UF-Miami matchups

Earth to Killa, EVERY RECRUITING CLASS HAS ATTRITION. To use it as a "woe is us" excuse is being disingenuous. Miami's 2010 class 13 players either never made it, transferred or got kicked out. But boo hoo hoo UF.

Anyhow anyone that wants to argue that what Muschamp inherited was similar to Golden is FOS.

And UF did not have 65 scholarship players to open a season. Myth perpetuated by clueless gata fans.

are you serious or just that stupid?

nobody is using it as a woe as me excuse. you stated he got significant contributions from those classes when he in fact did not. then you named some offensive players, 2 of which went undrafted, another who is a 5th round pick, and another who doesn't even have a position on the team as being 'talented.' only 27 players from those 2 classes remained on the team and of that bunch only a handful ever became starters. but hey they were ranked #1 on a recruiting site, it means they're talented! :ohlord:

and nobody has to claim anything, the proof is in the pudding. you said he inherited a program from a 'top 5 coach' but fail to mention that same top 5 coach lost 5 games with that roster before departing and then 13 starters had to be replaced the following year. you'd have to be the only fool to believe a team that lost 5 games and is replacing 13 starters is some loaded returning roster. particularly when the roster was depleted to 65 scholarships and so much holes that uf played more freshman than any school in the country the following year. and you really shouldn't be calling anybody clueless, you're the same guy who just used a preseason mag article as proof a team had a good roster, i'd think it was a joke if i didn't just see it posted. you can't keep a coherent argument to save your life. you claim shannon left golden no talent but the numbers show miami had more nfl players than uf yet you claim muschamp inherited a better situation.

oh lawd the spin master keeps on..

1. UF did not have 65 scholarship players.. The fact that you keep on saying lessens your already suspect credibility. FYI they had 72.
USC had 67 going into their 2010 season that they went 8-5 in. So save the excuses.

2. Rainey ALL SEC 1st team and Deonte were UFA's that made their respective NFL squads and contributed. Deonte made the Raven's WR rotation, Streeter made the practice squad. So save the BS about non drafted players not having talent..

3. Muschamp inherited 8 future NFL draft picks that played for his first 2 seasons and 6 UFA's for a total of 14.. Golden inherited 2 drafted and 3 UFA's for a grand total of 5. Do the math, should be easy enough for you, and tell me what coach had more talent to work with their 1st 2 years?

I could stop here but I'll continue with the debunking..

4. Urban going 8-5 one season is not indicative of a program in the dumps as it is normal for even the best coaches to have those types of seasons after a multi year run..Happened to Tressel at OSU, Stoops at OU, Pete Carroll at USC etc.. So you saying Meyer had a 8-5 season in an attempt to somehow paint the picture of a "disastrous" is LULZ..

5.. At this point should I even bring up the NCAA investigation and suspensions that followed that Muschamp didn't have to deal with. Oops I just did..

But yeah your're right, Mushchamp inherited a much worse situation.. What a miracle worker he is. We're doomed come the 7th. LULZ

1. umm bull****, it was 65, would you like me to list them all here for you? please say go so i can murk you like i have been. either way, the point was that you downplayed being short on schollies like it was irrelevant. there's a reason the ncaa uses sanctions to punish teams and its not for the **** of it. uf was 20 short on schollies but yea in your world it doesn't matter.

2. misleading. rainey made 1st team all-sec as an all purpose guy mainly for his special team prowess. not sure why the **** it matters anyway because i listed him previously, but he was not a fit for the offense. you also failed to mention how he missed 4 games for his texting incident. so a. he missed 1/3rd of the season and b. was 170 lb. back playing in a power running game...fail. and thompson made the raven rotation as the 6 guy and barely dressed for any of the games. that proves he was ultra talented :ohlord: and those were your comments dumbass, you made the claim that late rounders and undrafted players weren't 'miami caliber talent' when discussing the talent shannon left golden yet turn around and argue that's championship caliber talent for other teams. try to keep your retarded, inconsistent *** points in line please. are late round draft picks really talented players or not? but since you want to bring up all-sec teams, you failed to mention that uf had TWO all-sec selections, the other being a kicker which was 3rd lowest in the league...that's how much the coaches thought of uf's talent.

