Tyson Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both teams we're trying to fight off Campbell for will now be playing in the Natty. Fantastic.

Which probably means not much playing time for two years since championship teams are going to be 3 or 4 deep.

doesn't stop Bama from snagging anyone they want down here for the most part.

List who they have gotten down here that Miami recruited.... Miami has gotten their fair share in head to head battles too

If you wanna talk about sofla alone

Ridley
Cooper
Jeudy
Burgess-Becker (ended up transferring but we wanted him)
A-Rob (Ditto)
Jobe
Cowan (FSU beat us out 1st, but we definitely wanted, so although not one of the key ones on this list, still fits your criteria)
D.Wright (others beat us out too, we were way down the list)
E.Jackson (late bloomer who improved academically, but yes we offered and they beat us out in January)

Us:
Hall
Pope
Richards
Maybe J.Johnson?

Anyone else in recent 5-6 years we bumped heads with? Cager? But I'm talking sofla kids as I believe this thread was as well.

Advertisement
Both teams we're trying to fight off Campbell for will now be playing in the Natty. Fantastic.

Which probably means not much playing time for two years since championship teams are going to be 3 or 4 deep.

List who they have gotten down here that Miami recruited.... Miami has gotten their fair share in head to head battles too

Ridley
Cooper
Jeudy
A-Rob (Ditto)
Jobe
Cowan (FSU beat us out 1st, but we definitely wanted, so although not one of the key ones on this list, still fits your criteria)
E.Jackson (late bloomer who improved academically, but yes we offered and they beat us out in January)

Us:
Hall
Pope
Richards
Maybe J.Johnson?

Anyone else in recent 5-6 years we bumped heads with? Cager? But I'm talking sofla kids as I believe this thread was as well.

The main problem with the presented argument is that "Miami gets their fair share." That's a beta mentality - we SHOULD expect to get every top target we want down here. They should not have to get their fair share, rather other teams get the people that Miami doesn't want. Until we get to that point, we will not cross over to the elite category.

Ridley
Cooper
Jeudy
A-Rob (Ditto)
Jobe

Us:
Hall
Pope
Richards
Maybe J.Johnson?

Chad Thomas was a huge Miami/Bama battle
Joe Jackson was way high on their board
RJ had a Bama offer

off the top of my head.

There's plenty of blame to be shared between Diaz/Rumph/Banda for UVA's Benkert starting 19-of-19, Pitt's backup freshman QB beating us in his first ever start, Clemson's Bryant starting 15-of-15, Wisky's Hornibrook going from turnover-prone game manager to Steve Young, and our DBs struggling mightily in contested situations as Wisky's receivers made them look completely outclassed.

If Campbell signs here, Rumph will be justifiably praised. But if we lose that battle after how egregiously the Jobe and Samuel recruitments were misread/mishandled to go along with the poor finishes of the past two cycles, then legitimate discussion needs to take place about staff structure.

With the 10th assistant spot, who else would love to go after someone like Kendall Briles? A new special teams coach? An LB coach who would preferably be a savage defensive recruiter? We only have room to address 1 of those needs in part because we devote 2 spots on the staff to the secondary.

Just a thought, did you ever consider that some of these QB's have career days against Miami because it has been **** near impossible for their offensive lines to get called for holding. These guys can sit back there and take their time, step and zip the ball in most of the time.

Ridley
Cooper
Jeudy
A-Rob (Ditto)
Jobe

Us:
Hall
Pope
Richards
Maybe J.Johnson?

From south Florida only? Add Deon bush, Artie burns, Chad Thomas, joe Jackson to the list as well for us

Last edited:
Advertisement

Ridley
Cooper
Jeudy
A-Rob (Ditto)
Jobe

Us:
Hall
Pope
Richards
Maybe J.Johnson?

The main problem with the presented argument is that "Miami gets their fair share." That's a beta mentality - we SHOULD expect to get every top target we want down here. They should not have to get their fair share, rather other teams get the people that Miami doesn't want. Until we get to that point, we will not cross over to the elite category.

