Tyrell Lyons

And as for your comments on Nix, Glenn, and Northrup. The only kid who truly wanted to be here was Glenn, but he turned out to be a flake who didn't wanna put in the work. Nix only committed here because UF didn't want him. Northrup was FSU's Jawand Blue. Yea, FSU went to his games, but they didn't bother offering him until later on the process, did they? He would have never committed here if he had a FSU offer from the beginning. They just strung him along until they whiffed on other guys they wanted first. Make up all the excuses you want. That kid was always all FSU if he ever got that offer.

YES!!! Preach brother! Well well well wellllllllll!!!

Advertisement
And as for your comments on Nix, Glenn, and Northrup. The only kid who truly wanted to be here was Glenn, but he turned out to be a flake who didn't wanna put in the work. Nix only committed here because UF didn't want him. Northrup was FSU's Jawand Blue. Yea, FSU went to his games, but they didn't bother offering him until later on the process, did they? He would have never committed here if he had a FSU offer from the beginning. They just strung him along until they whiffed on other guys they wanted first. Make up all the excuses you want. That kid was always all FSU if he ever got that offer.

And might I add my brother that we will skip that sesspool and go straight to Georgia for real talent. AND... Witt does weigh 200lbs. AND... Northrup aint 6'2" or 200 pounds wearing a lead speedo! Last but not least J'ville produces talent. Miami produces stars. Killian, Pace, Northwestern, St. Thomas, Miramar. Get that **** outta here. No one will miss Northrups ***! He probably won't even get on the field.

Last edited:
You clearly don't know. Ask any UF fan about how Nix was told to kick rocks after UF saw him at FNL. The kid wanted to be a Gator. They didn't want him. So he committed here. I don't give a **** where he ended up, if UF wanted him, he would be in Gainesville right now. So no, he couldn't have gone anywhere he wanted.

Again I dont have to ask a UF fan SMH.. Tavadis Glenn is who was kicked out of FNL for throwing up the U. He nor Nix even liked UF. But again I guess you no more than I do since I went to the same High School and am in regular contact with coaches who took the kid to the camp.

Yes, Glenn was kicked out. But Nix was dropped by UF after his performance, or lack thereof. Up until then, he was ALL Gator. He committed here because he couldn't go to UF and because we were taking his boy Glenn. Ask those coaches that you know if Nix had a commitable offer from UF after FNL then. If they tell you yes, then they're full of ****.

I don't give a **** what Rainey high school does. South Florida as whole>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rainey and Jacksonville. So we should waste our time trying to maybe 1 good kid out of Jacksonville every 5 years or so, rather than spending that time on locking up the best kids from Tampa on down?? GTFOH.

Updated: February 1, 2012, 10:02 AM ET
Football recruiting pipelines

Why certain prep programs have success producing Division I recruits and pros

By Lucas O'Neill
ESPNHS.com
Archive
49.jpg
Charles Krupa/APNew England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is one of more than 90 Division I recruits produced by Woodland Hills (Pittsburgh).
When Josiah Blandin signs his national letter of intent to attend Arizona State on Wednesday, the Long Beach Poly (Long Beach, Calif.) senior wide receiver will be doing what millions of high school football players dream about but only a tiny fraction ever achieve: securing a scholarship from a major Division I program.
He's one of five Poly players expected to sign with ASU.
As hard as those Division I scholarships are to secure, there are high schools around the country that send multiple players on to BCS schools each year. The players from these schools generally don't just make it to competitive schools -- they thrive. Poly, the school that produced Mark Carrier, DeSean Jackson, Marcedes Lewis and Willie McGinest, had five players on NFL opening-weekend rosters (see sidebar). St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) led the pack with eight players in the league, while Woodland Hills (Pittsburgh), where New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski graduated from, had seven.
The schools are diverse -- public and private, rich and poor -- but they share a number of characteristics that help produce a disproportionate amount of Division I and pro talent.

