UF-Miami matchups

based on?

and i'm not a muschamp guy at all really, he wouldn't have made a top 5 list of coaches i wanted at uf. but he inherited a uf roster with 65 scholarship players and an offense entirely recruited for the spread. in his second year he took that team to an 11-2 record against the nations #2 schedule. golden might end up surpassing all that but i don't see how you could logically give miami a coaching edge at this point.

Look at their resume's. Golden is more proven up to this point. One year results doesn't make a coach.

i still don't know how you can say that.

muschamp has had a top 10 defensive unit everywhere he has coached. saban thought enough of him to make him a member on his dolphin staff (assistant head coach iirc) and he mack brown and texas thought enough of him to make him head coach in waiting at arguably the top job in the country. and as mentioned what he has done at uf so far.

golden did some good things at temple but as far as what both have accomplished at their current schools, i don't know how you can say so definitively miami has the coaching edge. we will see, we lost our defensive coordinator who was a stud and you guys lost fisch who i thought was very good along with some others.

different circumstances both coach faced is what led to their respective results. Coaching prowess was a non factor.
Basically up to this point Muschamp could be a Larry Coker/ Shannon type coach that inherited a solid foundation and won early because of it or he could be a budding Saban.. No one knows. Like I said, One good season doesn't make a coach.

we're talking body as a whole here.

i also think you're overrating muschamp's foundation. he inherited 65 scholaship players. his first year we had 3 qb's and two of them were true freshmen and there was practically zero talent on the offensive side of the ball. the only foundation left was on defense but even there had holes. for example his first year we were playing 210 lb. jelani jenkins in the middle of his defense while playing true freshmen like roberson all over the field. but if you're going to make that claim he inherited a solid foundation you have to give him the credit as he got them after their true freshmen year. so they played under him their sophomore and junior years, and you can throw in the seniors for this year. those same guys hadn't played really any ball before he got there so all their development came under him.

I'm talking as a whole here.. I could give a flying **** how great of a DC Muschamp was considered. Meaningless to how he should be judged as a HC, as Shannon proved.
And as a whole Golden has the edge. Whatever Muschamp has done to date at UF(only 1 11 win season), pales in comparison to the miracle Golden did at Temple. Until proven otherwise, I liken Muschamps 11 wins season @ UF to Shannons 9 win season at Miami.

Advertisement

muschamp has had a top 10 defensive unit everywhere he has coached. saban thought enough of him to make him a member on his dolphin staff (assistant head coach iirc) and he mack brown and texas thought enough of him to make him head coach in waiting at arguably the top job in the country. and as mentioned what he has done at uf so far.

golden did some good things at temple but as far as what both have accomplished at their current schools, i don't know how you can say so definitively miami has the coaching edge. we will see, we lost our defensive coordinator who was a stud and you guys lost fisch who i thought was very good along with some others.

different circumstances both coach faced is what led to their respective results. Coaching prowess was a non factor.
Basically up to this point Muschamp could be a Larry Coker/ Shannon type coach that inherited a solid foundation and won early because of it or he could be a budding Saban.. No one knows. Like I said, One good season doesn't make a coach.

i also think you're overrating muschamp's foundation. he inherited 65 scholaship players. his first year we had 3 qb's and two of them were true freshmen and there was practically zero talent on the offensive side of the ball. the only foundation left was on defense but even there had holes. for example his first year we were playing 210 lb. jelani jenkins in the middle of his defense while playing true freshmen like roberson all over the field. but if you're going to make that claim he inherited a solid foundation you have to give him the credit as he got them after their true freshmen year. so they played under him their sophomore and junior years, and you can throw in the seniors for this year. those same guys hadn't played really any ball before he got there so all their development came under him.

I think almost every single 2011 starter for the gators was a 4 star or 5 star. yeah throw out the number 65 and throw out the change of offensive scheme (both valid), but also mention that the 65 scholarship players present were literally wanted by every team in the nation and were not all underclassmen

that's not true. in 2011'-12 uf played more freshman than anybody in the country that year when they went 6-6. all of them weren't 4 or 5 star either. i'm also not sure how you discount the 65 scholarship players, that affects every area of the program. the ncaa uses scholarship reductions as a penalty for a reason. uf's 65 players will be less than the amount usc will play with under their sanctions going forward for example.

All starters were literally 4 and 5 stars.