3. false. how are you counting ufa's (aka undrafted) as nfl players? that's the height of stupidity and you're using it simply to skew the argument in favor of your ridiculous point. teams often sign guys to be nothing more than practice dummy's...doesn't mean they made an nfl roster since most don't even make it out of preseason. but you of course wouldn't know any different. being on the practice squad is an accomplishment now? i find this hilarious coming from the same guy who has poo pooed late round picks consistently on this site. consistency isn't your forte. i'd also like to know what 8 players you are counting because it's not accurate.

4. this point especially is retarded. you claim muschamp inherited a better program simply because he came behind a 'top 5 coach' no mention of the roster, who was returning, holes on the roster, nothing. yet fail to mention that roster obviously wasn't talented enough to keep that top 5 coach from losing 5 games. that top 5 coach also has no record of SUSTAINED success anywhere. meyer has stated numerous times he prefers to build and its hard to maintain. meyer HIMSELF also admitted the program was broken on the way out between what we were losing that season and the amount of kids that had washed out in the last two classes. so should i take your word or his with regards to the shape of the program? i don't know what else you would call that roster but disastrous. the team lost 5 games (which in itself isn't disastrous because every coach has a down year) but the fact that we ALSO lost 13 starters off of a 5-loss team (most who were nfl players) and were short on schollies by 20 IS disastrous. what the **** else would you call it? the roster was in such great shape we played more freshman than any other team in the country the next year...yep the roster was in great shape. we also played at least 3 walkons...but again the roster was in great shape. moron.

5. who said miami was in trouble or muschamp was some coaching god? people, some of who have already pointed it out, just find it ridiculous that a guy who just went 11-2 in the toughest conference in the country and against last year's #2 sos is ranked behind a guy who is 13-11 at his current school so matter of factly by you. you point out golden's success as temple but then summarily dismiss muschamp's success before uf stating what he did in the pass didn't matter. again more inconsistent stupidity from you. you're ranking one guy based on his job at a past school while saying the past doesn't matter in judging the other coach, what??? you say muschamp's success at uf to date doesn't prove anything which is fine, but if his past success doesn't matter, and his current success doesn't matter, how the **** are you managing to compare the coaches? by your opinion on what they may do in the future?

Last edited:
Advertisement
The key matchup for me is our interior OL vs. their interior DL. Miami's tackles handled FSU's ends, but FSU's short and quick DTs repeatedly flushed a gimpy Morris out of the pocket. Dealing with guys like that has been a problem for this offensive line since Maryland 2011. It's the drawback of being so big and tall.

Dominique Easley is a player with tremendous quickness who can be beaten at the point of attack. We can't let him get going.

The only interior DL that did anything against Miami was ND, and that's because Nix is a **** beast.

I don't know what DT gave us problems in the FSU game cause I was watching Feliciano the whole game and he was kicking the **** out of their DT's. On top of that, I have a hard time believing that Linder had any problems with their DT's either.

What people forget is, we could've ran the ball that game. We CHOSE not to.

Jernigan beat McDermott a few times, like the swim move at 1:29. Dawkins beat them off the snap a couple times, like at 4:38.

But I gotta be honest, rewatching the passing plays from this game it wasn't as bad as I remember. Some of the inside pressure came from blitzing rather than guys losing individual matchups.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyeAMMkvVPE

The key matchup for me is our interior OL vs. their interior DL. Miami's tackles handled FSU's ends, but FSU's short and quick DTs repeatedly flushed a gimpy Morris out of the pocket. Dealing with guys like that has been a problem for this offensive line since Maryland 2011. It's the drawback of being so big and tall.

Dominique Easley is a player with tremendous quickness who can be beaten at the point of attack. We can't let him get going.

The only interior DL that did anything against Miami was ND, and that's because Nix is a **** beast.

