Tyrell Lyons

he looks like a **** beast....but pass just for the fact that he goes to that ******* school and plays for those ******* coaches in that ******* city.

Watch yo MOUTH ! Top 5 city in producing NFL talent.

It doesn't matter if Miami won't benefit from it. When has Miami ever gotten studs from Jacksonville? We pluck from the #1 city in producing talent...Miami-dade. Let's not forget that the coaches from this kid's school helped northrup plan his 'hat trick' for nsd.

# 1 City for producing talent or NFL talent? As the internet says other wise. Miami doesnt recruit Orlando on up hard.. So why would top level kids from Orlando on up choose Miami. I read an article from Orlando Sentinel that stated Golden is working Orlando an N.Fla but since him no one had success or even really came around since Soldinger and when was he on staff 2006?

TRUTH ON NORTHRUP: Kid liked Miami but states since he committed they came to two games of his one playoff and one regular season game. I am not saying I agree with his decommitment but I will say he will be a player though he is a little bit under sized.

Staff spent to much time chasing Keith Brown NORTHRUP WILL BE BETTER THAN HIM.. Brown is who you guys should have the beef with since he often times had coaches at practices games and was around UM practices. IF 1/2 the attention paid to Brown would have went to Northrup we would have had Northrup in this class

And McMillan 2013 class.

FSU was in Jax at this man school for almost every game practices etc. I HATE FSU but they stole one from us because we were chasing a "DOWN SOUTH KID" . That being said there is not a lot of difference between him and Blue . We will be fine with Blue.

Advertisement
I am a die hard Canes Fan but the fact of the matter is players from Tally on up feel they get a raw deal from Miami.

1 Example kid I know personally went to summer camp received great evaluation (Kenneth Bynum recent Tenn. committ LB) and doesnt get an offer
but we offer Josh Witt a former QB and undersized kid. SMH

This is what players from Orlando on up look at with Miami feel like Miami is for S.Florida players only .. We have to change that perception . One of the best RB to come thru Miami was from Gainesville, Clinton Portis.

P.S alot of that is do to the recruiting practices of Randy Shannon.

We had Louis Nix wrapped up , Super 11 in Jacksonville, Tavadis Glenn Super 11 (JUCO didnt qualify) and recruited Sean Tapley (committed to UNC)

Tap says Miami was only loop warm (ie Randy Shannon recruiting) , loop warm with Nix once he was committed

Nix and Glenn were courtesy of Clint Hurtt.

This post is ripe for the picking.

I stopped reading after the line about Witt. GTFOH.

Of course because yawl are homers for S.Fla players. U GTFOH who else recruited WITT LOL.

I am a die hard Canes Fan but the fact of the matter is players from Tally on up feel they get a raw deal from Miami.

1 Example kid I know personally went to summer camp received great evaluation (Kenneth Bynum recent Tenn. committ LB) and doesnt get an offer
but we offer Josh Witt a former QB and undersized kid. SMH

This is what players from Orlando on up look at with Miami feel like Miami is for S.Florida players only .. We have to change that perception . One of the best RB to come thru Miami was from Gainesville, Clinton Portis.

P.S alot of that is do to the recruiting practices of Randy Shannon.

We had Louis Nix wrapped up , Super 11 in Jacksonville, Tavadis Glenn Super 11 (JUCO didnt qualify) and recruited Sean Tapley (committed to UNC)

Tap says Miami was only loop warm (ie Randy Shannon recruiting) , loop warm with Nix once he was committed

Nix and Glenn were courtesy of Clint Hurtt.

This post is ripe for the picking.

I stopped reading after the line about Witt. GTFOH.

Of course because yawl are homers for S.Fla players. U GTFOH who else recruited WITT LOL.[/QUOTE}]

Per other bloggers witt isnt 200 lbs if u put rocks in his pants

Kenneth Bynum
Ey'Shaun McClain

waaaay more college ready. But I get it rebuilding reputations with coaches down there so u take a Witt.