Coaching - Miami

LOLOL.

What the other posters said. Al took over an experienced crew in a weak ACC and reeled of a 6-6 mark and then 7-6? Muschump went 11-2 against the best the SEC has to offer with DRISKEL. UF is tough and physical, nobody has said that about UM in a loooooong time. I believe coaching is reflected in the fundamentals. You can't field a D ranked 118 and claim and a O with a middling rushing attack and claim that staff is better than a crew that went 11-2 in the SEC.

You can't

You want to cling to their cumulative records, be my guest. But, Muschump inherited a disaster and engineered a near miracle last year while Al fielded the worst D ever assembled at UM and reeled off a 7-5 season while losing to powerhouses like Va., again.

I like Al and think he'll be fine, but at this juncture, there is no way one can objectively conclude that UM has a better staff.

Again, going off a one year sample size doesn't favor you in this argument.
And LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ Wuzchamp inheriting a disaster.. He inherited a program built by a TOP 5 HC in the United Statez of America.. Golden inherited a program built by a career LB coach.

why do you keep repeating this nonsense? the same top 5 coach lost 5 games with that roster before departing and then left 65 scholarship players and 1 returning player at the qb position. the backup qb murphy was slow played by temple. people thought so highly of the talent we didn't have a single preseason all-sec team selection on offense, yes not even on the 3rd string. i believe we had 2 players in totality that made any preseason all-sec teams and don't recall any making an all-sec team after his first year. the roster was so 'stacked' we played more freshman than any team in the country his first year. if that's not a disaster i don't know what is.

Also our WRs are kinda over rated but Stacy Coley isnt that dude is big time.

Don't think our WRs are overrated at all. Outside of Cane fans I don't see them rated crazy high anywhere. I think we had a good group but we don't have a legit #1 guy. But to be fair outside of Hurns, all of them were underclassmen last year.

I like Scott to be our Hankerson. He will move the chains and keep the drives going.

:neonu:

Coaching - Miami

LOLOL.

What the other posters said. Al took over an experienced crew in a weak ACC and reeled of a 6-6 mark and then 7-6? Muschump went 11-2 against the best the SEC has to offer with DRISKEL. UF is tough and physical, nobody has said that about UM in a loooooong time. I believe coaching is reflected in the fundamentals. You can't field a D ranked 118 and claim and a O with a middling rushing attack and claim that staff is better than a crew that went 11-2 in the SEC.

You can't

You want to cling to their cumulative records, be my guest. But, Muschump inherited a disaster and engineered a near miracle last year while Al fielded the worst D ever assembled at UM and reeled off a 7-5 season while losing to powerhouses like Va., again.

I like Al and think he'll be fine, but at this juncture, there is no way one can objectively conclude that UM has a better staff.

And LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ Wuzchamp inheriting a disaster.. He inherited a program built by a TOP 5 HC in the United Statez of America.. Golden inherited a program built by a career LB coach.

why do you keep repeating this nonsense? the same top 5 coach lost 5 games with that roster before departing and then left 65 scholarship players and 1 returning player at the qb position. the backup qb murphy was slow played by temple. people thought so highly of the talent we didn't have a single preseason all-sec team selection on offense, yes not even on the 3rd string. i believe we had 2 players in totality that made any preseason all-sec teams and don't recall any making an all-sec team after his first year. the roster was so 'stacked' we played more freshman than any team in the country his first year. if that's not a disaster i don't know what is.

Yeah, go try to convince someone else that Demps, Rainey, Thompson, Dubose, Reed, Burton were a bunch of talentless bums.

Further compare the players from the 2009 and #1 ranked 2010 class that Muschamp inherited to what Golden got from those respective years and then come talk to me about inheriting a disaster.

Lastly for anyone buying this gators BS. read this preview from CFN http://cfn.scout.com/2/1077352.html

Will Muschamp’s grace period ends ... wait for it … wait for it …

Now.

There’s no excuse for this to not be another wildly successful era of Florida football, at least in theory. Muschamp is as groomed and as prepared as any assistant can possibly be – he was probably ready for this gig five years ago – and he doesn’t have to go it alone. Charlie Weis as an offensive coordinator, even at a reported $2.625 million over the next three seasons, is a ridiculous steal, and defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is a great hire considering the Gator front four, with the right teaching, is more talented than the Seattle Seahawk line he spent the last year coaching.