I don't know what DT gave us problems in the FSU game cause I was watching Feliciano the whole game and he was kicking the **** out of their DT's. On top of that, I have a hard time believing that Linder had any problems with their DT's either.

Jernigan beat McDermott a few times, like the swim move at 1:29. Dawkins beat them off the snap a couple times, like at 4:38.

But I gotta be honest, rewatching the passing plays from this game it wasn't as bad as I remember. Some of the inside pressure came from blitzing rather than guys losing individual matchups.

Never saw replay of game, dam that was brutal to watch...

Earth to Killa, EVERY RECRUITING CLASS HAS ATTRITION. To use it as a "woe is us" excuse is being disingenuous. Miami's 2010 class 13 players either never made it, transferred or got kicked out. But boo hoo hoo UF.

Anyhow anyone that wants to argue that what Muschamp inherited was similar to Golden is FOS.

And UF did not have 65 scholarship players to open a season. Myth perpetuated by clueless gata fans.

are you serious or just that stupid?

nobody is using it as a woe as me excuse. you stated he got significant contributions from those classes when he in fact did not. then you named some offensive players, 2 of which went undrafted, another who is a 5th round pick, and another who doesn't even have a position on the team as being 'talented.' only 27 players from those 2 classes remained on the team and of that bunch only a handful ever became starters. but hey they were ranked #1 on a recruiting site, it means they're talented! :ohlord:

and nobody has to claim anything, the proof is in the pudding. you said he inherited a program from a 'top 5 coach' but fail to mention that same top 5 coach lost 5 games with that roster before departing and then 13 starters had to be replaced the following year. you'd have to be the only fool to believe a team that lost 5 games and is replacing 13 starters is some loaded returning roster. particularly when the roster was depleted to 65 scholarships and so much holes that uf played more freshman than any school in the country the following year. and you really shouldn't be calling anybody clueless, you're the same guy who just used a preseason mag article as proof a team had a good roster, i'd think it was a joke if i didn't just see it posted. you can't keep a coherent argument to save your life. you claim shannon left golden no talent but the numbers show miami had more nfl players than uf yet you claim muschamp inherited a better situation.

oh lawd the spin master keeps on..

1. UF did not have 65 scholarship players.. The fact that you keep on saying lessens your already suspect credibility. FYI they had 72.
USC had 67 going into their 2010 season that they went 8-5 in. So save the excuses.

2. Rainey ALL SEC 1st team and Deonte were UFA's that made their respective NFL squads and contributed. Deonte made the Raven's WR rotation, Streeter made the practice squad. So save the BS about non drafted players not having talent..

3. Muschamp inherited 8 future NFL draft picks that played for his first 2 seasons and 6 UFA's for a total of 14.. Golden inherited 2 drafted and 3 UFA's for a grand total of 5. Do the math, should be easy enough for you, and tell me what coach had more talent to work with their 1st 2 years?

I could stop here but I'll continue with the debunking..

4. Urban going 8-5 one season is not indicative of a program in the dumps as it is normal for even the best coaches to have those types of seasons after a multi year run..Happened to Tressel at OSU, Stoops at OU, Pete Carroll at USC etc.. So you saying Meyer had a 8-5 season in an attempt to somehow paint the picture of a "disastrous" is LULZ..

5.. At this point should I even bring up the NCAA investigation and suspensions that followed that Muschamp didn't have to deal with. Oops I just did..

But yeah your're right, Mushchamp inherited a much worse situation.. What a miracle worker he is. We're doomed come the 7th. LULZ

1. umm bull****, it was 65, would you like me to list them all here for you? please say go so i can murk you like i have been. either way, the point was that you downplayed being short on schollies like it was irrelevant. there's a reason the ncaa uses sanctions to punish teams and its not for the **** of it. uf was 20 short on schollies but yea in your world it doesn't matter.