Witt is a beast. Give me Witt over Northrup all day every day, and I was saying this (as a lot of people were) before Northrup was looking to bolt. Witt is a big timer

Advertisement
Witt is a beast. Give me Witt over Northrup all day every day, and I was saying this (as a lot of people were) before Northrup was looking to bolt. Witt is a big timer

Riiiight, will be the first of the incoming linebackers to redshirt. I hope he plays well but if u viewed both tapes and still like Witt more than Northrup then that is a head scratcher.

Witt may have a higher ceiling but as far as today ,Northrupp better.

Per other bloggers?

Look at the photo of Witt and Kirby next to eachother. If Witt isn't 200 lbs then Kirby is a cornerback.

I did watch both tapes and the clear choice...based on tapes...is Witt. My question is how do YOU not see that? Seems like you're being a Jacksonville homer.

Per other bloggers?

Look at the photo of Witt and Kirby next to eachother. If Witt isn't 200 lbs then Kirby is a cornerback.

Saw Kirby in the Army All Amer. game he is not big either. Let's not forget he was a converted RB

Here is a quick list of LB who were better and would have come here from N.Fla.
Joseph Jackson- WVU , flipped to UNC Shakeel Rasheed UNC, Kenneth Bynum - Tennessee, Eyshaun McClain - Cincinatti

The topic was why Jacksonville players dont come to Miami. Brown and Kirby probably better than the above mentioned
but Burgess Jr. and Witt were absolutely are not. You Tube them and see for yourself.

Advertisement
I did watch both tapes and the clear choice...based on tapes...is Witt. My question is how do YOU not see that? Seems like you're being a Jacksonville homer.

I tell u what, save this post and remember who told u first. Witt will redshirt has a high ceiling but this guys will ball.

No one else holds Witt in such high regards he looks more like a strong safety.

Witts highlights are more of a walked up safety playing on the edge of the defense. Question is how many plays are made in the box?

Which is where LB's play..

I don't give a **** what Rainey high school does. South Florida as whole>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rainey and Jacksonville. So we should waste our time trying to maybe 1 good kid out of Jacksonville every 5 years or so, rather than spending that time on locking up the best kids from Tampa on down?? GTFOH.

Updated: February 1, 2012, 10:02 AM ET
[h=1]Football recruiting pipelines[/h] [h=3]Why certain prep programs have success producing Division I recruits and pros[/h]

By Lucas O'Neill
ESPNHS.com
Archive
49.jpg
Charles Krupa/APNew England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is one of more than 90 Division I recruits produced by Woodland Hills (Pittsburgh).
When Josiah Blandin signs his national letter of intent to attend Arizona State on Wednesday, the Long Beach Poly (Long Beach, Calif.) senior wide receiver will be doing what millions of high school football players dream about but only a tiny fraction ever achieve: securing a scholarship from a major Division I program.
He's one of five Poly players expected to sign with ASU.
As hard as those Division I scholarships are to secure, there are high schools around the country that send multiple players on to BCS schools each year. The players from these schools generally don't just make it to competitive schools -- they thrive. Poly, the school that produced Mark Carrier, DeSean Jackson, Marcedes Lewis and Willie McGinest, had five players on NFL opening-weekend rosters (see sidebar). St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) led the pack with eight players in the league, while Woodland Hills (Pittsburgh), where New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski graduated from, had seven.
The schools are diverse -- public and private, rich and poor -- but they share a number of characteristics that help produce a disproportionate amount of Division I and pro talent.