The coaches are in place, the infrastructure of Florida athletics is peerless, and the cupboard is fully stocked with one of the five best talent bases in the country, if not No. 1. Everything is set up perfectly for a good coach to step in, turn the key, and win very, very big right away, meaning there’s more pressure on Muschamp than just about any other recent new coach has had to deal with.

Les Miles stepped in for Nick Saban at LSU and had to keep the national title-caliber program rolling, but that’s about it when it comes to recent seamless transfers of power at big-time schools. Lane Kiffin walked into a train wreck at USC; Derek Dooley will have streets named after him at Tennessee because he’s not Kiffin; Bo Pelini was an instant hit at Nebraska because he wasn’t Bill Callahan; Brady Hoke has already succeeded at Michigan by not being Rich Rodriguez; Al Golden is taking over the Miami job from an ineffective Randy Shannon; Brian Kelly had the luxury of following Weis at Notre Dame; Jimbo Fisher was seen as an energy boost for a stale Florida State; Nick Saban was seen as the savior from the moment he blew off the Miami Dolphins for the Alabama job; and woe to whatever poor soul will eventually dive into the hot mess in Columbus.

By comparison, Muschamp has everything set out for him on a silver platter, and that includes the climate. Urban Meyer might be a legend, but he also overstayed his welcome, leaving the program in desperate need of some fresh air. Fortunately for Muschamp, the 2010 recruiting class didn’t quite see it that way, bought into the line of bullmuffins that Meyer was slinging about how he’d be the head man at Florida for several seasons, and now there are plenty of fun toys to play around with.

Rebuilding needed to be done last year no matter what, and while going 8-5 is jump-off-a-bridge time in Gainesville, if you can find one there, it really wasn’t a total disaster considering 1) it was the first year after Tim Tebow, 2) NOTHING worked on offense, and 3) the puck was on the team’s stick against South Carolina with a chance to win the East title. This year, the right coaching staff is in place to handle a pro-style quarterback in John Brantley on offense and a slew of potential superstars on defense.

Weis has the quarterbacks to tutor and has speedsters in running backs Jeff Demps and Chris Rainey to utilize. If the line can be merely adequate, the attack can take an express boat off the land of misfit toys and should be devastating after Meyer’s offense was totally dysfunctional with the parts he had to work with. It might take a little time, and this offseason wasn’t exactly inspiring, but Weis knows how to get an offense moving when he’s not a head coach.

The defense was good last year and should be phenomenal this season if and when everyone matures at the same time, led by a line that might the best Muschamp has ever had to work with. There’s more star-power on the way from the incoming recruiting class for an already ultra-athletic secondary, and the linebacking corps should have a strong rotation to work around rock-solid starters Jelani Jenkins and Jonathan Bostic.

Muschamp’s job is to take what he’s been given and let the machine run, but he has already taken a page out of the Meyer paranoia playbook by closing off practices. That could either mean he’s taking care of business early on after a disappointing season, or it’s the first sign of pressure in a win-or-fail job. Either way, there’s no room for losing considering there’s no rebuilding to be done; a few adjustments need to be made.

Muschamp’s measuring stick will be national titles, with an s. He has the program, he has the support, he has the talent, and he has the right SEC division to be in. "

Advertisement
Coaching - Miami

LOLOL.

You can't

Yeah, go try to convince someone else that Demps, Rainey, Thompson, Dubose, Reed, Burton were a bunch of talentless bums.

Further compare the players from the 2009 and #1 ranked 2010 class that Muschamp inherited to what Golden got from those respective years and then come talk to me about inheriting a disaster.

Lastly for anyone buying this gators BS. read this preview from CFN http://cfn.scout.com/2/1077352.html

Now.

There’s no excuse for this to not be another wildly successful era of Florida football, at least in theory. Muschamp is as groomed and as prepared as any assistant can possibly be – he was probably ready for this gig five years ago – and he doesn’t have to go it alone. Charlie Weis as an offensive coordinator, even at a reported $2.625 million over the next three seasons, is a ridiculous steal, and defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is a great hire considering the Gator front four, with the right teaching, is more talented than the Seattle Seahawk line he spent the last year coaching.

The coaches are in place, the infrastructure of Florida athletics is peerless, and the cupboard is fully stocked with one of the five best talent bases in the country, if not No. 1. Everything is set up perfectly for a good coach to step in, turn the key, and win very, very big right away, meaning there’s more pressure on Muschamp than just about any other recent new coach has had to deal with.