NATIONAL SIGNING DAY

Check out these signing day features on ESPNHS.com.
Recruiting pipelines
Top recruits at International Bowl
Scholarship snubs
Elite junior LB Reuben Foster
The legend of Shane Morris
Super sophomore Jalen Tabor

Great State Debate

Not coincidentally, the bulk of NFL players come from the most populous states, with the exception of New York. California (226), Florida (184) and Texas (183) supply by far the most players. This trio also constitutes three of the top four player-producing states for this year's Super Bowl.
Within those states, Miami (27), Houston (24), Los Angeles (18) and Dallas (15) produced the most NFL players, and all four rank among the nation's eight largest metropolitan areas. All four also happen to be warm-weather cities -- New York and Chicago are nowhere to be found. While the Northeast deals with sub-30 temperatures and snow, it's another beautiful day in Los Angeles.
"You can practice all the time," Poly coach Raul Lara said last week. "Right now in Long Beach it's 84 degrees."
Football has become a year-round sport nationwide, but particularly in California, Florida and Texas. There the school season is typically longer; the offseason regimen -- either formally or informally -- begins by January; there are spring practices and games; and summer 7-on-7 passing leagues have become football's answer to AAU basketball.
Which isn't to say warm weather is a prerequisite for producing top talent. Cities like Cincinnati (13), Detroit (13), Cleveland (10) and Pittsburgh (10) also produce Division I and professional talent at a high clip.
Those are all, of course, major metropolitan areas, but there's slightly more to it than that. New York and Illinois (the nation's third- and fifth-largest states, respectively) have traditionally produced more basketball talent, while Pennsylvania and Ohio (the sixth- and seventh-largest states) have a reputation as football states.
"In our communities here, football is important," said Woodland Hills coach George Novak. "Part of it is the Steelers. We're a large market. The community believes that football is important."

SUPER SCHOOLS

Before advancing to Super Bowl XLVI, the members of the Giants and Patriots played at these high schools. | Story

Tradition

So we know there's a lot of talent in Southern California or South Florida. But within those markets, how is it that some schools consistently produce top-level talent?
Simply put, success breeds success.
"Growing up, I was always around the Long Beach area and it was always Poly this, Poly that," said Blandin, who attended most of Poly's home games as a middle schooler. "I always wanted to be a part of that tradition."
For schools that have won multiple state championships or produced a number of college and NFL players -- or, in some instances, all three -- getting talented kids in the first place becomes a much simpler proposition.
Most of these schools are dominant in more than just football. Poly was named the Sports School of the Century by Sports Illustrated in 2005, while Aquinas had both football and track POWERADE FAB 50 national champs in 2010-11. DeMatha (Hyattsville, Md.), which had four players on NFL opening-weekend rosters this year, is known just as much for basketball as it is for football.
"When you refer to DeMatha, it's definitely a brand," said football coach Elijah Brooks, "not only in this area but throughout the country. When we're going out and trying to attract kids to come to this school, the track record -- it speaks for itself. Many of the kids that attend DeMatha, they understand the standard and the expectations."
The cynical way of looking at this is that schools are recruiting, or at least drawing the best talent away from other programs. This is certainly true to an extent, especially for private schools, in districts where an athlete can choose his public school, or in the case of transfers -- which are normally prohibited by state associations if they are for athletic reasons.
Such was the case with Gronkowski, who was ruled ineligible by the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League after his father was quoted in Pittsburgh newspapers suggesting part of the reason the two relocated prior to Gronk's senior year was the caliber of play at Woodland Hills -- which has sent more than 90 players on to Division I schools during coach Novak's 25-year tenure -- versus his old high school, Williamsville North (Williamsville, N.Y.). The Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association reversed the decision, however, and the rest is history.
But unlike in basketball (at which, it should be noted, Gronk also excelled), where the addition of two players can make or break a squad, football teams need more athletes than schools can realistically recruit, even where it's allowed. And so right or wrong, both public schools (like Poly and Woodland Hills) and private ones (like DeMatha and Aquinas) rely on historic and sustained success to draw talented players.

50.jpg
Blair Angulo for ESPNLA.comSenior wide receiver Josiah Blandin is one of several Long Beach Poly (Long Beach, Calif.) recruits set to play D-I football next season.