[h=4]NATIONAL SIGNING DAY[/h] Check out these signing day features on ESPNHS.com.
Recruiting pipelines
Top recruits at International Bowl
Scholarship snubs
Elite junior LB Reuben Foster
The legend of Shane Morris
Super sophomore Jalen Tabor

Great State Debate

Not coincidentally, the bulk of NFL players come from the most populous states, with the exception of New York. California (226), Florida (184) and Texas (183) supply by far the most players. This trio also constitutes three of the top four player-producing states for this year's Super Bowl.
Within those states, Miami (27), Houston (24), Los Angeles (18) and Dallas (15) produced the most NFL players, and all four rank among the nation's eight largest metropolitan areas. All four also happen to be warm-weather cities -- New York and Chicago are nowhere to be found. While the Northeast deals with sub-30 temperatures and snow, it's another beautiful day in Los Angeles.
"You can practice all the time," Poly coach Raul Lara said last week. "Right now in Long Beach it's 84 degrees."
Football has become a year-round sport nationwide, but particularly in California, Florida and Texas. There the school season is typically longer; the offseason regimen -- either formally or informally -- begins by January; there are spring practices and games; and summer 7-on-7 passing leagues have become football's answer to AAU basketball.
Which isn't to say warm weather is a prerequisite for producing top talent. Cities like Cincinnati (13), Detroit (13), Cleveland (10) and Pittsburgh (10) also produce Division I and professional talent at a high clip.
Those are all, of course, major metropolitan areas, but there's slightly more to it than that. New York and Illinois (the nation's third- and fifth-largest states, respectively) have traditionally produced more basketball talent, while Pennsylvania and Ohio (the sixth- and seventh-largest states) have a reputation as football states.
"In our communities here, football is important," said Woodland Hills coach George Novak. "Part of it is the Steelers. We're a large market. The community believes that football is important."

[h=4]SUPER SCHOOLS[/h] Before advancing to Super Bowl XLVI, the members of the Giants and Patriots played at these high schools. | Story

Tradition

So we know there's a lot of talent in Southern California or South Florida. But within those markets, how is it that some schools consistently produce top-level talent?
Simply put, success breeds success.
"Growing up, I was always around the Long Beach area and it was always Poly this, Poly that," said Blandin, who attended most of Poly's home games as a middle schooler. "I always wanted to be a part of that tradition."
For schools that have won multiple state championships or produced a number of college and NFL players -- or, in some instances, all three -- getting talented kids in the first place becomes a much simpler proposition.
Most of these schools are dominant in more than just football. Poly was named the Sports School of the Century by Sports Illustrated in 2005, while Aquinas had both football and track POWERADE FAB 50 national champs in 2010-11. DeMatha (Hyattsville, Md.), which had four players on NFL opening-weekend rosters this year, is known just as much for basketball as it is for football.
"When you refer to DeMatha, it's definitely a brand," said football coach Elijah Brooks, "not only in this area but throughout the country. When we're going out and trying to attract kids to come to this school, the track record -- it speaks for itself. Many of the kids that attend DeMatha, they understand the standard and the expectations."
The cynical way of looking at this is that schools are recruiting, or at least drawing the best talent away from other programs. This is certainly true to an extent, especially for private schools, in districts where an athlete can choose his public school, or in the case of transfers -- which are normally prohibited by state associations if they are for athletic reasons.
Such was the case with Gronkowski, who was ruled ineligible by the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League after his father was quoted in Pittsburgh newspapers suggesting part of the reason the two relocated prior to Gronk's senior year was the caliber of play at Woodland Hills -- which has sent more than 90 players on to Division I schools during coach Novak's 25-year tenure -- versus his old high school, Williamsville North (Williamsville, N.Y.). The Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association reversed the decision, however, and the rest is history.
But unlike in basketball (at which, it should be noted, Gronk also excelled), where the addition of two players can make or break a squad, football teams need more athletes than schools can realistically recruit, even where it's allowed. And so right or wrong, both public schools (like Poly and Woodland Hills) and private ones (like DeMatha and Aquinas) rely on historic and sustained success to draw talented players.

50.jpg
Blair Angulo for ESPNLA.comSenior wide receiver Josiah Blandin is one of several Long Beach Poly (Long Beach, Calif.) recruits set to play D-I football next season.

