U of Mich to Hold Spring practice in FL (holy Crap)

Advertisement
In 1993 we had a blizzard in GA so I can see why they want to do this. If school is out on sprin break I don't see the issue.

I don't have a problem with it.

Good for them. Harbaugh wants to win and will do what it takes to put his program on top.

This really doesn't matter. 1) It's not our recruiting back yard, 2) Michigan might be able to grab a kid or two, but the volume of quality it would take for them to start getting for it to hurt is unattainable and 3) If we were good, we wouldn't even care about this in the slightest. As previously mentioned thats more FSU/UF territory, and I'm sure they'll let their displeasure be known.

Coach Richt is about to do some work. Just wait until next cycle when he runs it from beginning to end.

"The Detroit Free Press reports Harbaugh and his Wolverines program is going to try to hold at least a portion of its spring practice at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida . . . . The idea still needs conference and NCAA approval. But no one could blame the Wolverines for wanting to get away from Michigan during the winter."

Classic. Great journalism there.

Advertisement
Not worried about Michigan, but it could be a bad precedent. You want Clemson and other schools pulling stunts like this?

Clearly a bunch of posters have never lived outside of Florida. This isn't some gimmick to steal south Florida players...

Clearly a bunch of posters have never lived outside of Florida. This isn't some gimmick to steal south Florida players...

It absolutely is. My friend is a Michigan alum and diehard fan. They currently only have one guy committed from MI, and zero from Ohio. They have to strengthen their national brand.

Advertisement
Vacation in Bradenton? Uh, I don't think so dude.

Leaving Ann Arbor, Michigan for a 10 minute drive to the beach in perfect mid 80's sunny Florida.

Sounds horrible.

I'm from Bradenton I would know. It is a vacation it's like 15 min to Siesta Key and Saint Armand's circle. Same with Lido beach, it is a vacation both of those beaches are two of the nicest in the U.S.

Do some of you honestly think this isn't a recruiting effort? LOL.

Kids will be lining up to take unofficials.

"The Detroit Free Press reports Harbaugh and his Wolverines program is going to try to hold at least a portion of its spring practice at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida . . . . The idea still needs conference and NCAA approval. But no one could blame the Wolverines for wanting to get away from Michigan during the winter."

Classic. Great journalism there.

Too be fair,right now schools are in "SPRING" semester. And while they call it spring, technically speaking, we are still in winter until March 19th. So while what he said may sound weird, it makes prefect sense...

Advertisement
So after all these years, Michigan wants to hold spring practice in Florida, at IMG, and some of you think it has nothing to do with recruiting, just a weather break?

Bradeton is not our backyard.....wtf? That has more impact on the swamp reptile and FSU. I'd be tempted to be OK with it actually. Some of those players in that area, we will never get

Agreed. This won't really impact us, it not the SOM.

The state of Miami is everything south of Interstate 4 which runs east to west from Daytona Beach to Tampa. So Bradenton is within the SOM.

Go Canes

All the florida coaches should attend the camp as well. Just sit in the stands and throw up a hand gun symbol when Harbaugh looks over.

Advertisement
1. He is doing what he needs to do make Mich competitive against Southern schools.
2. He already holds camps in the southeast.
3. If the SEC doesn't like it then it won't be approved.
4. We in Florida and if you win and recruit your *** off then he'll get only what's left.

University of Michigan spent $30 million for their IPF, let them use it and keep their spring practice out of Florida.

If they are allowed to come to Florida then the practices and an scrimmages should be closed to the public.

Go Canes

[video=youtube_share;G_9zbxTlen0]http://youtu.be/G_9zbxTlen0[/video]

Last edited:
Just shaking my head at what appears to be the majority of folks on this board who doesn't think this is a big deal.......SMFH.

Sounds like you folks would be the type of mopes who wouldn't be bothered if your wife's personal trainer moves into your house.....smh

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back