Les Miles stepped in for Nick Saban at LSU and had to keep the national title-caliber program rolling, but that’s about it when it comes to recent seamless transfers of power at big-time schools. Lane Kiffin walked into a train wreck at USC; Derek Dooley will have streets named after him at Tennessee because he’s not Kiffin; Bo Pelini was an instant hit at Nebraska because he wasn’t Bill Callahan; Brady Hoke has already succeeded at Michigan by not being Rich Rodriguez; Al Golden is taking over the Miami job from an ineffective Randy Shannon; Brian Kelly had the luxury of following Weis at Notre Dame; Jimbo Fisher was seen as an energy boost for a stale Florida State; Nick Saban was seen as the savior from the moment he blew off the Miami Dolphins for the Alabama job; and woe to whatever poor soul will eventually dive into the hot mess in Columbus.

By comparison, Muschamp has everything set out for him on a silver platter, and that includes the climate. Urban Meyer might be a legend, but he also overstayed his welcome, leaving the program in desperate need of some fresh air. Fortunately for Muschamp, the 2010 recruiting class didn’t quite see it that way, bought into the line of bullmuffins that Meyer was slinging about how he’d be the head man at Florida for several seasons, and now there are plenty of fun toys to play around with.

Rebuilding needed to be done last year no matter what, and while going 8-5 is jump-off-a-bridge time in Gainesville, if you can find one there, it really wasn’t a total disaster considering 1) it was the first year after Tim Tebow, 2) NOTHING worked on offense, and 3) the puck was on the team’s stick against South Carolina with a chance to win the East title. This year, the right coaching staff is in place to handle a pro-style quarterback in John Brantley on offense and a slew of potential superstars on defense.

Weis has the quarterbacks to tutor and has speedsters in running backs Jeff Demps and Chris Rainey to utilize. If the line can be merely adequate, the attack can take an express boat off the land of misfit toys and should be devastating after Meyer’s offense was totally dysfunctional with the parts he had to work with. It might take a little time, and this offseason wasn’t exactly inspiring, but Weis knows how to get an offense moving when he’s not a head coach.

The defense was good last year and should be phenomenal this season if and when everyone matures at the same time, led by a line that might the best Muschamp has ever had to work with. There’s more star-power on the way from the incoming recruiting class for an already ultra-athletic secondary, and the linebacking corps should have a strong rotation to work around rock-solid starters Jelani Jenkins and Jonathan Bostic.

Muschamp’s job is to take what he’s been given and let the machine run, but he has already taken a page out of the Meyer paranoia playbook by closing off practices. That could either mean he’s taking care of business early on after a disappointing season, or it’s the first sign of pressure in a win-or-fail job. Either way, there’s no room for losing considering there’s no rebuilding to be done; a few adjustments need to be made.

Muschamp’s measuring stick will be national titles, with an s. He has the program, he has the support, he has the talent, and he has the right SEC division to be in. "

are you serious with this post? you can't stay consistent at all. so now late round picks are barometers of talent? this from the same guy arguing late rounders left by shannon for golden wasn't 'miami talent'? and what is that article supposed to prove exactly? those same people predicted miami to win 10 games and compete for the acc golden's first season based on what shannon left him, so using your logic miami was stacked with talent right? did this guy really pull some article from a preseason mag as proof uf was supposedly talented? so the lack of production, nfl picks, and all conference members and 65 scholarship players isn't proof they weren't talented but a puff piece from some writer is? lol this has to be a joke.

let's break it down. rainey and demps were 170 lb. scat backs recruited for the spread while muschamp runs an i-form downhill game. thompson went undrafted (and led uf in drops his last 3 years), demps went undrafted, reed was a 5th rounder and burton doesn't even have a position on the team. furthermore rainey missed 4 games in muschamp's rookie season for the time to die text scandal and demps missed multiple games as well.