The Tutors

But talent alone won't get you to college or the NFL. Talent doesn't even necessarily produce a good high school team.
One component for all of these schools is a rigorous tutoring program. Most of these schools have strong academic reputations, and so the football teams employ a variety of tactics to keep players eligible for the season and for college. Some have specifically assigned academic advisors, while others have mandatory after-school or tutoring sessions during the season.
Lest you scoff at the academic component, consider this: In addition to a pair of blue-chippers signing with Miami and the University of Florida, on Wednesday Aquinas will have two players signing with Princeton, one with Yale, one with Penn, and one deciding between Brown and Dartmouth.
"I think it's a compliment to our faculty, they do a tremendous job and it shows that academics are extremely important here at St. Thomas Aquinas," said football coach Rocco Casullo. "These guys understand that you've got to get it done in the classroom, and they do that. And those are guys that turned down Division I schools."
There's also a practical element that attracts recruiters -- convenience. Poly has an academic coach, Monica Kim, who not only helps players but makes sure their information is readily available for interested college coaches.
"She stays late, 'til 8 o'clock tutoring and stuff like that," said Blandin. "Coach Kim, she has everything ready. She always has a profile, a transcript. It's ready to go for a college coach coming."
In the whirlwind recruiting process, coaches can save time by going to a school that not only will have a number of potential Division I players, but players they won't have to worry about academically.
SCHOOL PRIDE

A look at the high schools that had the most players in the NFL based on opening-weekend rosters.
Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) -- 8
Notable Pro: Major Wright

Woodland Hills (Pittsburgh) -- 7
Notable Pro: Rob Gronkowski
Deep Creak (Chesapeake, Va.) -- 5
Notable Pro: DeAngelo Hall
Elder (Cincinnati) -- 5
Notable Pro: Kyle Rudolph
Poly (Long Beach, Calif.) -- 5
Notable Pro: DeSean Jackson
North Shore (Houston) -- 5
Notable Pro: Cory Redding

"Colleges consistently return to DeMatha because they know when they recruit a DeMatha kid, he not only is going to qualify to get into college, but he's going to have the preparation to remain there for four years," said Brooks. "When you're dealing with us as coaches, you're not going to have to jump through hoops."

Ready for Whatever

Finally, players from these schools tend to be well-coached, which is important for the increasingly complex offensive and defensive schemes colleges employ. And while players from small schools might put up big numbers against inferior competition, there's no doubt about the players from these schools.
"My practice play and my work ethic was already at a high level," said Blandin. "Going into college, that helps. It won't be shocking to me, I'll be ready to lock and load and earn my spot."
Talent still rules the day when it comes to which recruits will sign with major Division I programs, but student-athletes have significant advantages depending on the school they attend.
"If it comes down to two kids," said Brooks, "a DeMatha kid might get preference over an equally talented player from another school, and that is what our kids invested in when they decided to attend DeMatha. We take pride in having that advantage."

**** Jacksonville!

FIRST OFF IGNORANT THE SCHOOL IS WILLIAM RAINES HIGH SCHOOL KNOW ONE IS TALKING ABOUT CHRIS RAINEY

WHAT IS ALL THIS MESS U HAVE COPY AND PASTED? CLOWN

OKAY IGNORANT THIS COMES INFORMATION COMES FROM WIKIPEDIA AND SUPER SEEDS YOUR CALCULATIONS

http://www.enotes.com/topic/William_M._Raines_High_School

LOL @ your clown *** saying Wikipedia super seeds anything. I don't give a **** what the school is called or what Wikipedia says. You can cry about it all you want. S. Fla>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Jacksonville or that school. And it's better than anywhere in the country. I don't give a **** what one school does or did. St. Thomas is as good as anywhere in the country and has been. Central put out a ton of talent. Northwestern always has talent. Our coaches can walk outside of UM and trip over more talent then they'll ever get out of Jacksonville. Don't nobody give a **** about UF's or FSU's rejects. Every god**** school in the country is trying to beat down the door to get into S. Fla. You don't see everyone posted up outside just to get one or 2 guys from Jacksonville. It's a waste of ******* time. You wanna jerk off to Jacksonville talent, go follow UF and bring your lotion and kleenex. We don't need no god**** Jacksonville. We did just fine without them in the past. GTFOH with this we "need" them in order to win.

Can someone post Witt 2011 highlight tape next to northup, there is no way he could say northup is better by the tape

Advertisement
I don't give a **** what Rainey high school does. South Florida as whole>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rainey and Jacksonville. So we should waste our time trying to maybe 1 good kid out of Jacksonville every 5 years or so, rather than spending that time on locking up the best kids from Tampa on down?? GTFOH.

