UF vs TNM

Just taking a quick look at both rosters. Florida should be worried about their matchup against our D Line. They only have 1 starter returning Olineman and everybody else has no experience. On the flip side Florida wide receivers have a advantage over our secondary. Thoughts ?

Advertisement
Their QB Franks is f*cked. We are going to EAT. I was watching some UF Spring preview vids on youtube and apparently half of their fan base is still not sold on this guy. They were also worried about replacing 4 OL like you mentioned. As long as Garvin, Hill, and Rosseu are all healthy we should be all over them. Hopefully we have someone step up at DT (Nesta)

My thoughts are that receivers need someone to through them the ball and Franks if garbage. Ask JT4 how it feels to be talented but have a garbage qb.

And our DL can/should neutralize their possible advantage at WR. If the QB has no time or is running for his life it's going to be a long day for the offense. Key to that game will also be limiting their running game.

Our front 7 vs their oline and rbs is a complete mismatch. Our secondary outside of bandy will be young but still very talented and imo will be able to get the job done especially when you consider how nasty our pass rush is about to be this season with hill and garvin on the edge.

Advertisement
Franks was improved last year, but he's certainly not good. Against FBS competition, he was 84th in the country in completion percentage, 64th in YPA, and 62nd in Passer Rating. He's average, at best, overall. His running ability makes him a competent player, but he's a below average passer. If Miami can hold against the run and put the game on the arm of Franks, it'll be a very close and competitive game and Miami has a very good chance to win.

Adding bubba is a great addition Incase carter or hall aren’t ready to go but I assume they will be so thag should help with breaking in another starting corner.

Our offense will have a good challenge cause they have good corners but also lose some dline. Our offensive line needs to step up. Running backs we are good. Wide receivers are unproven except for jt4 and I guess Osborn. QB who the **** knows.

At least we won’t have feagles shanking 20 yarders

Advertisement
Franks was improved last year, but he's certainly not good. Against FBS competition, he was 84th in the country in completion percentage, 64th in YPA, and 62nd in Passer Rating. He's average, at best, overall. His running ability makes him a competent player, but he's a below average passer. If Miami can hold against the run and put the game on the arm of Franks, it'll be a very close and competitive game and Miami has a very good chance to win.
I assume we will spy him. Cause without the run threat he’s just a garbage pocket passer. And if they line up empty close to the goal line it’s 100% a sneak up the middle.

I fully expect Mullen to try to run sweeps to Toney or quick tosses Perrine and misdirection run plays with QB read option to attack our likelihood to slant and stunt up front and neutralize the aggressiveness of our DL. Our LBs are going to need to play very smart and not run themselves out of plays and hit the run fits properly. I don't think he's going to attack us through the air very much because even he knows Franks is a below average passer. There should be a lot of TFL opportunities in this game but we have to make them and get the guys on the ground. We put them behind the chains and they will get into trouble early.

Honestly sounds like you're talking about Rosier heading into last season

Advertisement
I like the battle in the trenches against them. They loose almost everyone at O line and their best pass rusher plus other d linemen that played a lot. On the outside their receivers against out very young corners is worrisome. Their corners are good on the other side but our receivers are good and deep. We have 6 starter quality receivers. Franks is trash.

Advertisement
I’m not worried about our defense. They will handle themselves. My concern is on offense (as is everyone’s). I expect one or two big plays from them offensively, just because they do have athletes and it is the first game of the season, but our defense will shut that down quick. Give me a QB that completes more than 60% passes and have our o-line show up and we run away with it, imo.

Advertisement
Back