2. misleading. rainey made 1st team all-sec as an all purpose guy mainly for his special team prowess. not sure why the **** it matters anyway because i listed him previously, but he was not a fit for the offense. you also failed to mention how he missed 4 games for his texting incident. so a. he missed 1/3rd of the season and b. was 170 lb. back playing in a power running game...fail. and thompson made the raven rotation as the 6 guy and barely dressed for any of the games. that proves he was ultra talented :ohlord: and those were your comments dumbass, you made the claim that late rounders and undrafted players weren't 'miami caliber talent' when discussing the talent shannon left golden yet turn around and argue that's championship caliber talent for other teams. try to keep your retarded, inconsistent *** points in line please. are late round draft picks really talented players or not? but since you want to bring up all-sec teams, you failed to mention that uf had TWO all-sec selections, the other being a kicker which was 3rd lowest in the league...that's how much the coaches thought of uf's talent.

3. false. how are you counting ufa's (aka undrafted) as nfl players? that's the height of stupidity and you're using it simply to skew the argument in favor of your ridiculous point. teams often sign guys to be nothing more than practice dummy's...doesn't mean they made an nfl roster since most don't even make it out of preseason. but you of course wouldn't know any different. being on the practice squad is an accomplishment now? i find this hilarious coming from the same guy who has poo pooed late round picks consistently on this site. consistency isn't your forte. i'd also like to know what 8 players you are counting because it's not accurate.

4. this point especially is retarded. you claim muschamp inherited a better program simply because he came behind a 'top 5 coach' no mention of the roster, who was returning, holes on the roster, nothing. yet fail to mention that roster obviously wasn't talented enough to keep that top 5 coach from losing 5 games. that top 5 coach also has no record of SUSTAINED success anywhere. meyer has stated numerous times he prefers to build and its hard to maintain. meyer HIMSELF also admitted the program was broken on the way out between what we were losing that season and the amount of kids that had washed out in the last two classes. so should i take your word or his with regards to the shape of the program? i don't know what else you would call that roster but disastrous. the team lost 5 games (which in itself isn't disastrous because every coach has a down year) but the fact that we ALSO lost 13 starters off of a 5-loss team (most who were nfl players) and were short on schollies by 20 IS disastrous. what the **** else would you call it? the roster was in such great shape we played more freshman than any other team in the country the next year...yep the roster was in great shape. we also played at least 3 walkons...but again the roster was in great shape. moron.

5. who said miami was in trouble or muschamp was some coaching god? people, some of who have already pointed it out, just find it ridiculous that a guy who just went 11-2 in the toughest conference in the country and against last year's #2 sos is ranked behind a guy who is 13-11 at his current school so matter of factly by you. you point out golden's success as temple but then summarily dismiss muschamp's success before uf stating what he did in the pass didn't matter. again more inconsistent stupidity from you. you're ranking one guy based on his job at a past school while saying the past doesn't matter in judging the other coach, what??? you say muschamp's success at uf to date doesn't prove anything which is fine, but if his past success doesn't matter, and his current success doesn't matter, how the **** are you managing to compare the coaches? by your opinion on what they may do in the future?

All that bein said................

Your coach still looks like a RAHTARD.

th

But he worked miracles for u guys last yr i give him that...Think u guys with him there will always have a good defense...your dline recruiting has been great...Morrison can play...nad your dbs have been solid to good.

Expierence doesn't equal production/talent. I forgot which head coach it was maybe Golden, but they were talking about how the returning starter # is overrated.

Advertisement
Coaching - Miami

based on?

and i'm not a muschamp guy at all really, he wouldn't have made a top 5 list of coaches i wanted at uf. but he inherited a uf roster with 65 scholarship players and an offense entirely recruited for the spread. in his second year he took that team to an 11-2 record against the nations #2 schedule. golden might end up surpassing all that but i don't see how you could logically give miami a coaching edge at this point.

Look at their resume's. Golden is more proven up to this point. One year results doesn't make a coach.

C'mon son.....this is a top 5 woat post

All I gotta say, is all these people on the recruiting + football board better have **** season tickets. Or going to every game possible to their schedules. Seems like more people interested in Heritage vs Central than Miami vs Virginia.

also, almighty either doesn't know his own team or is lying. he says golden inherited 2 drafted and 3 ufa's:

spence
benjamin
miller
streeter
vernon

were all drafted. fortson, byrd, and washington were ufa's. and that doesn't even inlcude guys like morris, henderson, linder, feliciano, walford, etc. who will be drafted this year or the next. hard to take a guy seriously when he doesn't even know who's been drafted from the team he's supposedly a fan of.

