds 1-3.

Let’s get this out of the way: It sucks the fight was stopped and it should not have been. But Diaz fans should be happy that it was stopped because now they can live in what if land. Masvidal pieced him up all 3 rounds. I keep hearing the same regurgitated take of if the fight kept going Diaz was gonna step up and turn it around. What if it kept going and Masvidal just kept dominating? You guys are taking one still shot of Masvidal with hands on his head and assuming he was gassed plus claiming maybe Diaz won the last 10 seconds of round 3 and was heating up? Not buying it.

What a great day for the 305 yesterday!!

BMFs baby!!

look Diaz was getting dominated. However Diaz is a durable fighter and is always dangerous as long as he’s in the octagon. Having said that. He was out classed yesterday.

Diaz is a volume puncher he doesn’t have a lot power. The shots he was landing were not going to be enough to hurt or wear down Jorge. Those bodies shots from Jorge really neutralized Diaz. They were saying run it back. But Dana might have some other things in mind. I don’t know if the majority of fans wants to see that again.

What a great day for the 305 yesterday!!

BMFs baby!!

look Diaz was getting dominated. However Diaz is a durable fighter and is always dangerous as long as he’s in the octagon. Having said that. He was out classed yesterday.

Diaz is a volume puncher he doesn’t have a lot power. The shots he was landing were not going to be enough to hurt or wear down Jorge. Those bodies shots from Jorge really neutralized Diaz. They were saying run it back. But Dana might have some other things in mind. I don’t know if the majority of fans wants to see that again.

Diaz, Masvidal, and all of us fans got the short stick on this one. It needed to be seen thru to the end regardless of what you think it looked like when it was called. I've seen Diaz's volume punches add up in the late rounds to allow him to TKO or sub opponents that looked dominant in the early rounds far too many times. If you completely counted Diaz out in the later rounds you don't follow the sport enough. On the flip side to say 100% Diaz was going to take over and win that fight is a stretch as well. Masvidal is an animal. Diaz is cut from a different cloth. That's why we were all robbed of the real drama that was about to take place in those last 10 minutes. I absolutely want to see them run it back.

O.G.Hater - I don't always agree with your takes, but you always speak with alot of clarity and logic. In this thread, you are making too much sense...absolutely the truth. However, I feel like you are shorting Masvidal a bit. Dude is a gangster...and he brings it everytime in the cage too.

Advertisement
Where did Masvidal look gassed during the actual fight? He was boxing him up and dominating clinch in every round including the third.

Mas didnt look gassed, but he was absolutely cautious around Diaz with each exchange and clinch.

Not a knock on Jorge at all, but the more he beat on Diaz, the more confident [Nate] became.

No doubt Mas was up on points, but he couldn't put Diaz away. Like in other Nate Ws, the constrictor finishes in the end, and I'm sure Mas had that in the back of his mind.

Part II going down in LV...see what happens.

At the end of the day, its not the Grand Arena.

Those athletes are there to compete, not be permanently damaged or slaughtered.

If you see full pictures of Diaz cut, its massive across the eye.

Like it or not, Doc saved Diaz from Diaz--that is his job and license.

Nate has been slurring his words for a few years now, last night was noticeably worse.

Nate is a iron willed fighter who is going to struggle in years ahead.

Like Forrest Griffin bad.

Mas didnt look gassed, but he was absolutely cautious around Diaz with each exchange and clinch.

Not a knock on Jorge at all, but the more he beat on Diaz, the more confident [Nate] became.

No doubt Mas was up on points, but he couldn't put Diaz away. Like in other Nate Ws, the constrictor finishes in the end, and I'm sure Mas had that in the back of his mind.

Part II going down in LV...see what happens.
Which goes back to Masvidal being a smart fighter - he stayed out of Diaz's guard and was cautious in the clinch, the two areas Diaz excels.

He was clearly frustrated that he couldn't stop Diaz, despite putting an absolute beatdown on him, but he also knew the only way he was losing that fight is if he did something stupid.

Advertisement
Which goes back to Masvidal being a smart fighter - he stayed out of Diaz's guard and was cautious in the clinch, the two areas Diaz excels.

He was clearly frustrated that he couldn't stop Diaz, despite putting an absolute beatdown on him, but he also knew the only way he was losing that fight is if he did something stupid.

From career standpoint, Mas needs to be careful for his next few bouts. I don't mean getting beat, I mean regarding championships, sponsorships other revenue streams for himself and family.

I believe he is in early 30s right? Jorge probably (hopefully) has someone in his ear to chart path to a bigger payday match considering what is left of his performance window.

Advertisement
Anything can happen but Masvidal would be the betting favorite over Woodley. Much better striker and he has the defensive wrestling to keep it standing.

Advertisement
Back