U of Mich to Hold Spring practice in FL (holy Crap)

Advertisement

Dead period does not restrict local prospects from attending practice even if coaches are not allowed to communicate with them......seriously, you can't be this naive?

The practice would need to be open to the public. The rules are straight forward and easy to read.

Yes, and tell me how that isn't a significant recruiting advantage?

Flew right over ya.
Amazing.

Dead period does not restrict local prospects from attending practice even if coaches are not allowed to communicate with them......seriously, you can't be this naive?

The practice would need to be open to the public. The rules are straight forward and easy to read.

Flew right over ya.
Amazing.

Because unless it's open to the public recruits can't attend. If they start doing it every year it's a simple 1 week of warm practice they can sell to their recruits. I am not sure they want to mention how warm it is in Florida during the spring to recruits either.

Flew right over ya.
Amazing.

Because unless it's open to the public recruits can't attend. If they start doing it every year it's a simple 1 week of warm practice they can sell to their recruits. I am not sure they want to mention how warm it is in Florida during the spring to recruits either.

So you think it is to be able to sell recruits on 1 week Spring football in Florida rather than increasing visibility to Michigan to IMG and FL recruits?

Advertisement
[MENTION=1]Andrew[/MENTION] thinks that Alabama got new practice facilities for Dr. Phillips in Orlando just to show their support. Had nothing to do with getting Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix.

If this was true it would only play into our biggest negative recruiting tool over Michigan.

I mean if the coaches would rather be in Florida, why shouldn't you?

I also think it make no sense for them... Time to get those pups used to the freezing weather now.

Umich would get to meet, in person, 200+ prospects & their parents. Beyond worth it. It's hard to get kids on campus for an official

Combine spring practice (umich players bonding w/ recruits, get to meet parents + show recruits they fit in the offense) with the camp they hold at FAU (get to evaluate all those kids, sell those kids on the program again) and michigan gets a huge boost - much easier to get kids on one of their five officials.

If this was true it would only play into our biggest negative recruiting tool over Michigan.

I also think it make no sense for them... Time to get those pups used to the freezing weather now.

Umich would get to meet, in person, 200+ prospects & their parents. Beyond worth it. It's hard to get kids on campus for an official

Combine spring practice (umich players bonding w/ recruits, get to meet parents + show recruits they fit in the offense) with the camp they hold at FAU (get to evaluate all those kids, sell those kids on the program again) and michigan gets a huge boost - much easier to get kids on one of their five officials.

It is during the quite period therefore the coaches can't meet recruits or players off campus. If that was their agenda they would instead host a summer camp at IMG.

From the article I linked

"Quiet periodThe quiet period tightens things a bit more, preventing any off-campus contact or viewing. Visits to the college's campus and written or electronic communications are still permitted.

Coaches often try to have prospects visit campus unofficially during this time in the spring and early summer, so that they can become familiar with campus."

Advertisement

It is during the quite period therefore the coaches can't meet recruits or players off campus. If that was their agenda they would instead host a summer camp at IMG.

THEY ALREADY HOLD SATELLITE CAMPS DOWN HERE DURING THE SUMMER.

Dude you trying to hard.....and we dont even get it?...want to be a mIchigan fan....??

sole purpose is for recruiting..and you have a ho hum attitude..talking about the "quiet period" etc..like any one gives/follows these b.s. ncaa rules brah.

Dude you trying to hard.....and we dont even get it?...want to be a mIchigan fan....??

sole purpose is for recruiting..and you have a ho hum attitude..talking about the "quiet period" etc..like any one gives/follows these b.s. ncaa rules brah.

Bottom line is they can't interact with recruits off campus during this time. If anything it highlights how cold it is up in Michigan during the Spring. Michigan is not considering going to IMG so they can commit recruit violations. They have a 60m dollar surplus and IMG is probably the only place that could accommodate them during that time of year. Kudus to the coaches at IMG for setting this up, it highlights their facilities.

Perhaps we should setup some camps in Atlanta, DFW and LA?

Bottom line is they can't interact with recruits off campus during this time. If anything it highlights how cold it is up in Michigan during the Spring. Michigan is not considering going to IMG so they can commit recruit violations. They have a 60m dollar surplus and IMG is probably the only place that could accommodate them during that time of year. Kudus to the coaches at IMG for setting this up, it highlights their facilities.

just trying to figure this out though....why in florida?....why not california?...why not a bunch of other southeastern states?
They dont have to have "contact" witht hem just post the date of their practices/scvrimmage and have all their targets in the area..show up..lol..especially the img kids anyway.

Yea i think we should hold satellite camps in Metro Atlant, we should have been there....there were michigan coaches at a famu camp i took my cousin to down here in broward...They came there for the sole purpose of getting extra tme to speak to their real targets...

Advertisement

just trying to figure this out though....why in florida?....why not california?...why not a bunch of other southeastern states?
They dont have to have "contact" witht hem just post the date of their practices/scvrimmage and have all their targets in the area..show up..lol..especially the img kids anyway.

Yea i think we should hold satellite camps in Metro Atlant, we should have been there....there were michigan coaches at a famu camp i took my cousin to down here in broward...They came there for the sole purpose of getting extra tme to speak to their real targets...

I live in metro Atlanta and have also lived in Dallas Texas and it's cold during March in both places. Not a lot of schools have dorms and those type of facilities. Huston high schools have good facilities but no dorms. You are right kids could show up and watch if it's open to the public.

Related to IMG, they just pulled the top FR OL in the state of Texas this week, a kid from freaking Allen.... (which is the current TX HS FB juggernaut). IMG's about to become a big problem nationally for HS coaches who have elite kids, and I'm thinking coaches like Harbaugh are smart to get in on it early.

It appears that only in person contact is prohibited, therefore, I'd expect there to be massive amounts of allowed communication on this recruiting visit.

The concept of negative recruiting against this will be easily dismissed by Harbaugh.

Recruit: The weather is so bad in Michigan you had to come to Florida?

Harbaugh: No. We came to Florida for you and can't wait to show you our campus and talk more in person. It also allows our student athletes an experience that other students often have of going away for break.

Advertisement
It appears that only in person contact is prohibited, therefore, I'd expect there to be massive amounts of allowed communication on this recruiting visit.

There is no visit and no in person contact off of campus. Sure a recruit can call the call if you likes but that doesn't make a bit of difference.

"Quiet Period. A period when it is permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts only on the institution's campus. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts or evaluations may be made during the quiet period."

How can the players go to class if they're at spring practice thousands of miles away from Ann Arbor? So are they allowed by the NCAA to just drop out of college in the spring now and return to class in the fall?

Last edited:

All of those places are freezing compared to Coral Gables.

Related to IMG, they just pulled the top FR OL in the state of Texas this week, a kid from freaking Allen.... (which is the current TX HS FB juggernaut). IMG's about to become a big problem nationally for HS coaches who have elite kids, and I'm thinking coaches like Harbaugh are smart to get in on it early.

they just got Dylan Moses from LA

Advertisement
Back