Last edited:
also, almighty either doesn't know his own team or is lying. he says golden inherited 2 drafted and 3 ufa's:

spence
benjamin
miller
streeter
vernon

were all drafted. fortson, byrd, and washington were ufa's. and that doesn't even inlcude guys like morris, henderson, linder, feliciano, walford, etc. who will be drafted this year or the next. hard to take a guy seriously when he doesn't even know who's been drafted from the team he's supposedly a fan of.

go back and read what I wrote.
Golden didn't have those players for his first 2 years. He had them for his first.

For his first 2 years he had 5. 2 Drafted, 3 UFA's. Muschamp had 14. Yeah, DISASTROUS. LULZ

And you saying Rainey was a misfit for the UF offense is laughable considering the Pittsburgh Steelers that run a power run game offense drafted him to play in that similar offense.. What were they thinking? They should have consulted Killa before selecting him. lol.

Like I said and like you failed to debunk, the results of both coaches their 1st 2 years are a result of the circumstances they stepped into. 1 year 11 win season with 14 NFL players doesn't sway the pendulum in Muschamp's favor. Until proven otherwise Golden has the edge...

Last edited:
Advertisement

spence
benjamin
miller
streeter
vernon

Golden didn't have those players for his first 2 years. He had them for his first.

For his first 2 years he had 5. 2 Drafted, 3 UFA's. Muschamp had 14. Yeah, DISASTROUS. LULZ

And you saying Rainey was a misfit for the UF offense is laughable considering the Pittsburgh Steelers that run a power run game offense drafted him to play in that similar offense.. What were they thinking? They should have consulted Killa before selecting him. lol.

Like I said and like you failed to debunk, the results of both coaches their 1st 2 years are a result of the circumstances they stepped into. 1 year 11 win season with 14 NFL players doesn't sway the pendulum in Muschamp's favor. Until proven otherwise Golden has the edge...

in bold...what??? are you retarded? if he had them for his first year then he had them in his first two years lol. that point makes no sense anyway you try to spin it. bottom line either you didn't know your own team or you made some **** up to try and prove a ridiculous point. and if you want to go that route...how many players were drafted from uf after muschamp's first year? rainey and jaye howard...that's it!

as to your rainey point, they played him in the slot primarily and as a returner, he got 26 carries all year...fail again.

and this last point is just retarded. the circumstances minus the ncaa investigation has not been all that different. including the players drafted after golden's first year which you conveniently left out, miami has had 13 nfl players drafted or signed as ufa's. and once some of the seniors i mentioned like morris, linder, henderson, etc. enter the numbers will be even higher.

Last edited:

spence
benjamin
miller
streeter
vernon

in bold...what??? are you retarded? if he had them for his first year then he had them in his first two years lol. that point makes no sense anyway you try to spin it. bottom line either you didn't know your own team or you made some **** up to try and prove a ridiculous point. and if you want to go that route...how many players were drafted from uf after muschamp's first year? rainey and jaye howard...that's it!

as to your rainey point, they played him in the slot primarily and as a returner, he got 26 carries all year...fail again.

and this last point is just retarded. the circumstances minus the ncaa investigation has not been all that different. including the players drafted after golden's first year which you conveniently left out, miami has had 13 nfl players drafted or signed as ufa's. and once some of the seniors i mentioned like morris, linder, henderson, etc. enter the numbers will be even higher.

Let me help you out.
How many players did Muschamp have that made it to the NFL played in each of his first 2 years? 14. 8 drfted (including 2 1st rounders and 4 Top 3 rounds).
How many players did Golden have that made it to the NFL played in each of his first 2 years? 5. 2 drafted (5th, 6th) 3 UFA's.

So not only did Muschamp of 3x's more he had better quality.