Updated: February 1, 2012, 10:02 AM ET
Football recruiting pipelines

Why certain prep programs have success producing Division I recruits and pros

By Lucas O'Neill
ESPNHS.com
Archive
49.jpg
Charles Krupa/APNew England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is one of more than 90 Division I recruits produced by Woodland Hills (Pittsburgh).
When Josiah Blandin signs his national letter of intent to attend Arizona State on Wednesday, the Long Beach Poly (Long Beach, Calif.) senior wide receiver will be doing what millions of high school football players dream about but only a tiny fraction ever achieve: securing a scholarship from a major Division I program.
He's one of five Poly players expected to sign with ASU.
As hard as those Division I scholarships are to secure, there are high schools around the country that send multiple players on to BCS schools each year. The players from these schools generally don't just make it to competitive schools -- they thrive. Poly, the school that produced Mark Carrier, DeSean Jackson, Marcedes Lewis and Willie McGinest, had five players on NFL opening-weekend rosters (see sidebar). St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) led the pack with eight players in the league, while Woodland Hills (Pittsburgh), where New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski graduated from, had seven.
The schools are diverse -- public and private, rich and poor -- but they share a number of characteristics that help produce a disproportionate amount of Division I and pro talent.

NATIONAL SIGNING DAY

Check out these signing day features on ESPNHS.com.
Recruiting pipelines
Top recruits at International Bowl
Scholarship snubs
Elite junior LB Reuben Foster
The legend of Shane Morris
Super sophomore Jalen Tabor

Great State Debate

Not coincidentally, the bulk of NFL players come from the most populous states, with the exception of New York. California (226), Florida (184) and Texas (183) supply by far the most players. This trio also constitutes three of the top four player-producing states for this year's Super Bowl.
Within those states, Miami (27), Houston (24), Los Angeles (18) and Dallas (15) produced the most NFL players, and all four rank among the nation's eight largest metropolitan areas. All four also happen to be warm-weather cities -- New York and Chicago are nowhere to be found. While the Northeast deals with sub-30 temperatures and snow, it's another beautiful day in Los Angeles.
"You can practice all the time," Poly coach Raul Lara said last week. "Right now in Long Beach it's 84 degrees."
Football has become a year-round sport nationwide, but particularly in California, Florida and Texas. There the school season is typically longer; the offseason regimen -- either formally or informally -- begins by January; there are spring practices and games; and summer 7-on-7 passing leagues have become football's answer to AAU basketball.
Which isn't to say warm weather is a prerequisite for producing top talent. Cities like Cincinnati (13), Detroit (13), Cleveland (10) and Pittsburgh (10) also produce Division I and professional talent at a high clip.
Those are all, of course, major metropolitan areas, but there's slightly more to it than that. New York and Illinois (the nation's third- and fifth-largest states, respectively) have traditionally produced more basketball talent, while Pennsylvania and Ohio (the sixth- and seventh-largest states) have a reputation as football states.
"In our communities here, football is important," said Woodland Hills coach George Novak. "Part of it is the Steelers. We're a large market. The community believes that football is important."

SUPER SCHOOLS

Before advancing to Super Bowl XLVI, the members of the Giants and Patriots played at these high schools. | Story