Not really, when has Miami "Always gotten" ever top target? We haven't. There are always going to be delflectors the goal is to keep the majority of these kids home.

We are comparing a growing Miami, with a finished product in Bama. Going back 4-6 years ago Chad Thomas, Deon Bush and Oliver Vernon did choose Miami over Bama. And they were rewarded with subpar coaching and no championships. Cooper was an after thought until he got to Bama and become the beast he was there and is today. It is only more recent in the last 3 years that Bama has been harder to ward off for these players but winning an insane amount of Championships and dropping huge bags make that tougher for these kids to say no.

As Miami continues to grow as a Modern football program, build a new current legacy of winning and developing players for the next level we might see less of these battles but So Fla talent isn't some little known secret that only Bama and Miami know about. So if it's not them it will be someone else we will be fighting off.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There's plenty of blame to be shared between Diaz/Rumph/Banda for UVA's Benkert starting 19-of-19, Pitt's backup freshman QB beating us in his first ever start, Clemson's Bryant starting 15-of-15, Wisky's Hornibrook going from turnover-prone game manager to Steve Young, and our DBs struggling mightily in contested situations as Wisky's receivers made them look completely outclassed.

If Campbell signs here, Rumph will be justifiably praised. But if we lose that battle after how egregiously the Jobe and Samuel recruitments were misread/mishandled to go along with the poor finishes of the past two cycles, then legitimate discussion needs to take place about staff structure.

With the 10th assistant spot, who else would love to go after someone like Kendall Briles? A new special teams coach? An LB coach who would preferably be a savage defensive recruiter? We only have room to address 1 of those needs in part because we devote 2 spots on the staff to the secondary.

Just a thought, did you ever consider that some of these QB's have career days against Miami because it has been **** near impossible for their offensive lines to get called for holding. These guys can sit back there and take their time, step and zip the ball in most of the time.

We're far from the only team in the country that believes we don't get enough penalties called in our favor. Lack of holding calls don't account for 19-of-19 or 15-of-15 type of hot streaks like Benkert and Bryant had against us. They don't account for Wisky's pedestrian receiver group dominating our DBs at the catch point every single time.

Results, not excuses.

I for the most part like what Diaz has done with the D. We play hard and tackle pretty **** well but I agree. We made some QB's look really good this year.

Bama literally shut down Clemson and Bryant had a hey day against us. I know we aren't where Bama is yet but we have some really good pieces on the D to where some of the numbers we gave up are mind boggling.

There's plenty of blame to be shared between Diaz/Rumph/Banda for UVA's Benkert starting 19

Ridley
Cooper
Jeudy
A-Rob (Ditto)
Jobe

Us:
Hall
Pope
Richards
Maybe J.Johnson?

RJ had a Bama offer

off the top of my head.

How many kids from the state of Alabama does UM go in and steal? I'm talking kids with legit offers from Alabama and Auburn who they really want.

Advertisement
Why is this not about Tyson Campbell? Is he gone already so that the justification police can come out defending who we've landed instead...

[TWEET]948269711887884288[/TWEET]
Barton Simmons just said he’s making a strong case for #1 cb

Advertisement

Ridley
Cooper
Jeudy
A-Rob (Ditto)
Jobe

Us:
Hall
Pope
Richards
Maybe J.Johnson?

RJ had a Bama offer

off the top of my head.

How many kids from the state of Alabama does UM go in and steal? I'm talking kids with legit offers from Alabama and Auburn who they really want.

We have to fly 2-3 hours to recruit 10 potential kids OR
We drive less than 60 minutes to recruit 50 potential kids and can do that any day of the week!

I'm ****ed as most that Bama and OSU can get kids to pack bags but that is what happens when you are located in the best recruiting region in the country. No other big programs are near South Florida unlike Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, DC, LA and LSU doesn't have nearly as many top recruits in their region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back