Tyson Campbell recruitment??

From Ivins: Last week Miami sent Manny Diaz, Ephraim Banda, Mike Rumph and Kuligowski all to meet with Tyson Campbell, Nesta Silvera, Patrick Surtain Jr. and Andrew Chatfield the first day that the coaches were out on the road. Multiple sources have stated that those conversations went well especially with Silvera who continues to tell the Hurricanes he's solid on his pledge to the local school despite increased interest from other programs like Florida. It was previously reported that Silvera would take his official visit to Miami this upcoming weekend, but with him not expected to sign early, it looks like he will be in Coral Gables at some point in January for a 'special weekend' of sorts with the rest of the American Heritage kids.

One source added that he thinks Surtain Jr. is still probably a long shot to end up at Miami given the possibility that his dad could be hired as a 10th assistant at a college next month, but the Hurricanes do appear to have picked up some recent traction in the recruitment. Campbell continues to keep quiet, but we have heard conversations between him and Rumph have gone great. Alabama and Georgia remain the biggest threats to Miami. Chatfield's mom likes UM's academics and is a fan of the school's graduation rate for student-athletes. The former Ohio State commits has the Hurricanes in his his Top 4 along with Florida, LSU and Oklahoma.

Gut feeling: We get 3/4 of the Heritage kids. Hard to keep Surtain from going to his dream school even on a down year, look no further than a guy like Duke or walton.

That dream school chit is getting old. Only thing LSU has over us is his dad was a fan...his dad...not him. I’m rolling with what Pete said in his podcast, we get Campbell then Surtain comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Only way we don’t get Surtain is if someone hires his dad, which I think is likely given the panic LSU and UF are feeling that UM is going to snag Surtain. Question then becomes does his dad want to move somewhere when his family is established in South Florida just to take a job that he might not really want and probably doesn’t need.

From Ivins: Last week Miami sent Manny Diaz, Ephraim Banda, Mike Rumph and Kuligowski all to meet with Tyson Campbell, Nesta Silvera, Patrick Surtain Jr. and Andrew Chatfield the first day that the coaches were out on the road. Multiple sources have stated that those conversations went well especially with Silvera who continues to tell the Hurricanes he's solid on his pledge to the local school despite increased interest from other programs like Florida. It was previously reported that Silvera would take his official visit to Miami this upcoming weekend, but with him not expected to sign early, it looks like he will be in Coral Gables at some point in January for a 'special weekend' of sorts with the rest of the American Heritage kids.

One source added that he thinks Surtain Jr. is still probably a long shot to end up at Miami given the possibility that his dad could be hired as a 10th assistant at a college next month, but the Hurricanes do appear to have picked up some recent traction in the recruitment. Campbell continues to keep quiet, but we have heard conversations between him and Rumph have gone great. Alabama and Georgia remain the biggest threats to Miami. Chatfield's mom likes UM's academics and is a fan of the school's graduation rate for student-athletes. The former Ohio State commits has the Hurricanes in his his Top 4 along with Florida, LSU and Oklahoma.

Gut feeling: We get 3/4 of the Heritage kids. Hard to keep Surtain from going to his dream school even on a down year, look no further than a guy like Duke or walton.

That dream school chit is getting old. Only thing LSU has over us is his dad was a fan...his dad...not him. I’m rolling with what Pete said in his podcast, we get Campbell then Surtain comes.

The dream school nonsense has been completely debunked by Surtain’s actions. If LSU was his dream school he would have committed to them a long time ago. He’s had an offer forever.

"Special Weekend with the Hertiage kids" judging by how well we have done with OVs the past 2 years, especially ones targeted towards specific recruits, THEY COMIN

Chatfield wrote 305 on his wrapped wrist.

24955360_1914809158546503_4454079781094586931_o.jpg

Who's #99 ? Jobe?

I'll throw you a bone brah, I thought it was funny.

Advertisement

Get em both on campus with Chatfield and Silvera for their officials. Lock Chatfield up and sell them all on playing together... beat it into their heads until that's all that they can talk about. 2 weeks before their visit we'll be allowed to hire the 10th coach. Lock up Surtain Sr and I guarantee we get all 4.

How y’all feel about us offering Surtain Sr as our 10th coach? Think it’s worth it?

We've got to address special teams one way or another. If he can come in and make the units better then absolutely. If he comes in and he and Hartley are co-ST coordinators and he's a defensive assistant then sure. 10th assistant, whether he can recruit or not, has to be involved with ST and clean that **** up.

Advertisement
Only way we don’t get Surtain is if someone hires his dad, which I think is likely given the panic LSU and UF are feeling that UM is going to snag Surtain. Question then becomes does his dad want to move somewhere when his family is established in South Florida just to take a job that he might not really want and probably doesn’t need.

Working 80 hours/week and sucking up to high school kids when you are already a millionaire in the first place? Getting to coach his son more would be enticing too. Don't know the family but hopefully he just wants to sit back and watch his son as a fan after coaching him the last 4 years in HS

Plus, I don’t really see Surtain taking a college job. The guy is 41 years old. What kind of 41 year old wants to begin a new career, uproot their family, move to some po dunk college town, and travel all around the country being at the whims of high schoolers?

Unless the guy needs the money, it probably isn’t happening. And I don’t think he needs the money.

Campbell to Georgia pr highest bidder
Surtain to LSU or highest bidder

act like youve been here before gots

Advertisement

Da fuq?

1)No one has UGA pinned as Tyson’s leader...We’re pinned as the leader

2) Have you seen Surtain’s house? That man ain’t taking **** from these schools.

Plus, I don’t really see Surtain taking a college job. The guy is 41 years old. What kind of 41 year old wants to begin a new career, uproot their family, move to some po dunk college town, and travel all around the country being at the whims of high schoolers?

Unless the guy needs the money, it probably isn’t happening. And I don’t think he needs the money.

This is such a homer argument. Hope you're right

Advertisement

There is an NCAA rule against hiring family or coaches of recruits now

There is an NCAA rule against hiring family or coaches of recruits now

Wrong. We need to make a **** thread at the top of this **** board addressing this.

Schools can't hire assistant coaches like a Joel Rodriguez or a David Cooney that are family of recruits. Support staff guys.

Schools can put whoever they please on the actual 10-man coaching staff. Guys like Rumph/Banda.

Da fuq?

1)No one has UGA pinned as Tyson’s leader...We’re pinned as the leader

2) Have you seen Surtain’s house? That man ain’t taking **** from these schools.

TC likes UGA a lot.

TC has never rescheduled his visit to UGA when he hurt his ankle but made sure to show up to our ND game

Advertisement
Back