UCF

Auburn truly is a finesse team. We arent that physical either..but they arent blocking norton, Mcintosh and company all night.

But this is a canesinsight board..filled with bandwagoners..half of u f*cks are fiu fans anyway.

I would lay money on a regular season against ucf all day with the canes.

Ha, and you would lose your ***, Frost would coach circles around Richt. MR is old school and refuses to change, Frost is young, innovative, and plays to his strengths. If MR don't change his ways, which is why he was fired, he wont get us over that hump. His old team is in cfp, if he were still there they would not be. Hopefully he re-evaluates his game
even after the 2014 season when bobo left to coach colorado st guess what? CMR didnt call plays for georgia. its a wonder why georgia was so succesful earlier in richts tenure. oh and one last thing hows kirby fairing right now scumbag?

That was a long time ago man, have you seen the offenses that are dominating today? The games changed, and a lot of young guys originating from spread concepts are starting to take over. It' not so easy to just learn, and be great at a concept you never played or coached. Nothing against Richt, its just where the game has gone. Richt needs to hire a young, forward OC not named Jon Richt and have him eventually take over after he retires, because the OC would get another head coaching gig as soon as we had success.

i understand fam but lets see what we'll be saying next year around this time, God willing. I truly believe he'll open up the play book a bit more with an accurate passer.

Advertisement
Auburn truly is a finesse team. We arent that physical either..but they arent blocking norton, Mcintosh and company all night.

But this is a canesinsight board..filled with bandwagoners..half of u f*cks are fiu fans anyway.

Ha, and you would lose your ***, Frost would coach circles around Richt. MR is old school and refuses to change, Frost is young, innovative, and plays to his strengths. If MR don't change his ways, which is why he was fired, he wont get us over that hump. His old team is in cfp, if he were still there they would not be. Hopefully he re-evaluates his game
even after the 2014 season when bobo left to coach colorado st guess what? CMR didnt call plays for georgia. its a wonder why georgia was so succesful earlier in richts tenure. oh and one last thing hows kirby fairing right now scumbag?

That was a long time ago man, have you seen the offenses that are dominating today? The games changed, and a lot of young guys originating from spread concepts are starting to take over. It' not so easy to just learn, and be great at a concept you never played or coached. Nothing against Richt, its just where the game has gone. Richt needs to hire a young, forward OC not named Jon Richt and have him eventually take over after he retires, because the OC would get another head coaching gig as soon as we had success.

i understand fam but lets see what we'll be saying next year around this time, God willing. I truly believe he'll open up the play book a bit more with an accurate passer.

I'd be ecstatic to eat crow all over the place if Perry's the truth, our line mauls and everything just looks easy. I hope I'm wrong because I don't see Richt hiring any OC

Anyone notice how UCF's coaching staff called a timeout during the last drive of the game when their D was exhausted?

We were in a similar position at the end of the first half against Wisconsin with all 3 timeouts. Our staff needs to take a serious look in the mirror.

Any one remember that Snelson wr from UCF was once committed to us. LOL. That kid and Smith may be the best wr tandem in the state.

he was a headcase and honestly was a steal for ucf Hes a higher caliber player. Not the best wr tandem in the state but You should be a golden night fan.

Kid was from Booker T, at one time was committed to Minnesota as well as Miami

American Heritage. Got kicked out of there or left before he would be tried to transfer to STA...They told him to kick rocks we dont need you..went to Flanagan his last year. I believe they won states. Hes a big 3 level player.

congrats , you have won the 1000th post on "opening up the playbook".

Advertisement

congrats , you have won the 1000th post on "opening up the playbook".

mind your business **** gobbler no one was asking for your opinion or approval.

The Big XII "almost" expansion a while back was the last chance UCF realistically had for a chance at the P5 no matter how many students (not always a plus) or their erector set stadium (already needing serious repairs) The landscape has changed:

- The next rights fee round will not be as lucrative. The tech companies, seen as a saviour, are much smarter with their $$$, E$ECPN, Fox (who just did a deal) are hurting and will pay less...Less money to go around to existing members.

- Prestige/Flash in the pan factor. Nobody wants a directional school not named "Southern California" especially one ranked #171 in US News. Flash in the pan? Yeah, Swofford allowing entry by Louisville into the ACC is looking dumber by the day. Academic mismatch, scandal-plagued and not winning even the Tax Slayer. Long term, they are a middle feeder and should be jettisoned for someone like Army (football-only). I'm sure the Louisville debacle has been studied (well, laughed at) by the other P5 conferences.

As a matter of course, SEC Blocked by UF, ACC Blocked by FSU/UM

Unless radical change occurs in CFB, G5 for the foreseeble future.

I went to UCF and have followed them pretty closely all season. What Scott Frost has done, inheriting a team that went 0-12 and going 12-0 two years later, is nothing short of incredible. His offense is innovative and fun for kids to play in (and fans to watch). He's game savvy and aggressive. (UCF rarely settled for field goals, often converting 4th down attempts, using timeouts appropriately to set his offense up). I mean, they scored more than anybody else in FBS this year. They have skill guys who could easily be starting a majority of P5 teams.

With all that said, Auburn was caught off guard and was most definitely sleep walking. That was by far, the best game UCF's defense has played all year. They were consistently roasted by AAC offenses, just nobody noticed because the offense scored so much, they'd win 55-35. Their front seven is pretty solid. A couple of NFL types on the D line and a pretty solid group of linebackers including Griffin (who everybody knows can play). Unlike UCF teams in the past, they don't get overpowered by bigger teams like Auburn. They really struggle against spread teams with dynamic QBs who play fast. There's a big drop-off when they go nickle or have to sub DBs. There's no excuse for that Auburn team who played realy well against some really good defenses to have played so poorly against a mediocre (at best) defense.

It was most definitely UCF's superbowl and kudos to them for bringing their A game. While they may not have a roster full of 4 and 5 star guys, their talent level isn't like some MAC squad either. It's very comparable to most middle of the road P5 programs. Highly unlikely they'd go undefeated in a P5 conference but they'd be a bowl team without a doubt.

It's got to be a brutal dose of reality to wake up today as a UCF fan and your whole staff that engineered the turnaround is gone.
I will be eternally grateful to Nebraska for getting frost away from UF too! Major *** up by UF to allow that IMO.

Advertisement
It's got to be a brutal dose of reality to wake up today as a UCF fan and your whole staff that engineered the turnaround is gone.
I will be eternally grateful to Nebraska for getting frost away from UF too! Major *** up by UF to allow that IMO.

They've known he was gone for a month now. Most knew he was gone the second the Nebraska job opened. UF had no chance.

They've known he was gone for a month now. Most knew he was gone the second the Nebraska job opened. UF had no chance.

I know, my point was if they had they lost it would have been less painful to an extent, but having won...

Advertisement
Back