Tradition

So we know there's a lot of talent in Southern California or South Florida. But within those markets, how is it that some schools consistently produce top-level talent?
Simply put, success breeds success.
"Growing up, I was always around the Long Beach area and it was always Poly this, Poly that," said Blandin, who attended most of Poly's home games as a middle schooler. "I always wanted to be a part of that tradition."
For schools that have won multiple state championships or produced a number of college and NFL players -- or, in some instances, all three -- getting talented kids in the first place becomes a much simpler proposition.
Most of these schools are dominant in more than just football. Poly was named the Sports School of the Century by Sports Illustrated in 2005, while Aquinas had both football and track POWERADE FAB 50 national champs in 2010-11. DeMatha (Hyattsville, Md.), which had four players on NFL opening-weekend rosters this year, is known just as much for basketball as it is for football.
"When you refer to DeMatha, it's definitely a brand," said football coach Elijah Brooks, "not only in this area but throughout the country. When we're going out and trying to attract kids to come to this school, the track record -- it speaks for itself. Many of the kids that attend DeMatha, they understand the standard and the expectations."
The cynical way of looking at this is that schools are recruiting, or at least drawing the best talent away from other programs. This is certainly true to an extent, especially for private schools, in districts where an athlete can choose his public school, or in the case of transfers -- which are normally prohibited by state associations if they are for athletic reasons.
Such was the case with Gronkowski, who was ruled ineligible by the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League after his father was quoted in Pittsburgh newspapers suggesting part of the reason the two relocated prior to Gronk's senior year was the caliber of play at Woodland Hills -- which has sent more than 90 players on to Division I schools during coach Novak's 25-year tenure -- versus his old high school, Williamsville North (Williamsville, N.Y.). The Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association reversed the decision, however, and the rest is history.
But unlike in basketball (at which, it should be noted, Gronk also excelled), where the addition of two players can make or break a squad, football teams need more athletes than schools can realistically recruit, even where it's allowed. And so right or wrong, both public schools (like Poly and Woodland Hills) and private ones (like DeMatha and Aquinas) rely on historic and sustained success to draw talented players.

50.jpg
Blair Angulo for ESPNLA.comSenior wide receiver Josiah Blandin is one of several Long Beach Poly (Long Beach, Calif.) recruits set to play D-I football next season.

The Tutors

But talent alone won't get you to college or the NFL. Talent doesn't even necessarily produce a good high school team.
One component for all of these schools is a rigorous tutoring program. Most of these schools have strong academic reputations, and so the football teams employ a variety of tactics to keep players eligible for the season and for college. Some have specifically assigned academic advisors, while others have mandatory after-school or tutoring sessions during the season.
Lest you scoff at the academic component, consider this: In addition to a pair of blue-chippers signing with Miami and the University of Florida, on Wednesday Aquinas will have two players signing with Princeton, one with Yale, one with Penn, and one deciding between Brown and Dartmouth.
"I think it's a compliment to our faculty, they do a tremendous job and it shows that academics are extremely important here at St. Thomas Aquinas," said football coach Rocco Casullo. "These guys understand that you've got to get it done in the classroom, and they do that. And those are guys that turned down Division I schools."
There's also a practical element that attracts recruiters -- convenience. Poly has an academic coach, Monica Kim, who not only helps players but makes sure their information is readily available for interested college coaches.
"She stays late, 'til 8 o'clock tutoring and stuff like that," said Blandin. "Coach Kim, she has everything ready. She always has a profile, a transcript. It's ready to go for a college coach coming."
In the whirlwind recruiting process, coaches can save time by going to a school that not only will have a number of potential Division I players, but players they won't have to worry about academically.
SCHOOL PRIDE

A look at the high schools that had the most players in the NFL based on opening-weekend rosters.
Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) -- 8
Notable Pro: Major Wright

Woodland Hills (Pittsburgh) -- 7
Notable Pro: Rob Gronkowski
Deep Creak (Chesapeake, Va.) -- 5
Notable Pro: DeAngelo Hall
Elder (Cincinnati) -- 5
Notable Pro: Kyle Rudolph
Poly (Long Beach, Calif.) -- 5
Notable Pro: DeSean Jackson
North Shore (Houston) -- 5
Notable Pro: Cory Redding

"Colleges consistently return to DeMatha because they know when they recruit a DeMatha kid, he not only is going to qualify to get into college, but he's going to have the preparation to remain there for four years," said Brooks. "When you're dealing with us as coaches, you're not going to have to jump through hoops."

Ready for Whatever

Finally, players from these schools tend to be well-coached, which is important for the increasingly complex offensive and defensive schemes colleges employ. And while players from small schools might put up big numbers against inferior competition, there's no doubt about the players from these schools.
"My practice play and my work ethic was already at a high level," said Blandin. "Going into college, that helps. It won't be shocking to me, I'll be ready to lock and load and earn my spot."
Talent still rules the day when it comes to which recruits will sign with major Division I programs, but student-athletes have significant advantages depending on the school they attend.
"If it comes down to two kids," said Brooks, "a DeMatha kid might get preference over an equally talented player from another school, and that is what our kids invested in when they decided to attend DeMatha. We take pride in having that advantage."