now about recruiting classes. how dumb do you have to be to think recruiting rankings determine talent? again based on your logic golden inherited a team of seniors who were the #1 coming out...so miami was stacked with talent right? recruiting rankings mean a lot apparently. but i'll break it down for you. of the so-called #1 ranked class for uf in 10', 3 signees (coxson, dowling, and haden) all ranked 4-stars never even made it to campus. 7 more transferred (dunkley, christian, clark, mcfarland, shaw, trail, and agjabe), 3 before muschamp was even hired, all of those again ranked 4-stars, so that's 10 of 27 signees gone right there. remove those 10 from the class and what would it have been ranked? the remaining players:

neiron ball- backup linebacker, has less than 5 career starts
mack brown- backup running back and behind a true sophomore and true freshman currently, has less than 400 yards rushing in his CAREER and he's a redshirt junior
trey burton- nothing more than a wildcat qb
easley- very good starter
elam- stud
floyd- stud
chaz green- backup lineman and was passed over by a true freshman last year
darrin kitchens- backup linebacker
tyler murphy- backup qb and only other offer was temple, has been 3rd string his entire career
leon orr- backup
patton- backup, soon to be senior with less than 300 yards receiving in his CAREER
quinton dunbar- starter, mediocre. he lead our core with less than 400 yards receiving last year, hardly spectacular
powell-l#1 ranked player in the class, hasn't done much due to injury (missed all of last year and some of his sophomore year)
cody riggs- 3rd string corner
michael taylor- backup
jaylen watkins- nickel corner

so in a class of 27, 3 didn't make it on campus, 7 transferred, and of the remaining 17 only 5 starters in the group with elam, floyd, and easley being the only above average starter. this was the backbone of the team with no depth behind them, again, we had 65 players on scholarship...yep, that's a whole lot of talent :ohlord:.

the same is true for the 09' class. we signed 17 and 7 transferred (aljajian, ali, brown, finley, herbert, johnson, and parks). so we basically signed a 10 player class. that would be a total of 27 players signed over 2 years who from the 09' and 10' classes who stuck on the team...that was the backbone of the team muschamp inherited. now again...please tell me how that was so much talent? subtract the players who never made it to campus or transferred and those classes wouldn't even be in the top 25. you would know this had you done some research, which is why anyone with a clue knows it silly to look at recruiting rankings to judge talent. they can't help you if they don't make it to campus or leave after being there a year.

Last edited:
Killa, don't try reason with the guy. He's the same one who claimed the NCAA did not have ***** because no canes would talk. . . right before Wright and a few others sang like Canaries. He guesses, badly, and admits nothing.

Golden inherited Lamar Miller, Harris, Forston, Seantrel, Spence, Streeter and a couple other supposed studs and promptly went 6-6 in a joke of an ACC. Bottom line, Al ain't done ***** in 2 years in a weak league.

Muschamp inherited an 8-5 club that was a shell of its former self, and went 11-2 in the SEC his second year. That those facts might not be enough for Almighty to tell that Muschamp a good coach is not at all surprising. He needs more time.

LOLOL.

You can't

Now.

are you serious with this post? you can't stay consistent at all. so now late round picks are barometers of talent? this from the same guy arguing late rounders left by shannon for golden wasn't 'miami talent'? and what is that article supposed to prove exactly? those same people predicted miami to win 10 games and compete for the acc golden's first season based on what shannon left him, so using your logic miami was stacked with talent right? did this guy really pull some article from a preseason mag as proof uf was supposedly talented? so the lack of production, nfl picks, and all conference members and 65 scholarship players isn't proof they weren't talented but a puff piece from some writer is? lol this has to be a joke.

let's break it down. rainey and demps were 170 lb. scat backs recruited for the spread while muschamp runs an i-form downhill game. thompson went undrafted (and led uf in drops his last 3 years), rainey went undrafted, reed was a 5th rounder and burton doesn't even have a position on the team. furthermore rainey missed 4 games in muschamp's rookie season for the time to die text scandal and demps missed multiple games as well.

now about recruiting classes. how dumb do you have to be to think recruiting rankings determine talent? again based on your logic golden inherited a team of seniors who were the #1 coming out...so miami was stacked with talent right? recruiting rankings mean a lot apparently. but i'll break it down for you. of the so-called #1 ranked class for uf in 10', 3 signees (coxson, dowling, and haden) all ranked 4-stars never even made it to campus. 7 more transferred (dunkley, christian, clark, mcfarland, shaw, trail, and agjabe), 3 before muschamp was even hired, all of those again ranked 4-stars, so that's 10 of 27 signees gone right there. remove those 10 from the class and what would it have been ranked? the remaining players:

