2024 UA All American Game 1/3/2024

I know I’ve joked about Lightfoot and Pickett’s weight, but we seriously need to give them a chance next year. Idc how young and skinny they are. These kids have elite bend and quickness. Make college level tackles prove they can stay in front of these guys on 3rd and long. If they are ineffective, fine redshirt them. But you can’t just give them a shirt without even seeing what they can do in a real game. We desperately need guys who can get to the QB. Our DB’s need all the help they can get.
Luckily we don't have any depth at DE so both should find playing time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Watching the game Pickett didn’t look that lean to me. Folks at 247 said he’s about 215. I thought he was closer to 6’2 but he definitely is closer to 6’4. Technically, he was unbelievable! Elite speed rushing moves. He’s got killer spin move, great bend, I even saw him rip through a tackle and power through a double team by the back. I’m blown away at how good he looked. This is a ceiling comp but he’s got Brian Burns explosiveness.

Agree on everything else. Hayes was a non factor but 6’4 230 is serious business for a MLB.

According to Rivals and On3 both Pickett and Mack will receive sizeable bumps in the rankings. 247 said earlier this week Jojo may be in store for one as well.

Apparently Lightfoot looks like the best speed rusher at the All American practices and Scott has been steady as the top DT. Insane that we may have hit on all these guys. Top notch evaluations happening. Even the guys we missed on that we really wanted are ballin out.
I think that Brian burns comp is legit for Booker Pickett man get him up to 235 or 240 by his 2nd year and he'll be a menace off the edge. Now I see why he got 70 plus sacks in high school

In terms of Pickett, I think he may not contribute for a while outside of situational pass rushing snaps. I don’t know why all of a sudden there are no worries with his frame. Still a take because he is Uber athletic, produced in the Tampa area and is a legacy and cousin to the best safety this new cycle.
This was my exact evaluation of him. Situational pass rusher and possible special teams guy on kickoff defense next year.

Lightfoot is similar to Moss in that he needs a year.

There is no Bain in this class, probably in the country.

I can see Lightfoot getting there since he's already 215. But Booker? IIRC, he's closer to 200 than 220. will be a tough stretch for him to get to 235 by season's start unless he's on @JHallCanes offseason weight training program.
Austin Powers Laser GIF

Advertisement
I think that Brian burns comp is legit for Booker Pickett man get him up to 235 or 240 by his 2nd year and he'll be a menace off the edge. Now I see why he got 70 plus sacks in high school
That’s the thing though for every Burns there are 100 prospects like Ricardo Williams. Hopefully Booker is that guy but it’s not a gimme.

I always preferred the Army game idky just always liked it better

It's been around forever. Everything leading up to it and during the week, it's like a well oiled machine. It also helps that it's on locals across the land on Saturday, not mid week like the UA game always has been. That aspect of the UA game was always a head scratcher for me. That right there also says how it's perceived even though they've had good players since they started up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In terms of pro comparison, he reminds me of Tre White, not the fastest, not the biggest, but he's active in coverage and is all over his man. When healthy White was very sticky against WR and seems to always be in the right position every play.

Everyone complaining about Lightfoots weight remember that Brian Burns was listed at 209lbs coming out of American Heritage. That’s who I comp for Lightfoot. Hopefully he ends up as a 250lb monster that goes in the 1st round.
I think it's his weight and height. How tall is booker On3 has him at 6'2 and 247 has him at 6'3 I know burns was 6'5 at the combine. Either way he's productive though at the HS level.

Advertisement
Back