**** Jacksonville!

FIRST OFF IGNORANT THE SCHOOL IS WILLIAM RAINES HIGH SCHOOL KNOW ONE IS TALKING ABOUT CHRIS RAINEY

WHAT IS ALL THIS MESS U HAVE COPY AND PASTED? CLOWN

OKAY IGNORANT THIS COMES INFORMATION COMES FROM WIKIPEDIA AND SUPER SEEDS YOUR CALCULATIONS

http://www.enotes.com/topic/William_M._Raines_High_School

LOL @ your clown *** saying Wikipedia super seeds anything. I don't give a **** what the school is called or what Wikipedia says. You can cry about it all you want. S. Fla>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Jacksonville or that school. And it's better than anywhere in the country. I don't give a **** what one school does or did. St. Thomas is as good as anywhere in the country and has been. Central put out a ton of talent. Northwestern always has talent. Our coaches can walk outside of UM and trip over more talent then they'll ever get out of Jacksonville. Don't nobody give a **** about UF's or FSU's rejects. Every god**** school in the country is trying to beat down the door to get into S. Fla. You don't see everyone posted up outside just to get one or 2 guys from Jacksonville. It's a waste of ****ing time. You wanna jerk off to Jacksonville talent, go follow UF and bring your lotion and kleenex. We don't need no god**** Jacksonville. We did just fine without them in the past. GTFOH with this we "need" them in order to win.

Look here home boy I deal in facts not fiction. Not about to go back and forth about the talent in Jacksonville. If there was no talent then no one would get an offer. I tell u what. Look at "U" 2008 recruiting class and tell me what happened? All of them come from one "overhyped school" Miami Northwestern and what did that class from the one school produce?

Sean Spence, Good player, Fortson? , BEN JONES, STREETER PLAYED WELL THIS YEAR, ALDARIOUS JOHNSON? KENDALL THOMPKINS? I THINK JACORY HAD A DECENT CAREER .

SHALL I MOVE FORWARD WITH ALL THE OTHER KIDS FROM 2008. GOLDEN TALKS SINCE OF ENTITLEMENT SEVERAL ARTICLES AND COMMENTS FROM PLAYERS ON THE TEAM THAT TALK ABOUT THAT MNW RECRUITING CLASS AND HOW THEY ACT AND PEFORM. BOTTOM LINE IS IT'S ABOUT TALENT EVALUATION. IF THERE ARE GOOD PLAYERS IN YOUR BACK YARD U GET THEM. BUT U WANT TO ASSEMBLE THE BEST CLASS POSSIBLE AND U WILL NOT DO THAT SIMPLY RECRUITING DOWN SOUTH PLAYERS. UNTIL THAT PERCEPTION IS CHANGED THE BETTER PLAYERS FROM TALLY, ORL, JAX, GAINESVIILLE WILL BE HESITANT BECAUSE THE PAST REGIME WERE DOWN SOUTH HOMERS.

IM ABOUT WHO EVER BEST PLAYER IS. U GUYS ARE ALL ABOUT THE S.FLA KIDS.

BUT AGAIN LETS COUNT PRO PLAYERS I PUT MY SCHOOL AGAINST MIAMI JACKSON NW WHERE EVER. I CHALLENGE U BLOGGERS DO THE RESEARCH I ALREADY KNOW ..

YES!!! Preach brother! Well well well wellllllllll!!!

HE IS A FLAKE THAT DIDNT PUT IN THE WORK? THIS MAN DIDNT QUALIFY AS MANY DO NOT U/A ALL AMERICAN IS IN JUNIOR COLLEGE RIGHT NOW. U REAL PUNK TO SPEAK ON A KID WITH LIES AND U DONT EVEN KNOW HIS SITUATION TOUGH GUY

Do you really not understand that the areas you speak of, Jax, Gainsville, Tally, are not exactly pro-Cane areas?

When Northrup got his FSU offer, he was gone. You do have limited resources, you can't put in a ton of work for kids that are huge UF/FSU leans. Especially ones in N Florida because of the travel/expenses involved.