If you can't understand how much of better roster Muschamp had to work with than Golden, plus without the NCAA bull**** to deal with I don't know what to tell you.

Looking at all the players that got drafted and signed UFA last year plus the ones in 2011 its kind of sad dude won only 6 games.:ohlord: Maybe he's on his way to becoming a great coach, but to early to tell and not enough sample size to make a sound conclusion. Plenty of coaches have won 10+ games only to end up jAGS.

On the same token, winning besting last years results and winning the coastal with only 2 lowly drafted players and 3 UFA's deserves mention and credit.

Last edited:
Goldens should have won more than 6 games in 2011. NFL talent all up and down the rooster that year.

We might have been able to recruit better had we gone 8-4 instead of 6-6.

spence
benjamin
miller
streeter
vernon

Let me help you out.
How many players did Muschamp have that made it to the NFL played in each of his first 2 years? 14. 8 drfted (including 2 1st rounders and 4 Top 3 rounds).
How many players did Golden have that made it to the NFL played in each of his first 2 years? 5. 2 drafted (5th, 6th) 3 UFA's.

If you can't understand how much of better roster Muschamp had to work with than Golden, plus without the NCAA bull**** to deal with I don't know what to tell you.

Looking at all the players that got drafted and signed UFA last year plus the ones in 2011 its kind of sad dude won only 6 games.:ohlord:

wtf are you talking about?

spence
streeter
vernon
miller
benjamin

all were drafted! that was just after the first year. 2 more guys were drafted this year, that's 7 drafted in two years (same amount as uf btw). another 6 were ufa's...so that's 13 total for miami. you're retarded this is my last post replying to you.

you discount the 5 guys i mentioned above saying they were after golden's first year but not in his first two years (wtf??? if they were after his first year they're apart of his first two years. retarded) but then include guys from after muschamp's first year in his totals. you legit may be the dumbest poster i've ever come across. you can't even stay consistent from post to post.

Last edited:
Advertisement

spence
benjamin
miller
streeter
vernon

Let me help you out.

Looking at all the players that got drafted and signed UFA last year plus the ones in 2011 its kind of sad dude won only 6 games.:ohlord:

wtf are you talking about?

spence
streeter
vernon
miller
benjamin

all were drafted! that was just after the first year. 2 more guys were drafted this year, that's 7 drafted in two years (same amount as uf btw). another 6 were ufa's...so that's 13 total for miami. you're retarded this is my last post replying to you.

you discount the 5 guys i mentioned above saying they were after golden's first year but not in his first two years (wtf??? if they were after his first year they're apart of his first two years. retarded) but then include guys from after muschamp's first year in his totals. you legit may be the dumbest poster i've ever come across. you can't even stay consistent from post to post.

bust his head on this one

After watching that video it was painfully obvious how bad Morris was with the short to intermediate passing game. He left a lot of positive yards out there. I know he was hurt but that was bad. Hopefully he has improved on those and it's not just coach speak!

R Scott had a couple big drops!

Bunche looked like he got beat the most!

Advertisement
Goldens didn't win the Coastal

just to clarify...my posts aren't any indictment on golden. just dismissing his retarded points of view. the only point i agree with him about is that so far we can't really judge muschamp at uf...but if that's his logic then he needs to apply the same to golden. if you can't judge either yet and the past doesn't matter (his words) then i don't know what the **** he's using as a basis to judge either coach. but he can easily pick one over the other lol. but as we've seen the dude can stay consistent from sentence to sentence much less post to post.

After watching that video it was painfully obvious how bad Morris was with the short to intermediate passing game. He left a lot of positive yards out there. I know he was hurt but that was bad. Hopefully he has improved on those and it's not just coach speak!

R Scott had a couple big drops!

Bunche looked like he got beat the most!

Yep, I am not big fan of Bunche, personally think he is a liability at LT. I am hoping Flowers beats him out. Morris also has a ton of improving to do, one minute he looks like John Elway and the next he looks like Kirby Freeman. He must become more consistent for us to have any chance against teams like UF and FSU

Advertisement
Back