UF vs TNM

Advertisement
Yes, unless and until Franks proves he can move them consistently against our defense that is exactly what I'd do. I'm not saying do it on every single down, if we get them into 3rd and long then we wouldn't stack the box. Not sure why you think this is funny, have you watched UF? Their strength is clearly the ground game.
The talent is still there. If I’m manny I’m keeping everything in front of me. Doing a lot of zone blitz. No big plays period.

Surprised at the level of worry here. I see this game in all likelihood going similarly to the last one. Sloppy on offense on both sides. Plenty of turnovers. Probably back and forth. Miami wins.

Would not be surprised at all if we blow them out. Defense is going to be dialing up blitz packages all day from all directions, and there's no tape on the offense. I also am starting to get the feel this team is finally properly hungry and ****ed about last season. Not there yet, but should be come game one.

watching this Florida vs Missouri film made me realize their DB's play a lot of off coverage. Don't wanna do that against Jeff Thomas and a good QB.
Their guards pull a lot.

And they run A LOT. I just know they aren't gonna win this one. Shut down the run and make Felipe throw. Felipe has accuracy issues and happy feet. And he sucks in the pocket.

Advertisement

watching this Florida vs Missouri film made me realize their DB's play a lot of off coverage. Don't wanna do that against Jeff Thomas and a good QB.
Their guards pull a lot.

And they run A LOT. I just know they aren't gonna win this one. Shut down the run and make Felipe throw. Felipe has accuracy issues and happy feet. And he sucks in the pocket.

The question is can we stop the run? I still cringe at the thought of Wisconsin pounding us with their run game. Florida’s run game is more complex compared to Wisconsin’s predictable Offense.

The question is can we stop the run? I still cringe at the thought of Wisconsin pounding us with their run game. Florida’s run game is more complex compared to Wisconsin’s predictable Offense.

I agree with that. But, the question can be asked, will those new offensive linemen be ready for the defensive line.

I think we'll be solid a CB. Bandy took a big step from freshman to sophomore years and will do the same for his junior year. Expect Ivey, Blades, and Frierson to take the same. Ivey might be our best pure cover corner and should show that this year.

Advertisement
They are a physical offense. Interesting to see how the new OL steps up. (Same w/ our DT's though)

Don't get fooled, going to be a dogfight.
Oh this canes team ain’t gonna fool me no more. Manny gotta show us some spunk

Advertisement
I think we'll be solid a CB. Bandy took a big step from freshman to sophomore years and will do the same for his junior year. Expect Ivey, Blades, and Frierson to take the same. Ivey might be our best pure cover corner and should show that this year.
Frierson is supposedly going to play some Striker. It's up to Blades and Ivey to step it up. We're thin there.

Sure but go on Twitter ever gator fan talking about putting up 40 plus on Miami. Them mfs are delusional, don’t group us with that bullsh*t

Agreed. This will be within the TD margin of error if we show up and dont quit. I went to Dallas and I felt like there were portions of the team that gave up right then and there on the entire season. I hope the team if for whatever reason we fall behind, dont quit. I know plenty of of my friends that aren't Canes or UF fans that are pulling for us because they despise UF.

Advertisement
We both have flaws and we shouldn’t get too confident after we did last year and LSU kicked our ***. I’m worried about the special teams battle. If we can’t flip the field or miss FGs, that’s huge in a rivalry game.

A lot easier to stop the run when your D isn't on the field the entire game starting at midfield.

Agreed. However, in theory, it’s easier to stop the run when you know they’re going to run the ball. This excuse needs to stop. You’re giving our D a pass on many situations they get their **** pushed in on first and 2nd drives where fatigueness didn’t apply.

I'm worried about our DB's once the emotion of the game wears off..they have to keep up their intensity!

Advertisement
Back