neiron ball- backup linebacker, has less than 5 career starts
mack brown- backup running back and behind a true sophomore and true freshman currently, has less than 400 yards rushing in his CAREER and he's a redshirt junior
trey burton- nothing more than a wildcat qb
easley- very good starter
elam- stud
floyd- stud
chaz green- backup lineman and was passed over by a true freshman last year
darrin kitchens- backup linebacker
tyler murphy- backup qb and only other offer was temple, has been 3rd string his entire career
leon orr- backup
patton- backup, soon to be senior with less than 300 yards receiving in his CAREER
quinton dunbar- starter, mediocre. he lead our core with less than 400 yards receiving last year, hardly spectacular
powell-l#1 ranked player in the class, hasn't done much due to injury (missed all of last year and some of his sophomore year)
cody riggs- 3rd string corner
michael taylor- backup
jaylen watkins- nickel corner

so in a class of 27, 3 didn't make it on campus, 7 transferred, and of the remaining 17 only 5 starters in the group with elam, floyd, and easley being the only above average starter. this was the backbone of the team with no depth behind them, again, we had 65 players on scholarship...yep, that's a whole lot of talent :ohlord:.

Earth to Killa, EVERY RECRUITING CLASS HAS ATTRITION. To use it as a "woe is us" excuse is being disingenuous. Miami's 2010 class 13 players either never made it, transferred or got kicked out. But boo hoo hoo UF.

Anyhow anyone that wants to argue that what Muschamp inherited was similar to Golden is FOS.

And UF did not have 65 scholarship players to open a season. Myth perpetuated by clueless gata fans.

Advertisement
Coaching - Miami

LOLOL.

You can't

Now.

141.gif

Look at their resume's. Golden is more proven up to this point. One year results doesn't make a coach.

I'm talking as a whole here.. I could give a flying **** how great of a DC Muschamp was considered. Meaningless to how he should be judged as a HC, as Shannon proved.
And as a whole Golden has the edge. Whatever Muschamp has done to date at UF(only 1 11 win season), pales in comparison to the miracle Golden did at Temple. Until proven otherwise, I liken Muschamps 11 wins season @ UF to Shannons 9 win season at Miami.

What about them beating the snot out of fsu last year?

Earth to Killa, EVERY RECRUITING CLASS HAS ATTRITION. To use it as a "woe is us" excuse is being disingenuous. Miami's 2010 class 13 players either never made it, transferred or got kicked out. But boo hoo hoo UF.

Anyhow anyone that wants to argue that what Muschamp inherited was similar to Golden is FOS.

And UF did not have 65 scholarship players to open a season. Myth perpetuated by clueless gata fans.

are you serious or just that stupid?

nobody is using it as a woe as me excuse. you stated he got significant contributions from those classes when he in fact did not. then you named some offensive players, 2 of which went undrafted, another who is a 5th round pick, and another who doesn't even have a position on the team as being 'talented.' only 27 players from those 2 classes remained on the team and of that bunch only a handful ever became starters. but hey they were ranked #1 on a recruiting site, it means they're talented! :ohlord:

and nobody has to claim anything, the proof is in the pudding. you said he inherited a program from a 'top 5 coach' but fail to mention that same top 5 coach lost 5 games with that roster before departing and then 13 starters had to be replaced the following year. you'd have to be the only fool to believe a team that lost 5 games and is replacing 13 starters is some loaded returning roster. particularly when the roster was depleted to 65 scholarships and so much holes that uf played more freshman than any school in the country the following year. and you really shouldn't be calling anybody clueless, you're the same guy who just used a preseason mag article as proof a team had a good roster, i'd think it was a joke if i didn't just see it posted. you can't keep a coherent argument to save your life. you claim shannon left golden no talent but the numbers show miami had more nfl players than uf yet you claim muschamp inherited a better situation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This game might as well be the Kickoff Classic at the Meadowlands as we'll have no home-field advantage. We're 20-11 at Son Life since they knocked down the OB and paved over my childhood.

Advertisement
This game is going to come down to 2 things for Miami to win.....

Our D being able to stop the run game from killing us (their RB Matt Jones is a beast) and Duke Johnson being able to step up big and show out against their stingy defense.

Those 2 things happens and Miami is going to win.

It wont be easy cuz Florida is going to have a much better offense then they did last year and their defense is better then ours (atleast until Miami proves it on the field)

Our D being able to stop the run game from killing us (their RB Matt Jones is a beast) and Duke Johnson being able to step up big and show out against their stingy defense.

