UCF

With Richts playbook it is more than just a qb issue. Poor route combos... simple formations with no pre-snap motion. I could go on. Richt needs to scrap his playbook and install a true spread offense. We aren't beating good teams consistently with his plays and play calling.
We didn’t need no trick plays our receivers were burning the CB. There was always someone open. Malik didn’t do check downs and he stared down the receiver he was going to throw to gottdammit. Richt did an amazing job with a young man that wouldn’t be a starter anywhere else, be real come on now

My problem with the open receivers argument... a lot of the new offensive systems have moved away from relying on college kids going through progressions. (Briles, Malzahn, etc). Some of the best offenses make it easy for the QB to know where the ball should go.

Advertisement
Do they have more depth and talent than we do? Rolling with big bad Auburn...holding up in the trenches...getting off blocks and hitting not just tackling ala the Canes. Frost can coach and has obviously has a good staff. I long for the day when the Canes hit and push back ball carriers instead of hugging..grabbing while ball carriers always fall forward.

You guys are funny. Auburn is one win from a playoff birth. They lose, then get stuck playing freaking UCF. How do you get your players up for this game? They were sleep walking the entire first half. This is UCF super bowl vs Auburns toilet bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
UCF is making a case for themselves here. If they didn't drop GT off their schedule this season, they may be in the playoffs.

Tie game. This is what an offense should look like. UCF attacking deep both hashes...short routes...throws to te in the seam...rb out the back field. Even with no running game they are completing passes and moving the football. It's nice to have balance but if the run isn't working you should be able to find ways to move the football thru the air.

Last edited:
UCF is making a case for themselves here. If they didn't drop GT off their schedule this season, they may be in the playoffs.

I don’t understand what they’re play today has to do with the rest of their schedule during the season?

Advertisement

I don’t understand what they’re play today has to do with the rest of their schedule during the season?

The rest of their schedule affects their ranking and therefore their consideration for the playoffs. Ultimately today shows they were a legit team.

Tie game. This is what an offense should look like. UCF attacking deep both hashes...short routes...throws to te in the seam...rb out the back field. Even with no running game they are completing passes and moving the football. It's nice to have balance but if the run isn't working you should be able to find ways to move the football thru the air.
Hey GymCane I totally agree with you but it only works with an accurate passer.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The rest of their schedule affects their ranking and therefore their consideration for the playoffs. Ultimately today shows they were a legit team.

Lulz, ok then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its there qb.....u give us that guy this year we lose one game ......cant wait for the capatain to take over

Wow! Grolden really sucked at identifying talent..team is filled with guys from those recruiting classes.

We are so simple on offense UCF's D would look like OSU against us. Not multi-formational and very predictable by formation. There are 4 run plays in Richt's playbook. The passing offense doesn't attack the seams or the middle of the field at all. No slants or drag routes with screens that are extremely simple and poorly executed. We didn't run a middle screen all year. Richts offense and his playcalling are both very sub par. Don't think Perry or Williams will suddenly boost us in to an upper echelon high powered unit.

everything u posted i have been saying since like the 3rd game this season. Alot of fans will be in for a rude awakening next year. As bad as Rosier is alot of our problems on o is more systematic from blocking schemes to route combos. We dont have 4 runs in the play book unless your counting the wildcat....we may have 2. We havent ran a toss in 2 years.

Advertisement
Back