The Tutors

But talent alone won't get you to college or the NFL. Talent doesn't even necessarily produce a good high school team.
One component for all of these schools is a rigorous tutoring program. Most of these schools have strong academic reputations, and so the football teams employ a variety of tactics to keep players eligible for the season and for college. Some have specifically assigned academic advisors, while others have mandatory after-school or tutoring sessions during the season.
Lest you scoff at the academic component, consider this: In addition to a pair of blue-chippers signing with Miami and the University of Florida, on Wednesday Aquinas will have two players signing with Princeton, one with Yale, one with Penn, and one deciding between Brown and Dartmouth.
"I think it's a compliment to our faculty, they do a tremendous job and it shows that academics are extremely important here at St. Thomas Aquinas," said football coach Rocco Casullo. "These guys understand that you've got to get it done in the classroom, and they do that. And those are guys that turned down Division I schools."
There's also a practical element that attracts recruiters -- convenience. Poly has an academic coach, Monica Kim, who not only helps players but makes sure their information is readily available for interested college coaches.
"She stays late, 'til 8 o'clock tutoring and stuff like that," said Blandin. "Coach Kim, she has everything ready. She always has a profile, a transcript. It's ready to go for a college coach coming."
In the whirlwind recruiting process, coaches can save time by going to a school that not only will have a number of potential Division I players, but players they won't have to worry about academically.
[h=4]SCHOOL PRIDE[/h] A look at the high schools that had the most players in the NFL based on opening-weekend rosters.
Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) -- 8
Notable Pro: Major Wright

Woodland Hills (Pittsburgh) -- 7
Notable Pro: Rob Gronkowski
Deep Creak (Chesapeake, Va.) -- 5
Notable Pro: DeAngelo Hall
Elder (Cincinnati) -- 5
Notable Pro: Kyle Rudolph
Poly (Long Beach, Calif.) -- 5
Notable Pro: DeSean Jackson
North Shore (Houston) -- 5
Notable Pro: Cory Redding

"Colleges consistently return to DeMatha because they know when they recruit a DeMatha kid, he not only is going to qualify to get into college, but he's going to have the preparation to remain there for four years," said Brooks. "When you're dealing with us as coaches, you're not going to have to jump through hoops."

Ready for Whatever

Finally, players from these schools tend to be well-coached, which is important for the increasingly complex offensive and defensive schemes colleges employ. And while players from small schools might put up big numbers against inferior competition, there's no doubt about the players from these schools.
"My practice play and my work ethic was already at a high level," said Blandin. "Going into college, that helps. It won't be shocking to me, I'll be ready to lock and load and earn my spot."
Talent still rules the day when it comes to which recruits will sign with major Division I programs, but student-athletes have significant advantages depending on the school they attend.
"If it comes down to two kids," said Brooks, "a DeMatha kid might get preference over an equally talented player from another school, and that is what our kids invested in when they decided to attend DeMatha. We take pride in having that advantage."

**** Jacksonville!

And as for your comments on Nix, Glenn, and Northrup. The only kid who truly wanted to be here was Glenn, but he turned out to be a flake who didn't wanna put in the work. Nix only committed here because UF didn't want him. Northrup was FSU's Jawand Blue. Yea, FSU went to his games, but they didn't bother offering him until later on the process, did they? He would have never committed here if he had a FSU offer from the beginning. They just strung him along until they whiffed on other guys they wanted first. Make up all the excuses you want. That kid was always all FSU if he ever got that offer.

Last edited:
Advertisement
he looks like a **** beast....but pass just for the fact that he goes to that ******* school and plays for those ******* coaches in that ******* city.

Watch yo MOUTH ! Top 5 city in producing NFL talent.

It doesn't matter if Miami won't benefit from it. When has Miami ever gotten studs from Jacksonville? We pluck from the #1 city in producing talent...Miami-dade. Let's not forget that the coaches from this kid's school helped northrup plan his 'hat trick' for nsd.

