2024 UA All American Game 1/3/2024

Advertisement
No offense but people *****ed and moaned about pickett not being able to add weight but at least he has production. Lightfoot scares me more plus he doesnt even have senior highlights on his HUDL which is also concerning.

No offense but people *****ed and moaned about pickett not being able to add weight but at least he has production. Lightfoot scares me more plus he doesnt even have senior highlights on his HUDL which is also concerning.
For whatever reason lots of people here automatically assumed Pickett and Cyrus Moss were essentially the same person. My only concern with Pickett is finding his best position. To me he's a d end but the staff may put him at OLB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami has Justin Scott, Marquis Lightfoot, Ny Carr, Zaquan Patterson, and late add Deryc Plazz in this game.

Justin Scott measured in 6'4 299 today.

Lightfoot 6'4 basically 212

-- Miami-bound Top247 receiver Ny Carrwas another skill player with excellent length, measuring a 33 1/2-inch arm that accompanied a respectable 9 1/4-inch hand. Pretty wild numbers for a pass catcher who measured 5-10 3/4, 170 pounds.
Lightfoot more like lightintheass. Hopefully he will be more successful putting on weight than Cyrus Moss.

Advertisement
Wish people would stop bringing up Moss name

That kid had something else going on besides not just being able to add weight

99% of these kids come in and can add weight, just depends if they keep their skill sets

1704212781876.png

Advertisement

From the Eye test Booker Picket, Stone and Zina Umeozulu dominated.

For booker picket reps go to 1:50 and 3:03. Pickett is FAST and uses his movements and hands well. Very impressed by his pass rush moves.

in the front we use Wes as an Edge just slot Booker there.He is different. He's probably never getting above 235...but he has the bend needed and if we can play him in a wide 9 or in that front situationally im good with it...Hes a waste if they are trying an off the ball lb.

One thing about Mack we can all agree on is that the comp level he's seeing this week is not a shock to his system. He's literally been raised up competing with Tier 1 talent. Jit been going against national competition since he was a Raven.

Like you mentioned, he should be very polished for a true freshman. Legacy, Coach's son, STA kid, Elite 7v7 participant. Definitely not a case of the kid from West Bubba **** feasting on future heavy equipment operators.

If he develops physically, I think he can the pleasant surprise of the '24 class...
I was high on Mack for the same reason stated. ...and he showed progress early on in the national game they played.

He had the graham kid locked up majority of time in their one on ones...not sure why folks thought he was a safety but Mack is a kid i teach that slot corner spot and let him grow there...nice feet and from what i remember he is a willing tackler even at his size.

Advertisement
Back