Advertisement
Do you really not understand that the areas you speak of, Jax, Gainsville, Tally, are not exactly pro-Cane areas?

When Northrup got his FSU offer, he was gone. You do have limited resources, you can't put in a ton of work for kids that are huge UF/FSU leans. Especially ones in N Florida because of the travel/expenses involved.

Dont misunderstand me.. I dont support Northrupp stating Miami didnt come to enough of his games. I think that's female stuff, showing love and all that mess. I am old school you committ and your done.

However by me living here up this way I know what the perceptions are. Perception during the late 90's and early 2000's (Miami was really strong) players from N.Florida were going to UF and FSU to play early.

For example Trouble Coles played as a true freshman in 1996 William McCray as well (FSU). They already knew that if they would have went to Miami that would not have happened.

A team mate of mine Lito Sheppard (huge gator fan) had a Miami offer. Played as a true freshman at UF. Gaffney's father and Uncle 'one of the first black QB as UF Don Gaffney' so he went to UF.

I think UM took Carl Walker , around town he was known as a big time hitter and was that at UM but never seen the field other than special teams which is fair he wasnt that good a safety more LB type.

My point is N.East Fla is some what UF/FSU territory but alot of that is because the perception is that you can play early at these schools versus
Miami who is bias toward S.Fla talent.

This is the perception up here and the area recruiter Mike Barrow knows it and is working hard to change it. Another major issue was Randy Shannon as a recruiter. U have heard many kids in S.Fla say Coach Shannon just didnt recruit me hard so I went...... That three year era didnt make it any better.

No disrespect to S.Fla football but the entire state is rich with talent I have confidence that Golden will make a presence in N.East Fla he is working the Orlando area pretty hard as we speak.

Folks in the Tally area are still salty about how they perceive Greg Threatt was treated while at Miami. I dont know the story on that one I dont live in the Big Bend.

FYI Clemson takes a heap of kids out of N.East Florida as well and they arent even in the state.

I agree. Just like McMillan and Nick Washington..

McMillan knows that UF will lose several LB's after this season, he is college ready and plans to graduate early and feels he will contend for a LB spot on a young Gator core of LB that does not have anyone that sticks out. We still have a chance with him

Nick Washington - Is a baseball player and looking for a school he can do both. He will probably be drafted pretty high out of high school but feels he will play really early at UF.

Kids are looking for early playing time.. Last but not least UF and FSU are the kings of Negative recruiting.

lolololol

So now it's that those kids think Miami won't play them and is biased to S. Fla kids?? You're so full of ****. Tell that to Chickillo. Tell that to Ed Reed. Tell that to Reggie Wayne. Tell that to Dorsey. Tell to Russell Maryland. Tell that to Sapp. Tell that to Winslow. Tell that to Shockey. Tell that to Portis. Tell that to DJ Williams. The list goes on and on.

Your point coming here was that we needed Jacksonville kids in order to be good. No, we do not. Having one or 2 Jacksonville kids wouldn't have done **** for us the past 8 years. It's the coaches that failed these kids. No one was calling Northwestern entitled when they were kicking *** and winning back to back state championships and a national championship(where's your Raines HS doing that with all their supposed NFL talent). No one was calling them entitled when they didn't even have a coach and Jacory was leading them out to practice every day. I guess Nick Saban likes entitled kids, because he picked up their best kid last year and may do it again this year. I don't see anyone calling Bridgewater entitled right now.

You say that everyone here is just biased to Miami kids, when the truth is, you came because you wanted to beat your chest and try to claim Jacksonville is better, which it's not. It had nothing to do with "getting the best kid." What you don't understand, is no one here is saying not to get the best kids. The point is, not to waste our time in an area that is not gonna send kids to Miami, when we have more talent sitting in a 30-45min radius than we will EVER get from Jacksonville. It's a waste of ******* time unless the kid is someone like Lyons who is actually a Miami boy and grew up a fan. The same way it's a waste of time for us to go chasing stars all over the rest of the country if those kids aren't really interested in us. Maybe if we start winning, then we'll have a better chance, but right now, it's almost pointless unless the kid absolutely loves Miami. We did not need Jacksonville in the past and we do not need them now.