# 1 City for producing talent or NFL talent? As the internet says other wise. Miami doesnt recruit Orlando on up hard.. So why would top level kids from Orlando on up choose Miami. I read an article from Orlando Sentinel that stated Golden is working Orlando an N.Fla but since him no one had success or even really came around since Soldinger and when was he on staff 2006?

TRUTH ON NORTHRUP: Kid liked Miami but states since he committed they came to two games of his one playoff and one regular season game. I am not saying I agree with his decommitment but I will say he will be a player though he is a little bit under sized.

Staff spent to much time chasing Keith Brown NORTHRUP WILL BE BETTER THAN HIM.. Brown is who you guys should have the beef with since he often times had coaches at practices games and was around UM practices. IF 1/2 the attention paid to Brown would have went to Northrup we would have had Northrup in this class

And McMillan 2013 class.

FSU was in Jax at this man school for almost every game practices etc. I HATE FSU but they stole one from us because we were chasing a "DOWN SOUTH KID" . That being said there is not a lot of difference between him and Blue . We will be fine with Blue.

If that's the case then the kid really didn't have interest in Miami or is a prima donna. Most HS games are on Friday nights, did he expect the staff up there 350mi from Miami before game day Saturday? He was waiting for a FSU offer, that's why he isn't a Cane.

And as for your comments on Nix, Glenn, and Northrup. The only kid who truly wanted to be here was Glenn, but he turned out to be a flake who didn't wanna put in the work. Nix only committed here because UF didn't want him. Northrup was FSU's Jawand Blue. Yea, FSU went to his games, but they didn't bother offering him until later on the process, did they? He would have never committed here if he had a FSU offer from the beginning. They just strung him along until they whiffed on other guys they wanted first. Make up all the excuses you want. That kid was always all FSU if he ever got that offer.

As a person who actually knows the names you speak of the theories you speak of are ridiculous outside of maybe Northrup liking FSU. Nix went to Notre Dame could have went where ever he wanted.

Could be true they whiffed on some other guys but we have to do a better job recruiting until NSD if we would have he would have went here. But I really dont care like I said before Blue skill set is identical to Northrupp

You clearly don't know. Ask any UF fan about how Nix was told to kick rocks after UF saw him at FNL. The kid wanted to be a Gator. They didn't want him. So he committed here. I don't give a **** where he ended up, if UF wanted him, he would be in Gainesville right now. So no, he couldn't have gone anywhere he wanted.

Advertisement
I don't give a **** what Rainey high school does. South Florida as whole>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rainey and Jacksonville. So we should waste our time trying to maybe 1 good kid out of Jacksonville every 5 years or so, rather than spending that time on locking up the best kids from Tampa on down?? GTFOH.

Updated: February 1, 2012, 10:02 AM ET
[h=1]Football recruiting pipelines[/h] [h=3]Why certain prep programs have success producing Division I recruits and pros[/h]

By Lucas O'Neill
ESPNHS.com
Archive
49.jpg
Charles Krupa/APNew England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is one of more than 90 Division I recruits produced by Woodland Hills (Pittsburgh).
When Josiah Blandin signs his national letter of intent to attend Arizona State on Wednesday, the Long Beach Poly (Long Beach, Calif.) senior wide receiver will be doing what millions of high school football players dream about but only a tiny fraction ever achieve: securing a scholarship from a major Division I program.
He's one of five Poly players expected to sign with ASU.
As hard as those Division I scholarships are to secure, there are high schools around the country that send multiple players on to BCS schools each year. The players from these schools generally don't just make it to competitive schools -- they thrive. Poly, the school that produced Mark Carrier, DeSean Jackson, Marcedes Lewis and Willie McGinest, had five players on NFL opening-weekend rosters (see sidebar). St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) led the pack with eight players in the league, while Woodland Hills (Pittsburgh), where New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski graduated from, had seven.
The schools are diverse -- public and private, rich and poor -- but they share a number of characteristics that help produce a disproportionate amount of Division I and pro talent.