It wont be easy cuz Florida is going to have a much better offense then they did last year and their defense is better then ours (atleast until Miami proves it on the field)

why i keep seeing this??...

What makes their o any better?..They lost their best rb in my opinion...their wr's still suck...and their big time te is gone..add to it their oline is trash...Just rewatched their last game against The Ville...But what can u point to to say they will be better on o....their qb looks the same as he did in high school where he was overrated.

why i keep seeing this??...

What makes their o any better?..They lost their best rb in my opinion...their wr's still suck...and their big time te is gone..add to it their oline is trash...Just rewatched their last game against The Ville...But what can u point to to say they will be better on o....their qb looks the same as he did in high school where he was overrated.

When I say that I think Driskell is going to be better i dont think he is going to be anywhere near as great of a qb as Morris.... i'm just saying that i dont think Driskell has been sitting on his *** all year. Also Morris said Driskell was one of the finalist he beat at the Manning Academy, it could mean nothing but it could also mean Driskell must have improved on some things for him to beat out some of the other qbs that competed to make it into the final round.

I didnt take in account how lackluster their o-line play was last year but who knows, they are going up against Miami's defense line and i dont know how good or bad either side will be until we play each other.

I think Matt Jones can be a threat at RB and as far as Receivers Florida has landed a lot of top talent like Demarcus Robinson, Ahmad Fulwood, Alvin Bailey, and Latroy Pittman (2012) who all look like playmakers atleast at the high school level. They also have Quinton Dunbar and Andre Dubose returning as veteran receivers to go along w/ Louchez Purifoy who converted from cb for some strange reason. I dont think they will look as explosive as Miami's offense but i still think they will be a better offensive team then last year.

are you serious or just that stupid?

nobody is using it as a woe as me excuse. you stated he got significant contributions from those classes when he in fact did not. then you named some offensive players, 2 of which went undrafted, another who is a 5th round pick, and another who doesn't even have a position on the team as being 'talented.' only 27 players from those 2 classes remained on the team and of that bunch only a handful ever became starters. but hey they were ranked #1 on a recruiting site, it means they're talented! :ohlord:

and nobody has to claim anything, the proof is in the pudding. you said he inherited a program from a 'top 5 coach' but fail to mention that same top 5 coach lost 5 games with that roster before departing and then 13 starters had to be replaced the following year. you'd have to be the only fool to believe a team that lost 5 games and is replacing 13 starters is some loaded returning roster. particularly when the roster was depleted to 65 scholarships and so much holes that uf played more freshman than any school in the country the following year. and you really shouldn't be calling anybody clueless, you're the same guy who just used a preseason mag article as proof a team had a good roster, i'd think it was a joke if i didn't just see it posted. you can't keep a coherent argument to save your life. you claim shannon left golden no talent but the numbers show miami had more nfl players than uf yet you claim muschamp inherited a better situation.

oh lawd the spin master keeps on..

1. UF did not have 65 scholarship players.. The fact that you keep on saying lessens your already suspect credibility. FYI they had 72.
USC had 67 going into their 2010 season that they went 8-5 in. So save the excuses.

2. Rainey ALL SEC 1st team and Deonte were UFA's that made their respective NFL squads and contributed. Deonte made the Raven's WR rotation, Streeter made the practice squad. So save the BS about non drafted players not having talent..

3. Muschamp inherited 8 future NFL draft picks that played for his first 2 seasons and 6 UFA's for a total of 14.. Golden inherited 2 drafted and 3 UFA's for a grand total of 5. Do the math, should be easy enough for you, and tell me what coach had more talent to work with their 1st 2 years?

I could stop here but I'll continue with the debunking..

4. Urban going 8-5 one season is not indicative of a program in the dumps as it is normal for even the best coaches to have those types of seasons after a multi year run..Happened to Tressel at OSU, Stoops at OU, Pete Carroll at USC etc.. So you saying Meyer had a 8-5 season in an attempt to somehow paint the picture of a "disastrous" is LULZ..

5.. At this point should I even bring up the NCAA investigation and suspensions that followed that Muschamp didn't have to deal with. Oops I just did..

But yeah your're right, Mushchamp inherited a much worse situation.. What a miracle worker he is. We're doomed come the 7th. LULZ

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back