[h=4]NATIONAL SIGNING DAY[/h] Check out these signing day features on ESPNHS.com.
Recruiting pipelines
Top recruits at International Bowl
Scholarship snubs
Elite junior LB Reuben Foster
The legend of Shane Morris
Super sophomore Jalen Tabor

Great State Debate

Not coincidentally, the bulk of NFL players come from the most populous states, with the exception of New York. California (226), Florida (184) and Texas (183) supply by far the most players. This trio also constitutes three of the top four player-producing states for this year's Super Bowl.
Within those states, Miami (27), Houston (24), Los Angeles (18) and Dallas (15) produced the most NFL players, and all four rank among the nation's eight largest metropolitan areas. All four also happen to be warm-weather cities -- New York and Chicago are nowhere to be found. While the Northeast deals with sub-30 temperatures and snow, it's another beautiful day in Los Angeles.
"You can practice all the time," Poly coach Raul Lara said last week. "Right now in Long Beach it's 84 degrees."
Football has become a year-round sport nationwide, but particularly in California, Florida and Texas. There the school season is typically longer; the offseason regimen -- either formally or informally -- begins by January; there are spring practices and games; and summer 7-on-7 passing leagues have become football's answer to AAU basketball.
Which isn't to say warm weather is a prerequisite for producing top talent. Cities like Cincinnati (13), Detroit (13), Cleveland (10) and Pittsburgh (10) also produce Division I and professional talent at a high clip.
Those are all, of course, major metropolitan areas, but there's slightly more to it than that. New York and Illinois (the nation's third- and fifth-largest states, respectively) have traditionally produced more basketball talent, while Pennsylvania and Ohio (the sixth- and seventh-largest states) have a reputation as football states.
"In our communities here, football is important," said Woodland Hills coach George Novak. "Part of it is the Steelers. We're a large market. The community believes that football is important."

[h=4]SUPER SCHOOLS[/h] Before advancing to Super Bowl XLVI, the members of the Giants and Patriots played at these high schools. | Story

Tradition

So we know there's a lot of talent in Southern California or South Florida. But within those markets, how is it that some schools consistently produce top-level talent?
Simply put, success breeds success.
"Growing up, I was always around the Long Beach area and it was always Poly this, Poly that," said Blandin, who attended most of Poly's home games as a middle schooler. "I always wanted to be a part of that tradition."
For schools that have won multiple state championships or produced a number of college and NFL players -- or, in some instances, all three -- getting talented kids in the first place becomes a much simpler proposition.
Most of these schools are dominant in more than just football. Poly was named the Sports School of the Century by Sports Illustrated in 2005, while Aquinas had both football and track POWERADE FAB 50 national champs in 2010-11. DeMatha (Hyattsville, Md.), which had four players on NFL opening-weekend rosters this year, is known just as much for basketball as it is for football.
"When you refer to DeMatha, it's definitely a brand," said football coach Elijah Brooks, "not only in this area but throughout the country. When we're going out and trying to attract kids to come to this school, the track record -- it speaks for itself. Many of the kids that attend DeMatha, they understand the standard and the expectations."
The cynical way of looking at this is that schools are recruiting, or at least drawing the best talent away from other programs. This is certainly true to an extent, especially for private schools, in districts where an athlete can choose his public school, or in the case of transfers -- which are normally prohibited by state associations if they are for athletic reasons.
Such was the case with Gronkowski, who was ruled ineligible by the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League after his father was quoted in Pittsburgh newspapers suggesting part of the reason the two relocated prior to Gronk's senior year was the caliber of play at Woodland Hills -- which has sent more than 90 players on to Division I schools during coach Novak's 25-year tenure -- versus his old high school, Williamsville North (Williamsville, N.Y.). The Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association reversed the decision, however, and the rest is history.
But unlike in basketball (at which, it should be noted, Gronk also excelled), where the addition of two players can make or break a squad, football teams need more athletes than schools can realistically recruit, even where it's allowed. And so right or wrong, both public schools (like Poly and Woodland Hills) and private ones (like DeMatha and Aquinas) rely on historic and sustained success to draw talented players.

50.jpg
Blair Angulo for ESPNLA.comSenior wide receiver Josiah Blandin is one of several Long Beach Poly (Long Beach, Calif.) recruits set to play D-I football next season.

The Tutors

But talent alone won't get you to college or the NFL. Talent doesn't even necessarily produce a good high school team.
One component for all of these schools is a rigorous tutoring program. Most of these schools have strong academic reputations, and so the football teams employ a variety of tactics to keep players eligible for the season and for college. Some have specifically assigned academic advisors, while others have mandatory after-school or tutoring sessions during the season.
Lest you scoff at the academic component, consider this: In addition to a pair of blue-chippers signing with Miami and the University of Florida, on Wednesday Aquinas will have two players signing with Princeton, one with Yale, one with Penn, and one deciding between Brown and Dartmouth.
"I think it's a compliment to our faculty, they do a tremendous job and it shows that academics are extremely important here at St. Thomas Aquinas," said football coach Rocco Casullo. "These guys understand that you've got to get it done in the classroom, and they do that. And those are guys that turned down Division I schools."
There's also a practical element that attracts recruiters -- convenience. Poly has an academic coach, Monica Kim, who not only helps players but makes sure their information is readily available for interested college coaches.
"She stays late, 'til 8 o'clock tutoring and stuff like that," said Blandin. "Coach Kim, she has everything ready. She always has a profile, a transcript. It's ready to go for a college coach coming."
In the whirlwind recruiting process, coaches can save time by going to a school that not only will have a number of potential Division I players, but players they won't have to worry about academically.
[h=4]SCHOOL PRIDE[/h] A look at the high schools that had the most players in the NFL based on opening-weekend rosters.
Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) -- 8
Notable Pro: Major Wright

Woodland Hills (Pittsburgh) -- 7
Notable Pro: Rob Gronkowski
Deep Creak (Chesapeake, Va.) -- 5
Notable Pro: DeAngelo Hall
Elder (Cincinnati) -- 5
Notable Pro: Kyle Rudolph
Poly (Long Beach, Calif.) -- 5
Notable Pro: DeSean Jackson
North Shore (Houston) -- 5
Notable Pro: Cory Redding

"Colleges consistently return to DeMatha because they know when they recruit a DeMatha kid, he not only is going to qualify to get into college, but he's going to have the preparation to remain there for four years," said Brooks. "When you're dealing with us as coaches, you're not going to have to jump through hoops."

Ready for Whatever

Finally, players from these schools tend to be well-coached, which is important for the increasingly complex offensive and defensive schemes colleges employ. And while players from small schools might put up big numbers against inferior competition, there's no doubt about the players from these schools.
"My practice play and my work ethic was already at a high level," said Blandin. "Going into college, that helps. It won't be shocking to me, I'll be ready to lock and load and earn my spot."
Talent still rules the day when it comes to which recruits will sign with major Division I programs, but student-athletes have significant advantages depending on the school they attend.
"If it comes down to two kids," said Brooks, "a DeMatha kid might get preference over an equally talented player from another school, and that is what our kids invested in when they decided to attend DeMatha. We take pride in having that advantage."

**** Jacksonville!

FIRST OFF IGNORANT THE SCHOOL IS WILLIAM RAINES HIGH SCHOOL KNOW ONE IS TALKING ABOUT CHRIS RAINEY

WHAT IS ALL THIS MESS U HAVE COPY AND PASTED? CLOWN

OKAY IGNORANT THIS COMES INFORMATION COMES FROM WIKIPEDIA AND SUPER SEEDS YOUR CALCULATIONS

http://www.enotes.com/topic/William_M._Raines_High_School

You clearly don't know. Ask any UF fan about how Nix was told to kick rocks after UF saw him at FNL. The kid wanted to be a Gator. They didn't want him. So he committed here. I don't give a **** where he ended up, if UF wanted him, he would be in Gainesville right now. So no, he couldn't have gone anywhere he wanted.

Again I dont have to ask a UF fan SMH.. Tavadis Glenn is who was kicked out of FNL for throwing up the U. He nor Nix even liked UF. But again I guess you no more than I do since I went to the same High School and am in regular contact with coaches who took the kid to the camp.

Matter of fact I just want post in this blog anymore to ignorant to have a convesation with your name programs that have 8 or 9 NFl players versus one school that has the most of any high school in the nation. Hall of Famers come from Raines High School and you copy/paste all that foolishness.

It's my fault I thought I was conversing with guys who know ball. ** My fault **

Man you got coaches in schools directing kids a certain way these kids would get major visits from programs like FSU Auburn Georgia and UF because the coaches have a major influence in the program. I think VALID said it best. Check the list of players I compiled from basically Tampa Sout to Miami:

Micheal Barrow - Homestead 1988
Vernon Carey - Northwestern 1999
Frank Gore - Coral Gables 2001
Brandon Harris - Booker T. Washington 2008
Jacory Harris - Northwestern 2008
Alonzo Highsmith - Columbus 1983
Randal Hill - Killian 1987
Aldarius Johnson - Northwestern 2008
Andre Johnson - Miami High 1999
Brett Perriman - Northwestern 1984
Kenny Phillips - Carol City 2005
Fuad Reveiz - Sunset 1981
Antrel Rolle - South Dade 2001
Samari Rolle - Miami Beach 1994
Sean Taylor - Gulliver 2001
Brian Blades - Piper 1983
Bennie Blades - Piper 1984
Tavares Gooden - St. Thomas Aquinas 2003
Leonard Hankerson - St. Thomas Aquinas 2007
Michael Irvin - St. Thomas Aquinas 1984
Jerome McDougle - Ely 1998
Danny McManus - South Broward 1983
Otis Mounds - Dillard 1992
Dan Morgan - Taravella 1997
Tyrone Moss - Ely 2003
Mike Mularkey - Northeast 1977
Sterling Palmer - St. Thomas Aquinas 1989
Brian Piccolo - Central Catholic (St. Thomas Aquinas) 1961
Errict Rhett - McArthur 1989
Asante Samuel - Boyd Anderson 1999
David Shula - Chaminade 1977
Brad Strohm - Western 1988
Harvey Thomas - Ely 1988
Lorenzo White - Dillard 1984
Major Wright - St. Thomas Aquinas 2007
Frank Gore - Coral Gables High School
kelley Jenings - Suwanee High school *******
Jon Beason - Chaminade Madonna College Preparatory
Brandon Merriweather - Apopka High School
Devin Hester - Suncoast Community High School
Clinton Portis - Gainesville High School
Willis McGahee - Miami Central High School
Jonathan Vilma - Coral Gables, Florida
Sinorice Moss - Miami, FL
Bryan Pata - Miami,Florida
Melvin Bratton - Miami,Florida
Craig Erickson - Boynton Beach,Florida
George Mira jr. - Palmetto High School
Randy Shannon - Miami,Florida
Warren Sapp - Apopka High School
Carlos Antonio Huerta - Miami,Florida
Lamar Thomas - Ocala,Florida
Jerome Brown - Brookesville,Florida
Darrin Andrew Smith - Miami,Florida
Eddie Brown - Miami,Florida
Ottis Anderson - West PalmBeach,Florida
Edgerrin Tyree James -Immokalee,Florida
Javarris James - Immokalee,Florida
Ray Lewis - Bartow ,Florida
Phillip Darren Buchanon -Fort Myers,Florida
Eric Moncur - Miami, Florida
Rohan Marley - Miami Palmetto Senior High School

Golden is dooing his best to rectify these problems, but if we can continue to get this from the STATE of FLORIDA then who gives a flying 747 about J'ville and the Northrups of the north. They aint CANES! Canes don't need to be influenced. We feed on the competition, the need to be better than everyone else. No need to kiss *** in the Northeast corridor!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back