Oh and as for Glenn, yes he did flake out. What you didn't bother to mention is, he did not start off at JC. He was actually a prep school kid. And when he couldn't cut it there, he left and went to JC. He probably would have had his scholarship waiting for him here if he would've handled his business, but he did not. So don't sit there and expect someone to feel sorry for him like he got a raw deal, because he did not. He had his chance and he didn't make the best of it. End of story.

chiknruf, you're limiting your perception.

Perception.

I don't want to speak for 904, but he's saying the PERCEPTION is that Miami is harder to play early at, and once again, due to negative recruiting on the part of UF and FSU, the PERCEPTION of these players in the northern parts of the state is that UM is biased toward 305 kids.

Perception. Perception is reality, whether it actually is fact - or not.

I overheard a couple dumbasses talking about how fast their cars were, and the lengths they went to - to make them lighter, and thus faster. One dumbsh** said he actually lowered the air in his tires to 15-20 pounds each, thus saving another forty pounds, rather than run the four tires at 30 pounds.

I couldn't help it, and told them that there wasn't 30 pounds of air in each tire, but that this was pounds per square inch of PRESSURE.

They argued with me for about two minutes until I grew weary and walked off. They were STILL dumbasses, because of their mistaken PERCEPTIONS.

Wasn't true, but they believed it.

Perceptions. THAT is what we're out to change.

Advertisement
dont have a problem clearly communicating my point at no where did I say Miami needs Jacksonville kids. Look thru my post. But what I wont let u do is S*** on my city because a few recruits opted not to go there. At no point did I say Jacksonville talent is better I CLEARLY stated there is talent across the board in the entire state.

The leading rusher in ACC prior to this year Montel Owens BC is from where? He was hurt this year. The whole point of my post is to say there are way way more kids in Jacksonville that like Miami. Prior regimes shy'd away from N.Florida

Ex. The job Randy did with Sam Barrington 'Terry Parker High' he recruited him but really didnt recruit him. That has been the complaint about Shannon from S.Fla kids as well. (not offering kids from certain schools s*** like that. ** The link below proves it **

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2011/01/for-canes-time-to-pull-the-weeds-out.html

As far as the entitled comment that came from other players on the team not myself.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Forston-Streeter-Enter-NFL-Draft-51834

I like Jacory Harris and Spence and Streeter and thought Fortson was straight but fact of the matter
some of there play on the field supports they were over rated.

I am glad you brought up Nick Saban who has plans to play Cooper at DB there #1 WR is Chris Black.

Now should I go down the line of kids that were recruited to UM that didnt "handle there business" this man had some family issues going on back home. I am not privledged to share his business but point is he didnt flake out. How U know? No one said he got a raw deal my point is there are kids in Jacksonville interested in Miami his home boy committed to Notre Dame and he still stayed with Miami.

So we will exclude one region of Fla because we didnt have anyone on the team from N.Fla 10 years ago.

Chickillo is 3rd generation, his family were Canes you are proving my point. Portis (N.Fla) Sapp, Merrriweather N.Fla,

My point is the model when we were winning was S.Fla kids supplemented with kids from other areas. To exclude one region of Fla makes no since. To exclude anywhere where there are good players is ignorant.

But like I stated earlier Golden will change all that around, he will still heavily recruit S.Fla but will supplement from other areas.. For example he killed it in Tampa he is moving North as we speak. Kermit Whitfield is in Orlando.

chiknruf, you're limiting your perception.

Perception.

I don't want to speak for 904, but he's saying the PERCEPTION is that Miami is harder to play early at, and once again, due to negative recruiting on the part of UF and FSU, the PERCEPTION of these players in the northern parts of the state is that UM is biased toward 305 kids.

Perception. Perception is reality, whether it actually is fact - or not.

I overheard a couple dumbasses talking about how fast their cars were, and the lengths they went to - to make them lighter, and thus faster. One dumbsh** said he actually lowered the air in his tires to 15-20 pounds each, thus saving another forty pounds, rather than run the four tires at 30 pounds.

I couldn't help it, and told them that there wasn't 30 pounds of air in each tire, but that this was pounds per square inch of PRESSURE.

They argued with me for about two minutes until I grew weary and walked off. They were STILL dumbasses, because of their mistaken PERCEPTIONS.

Wasn't true, but they believed it.

Perceptions. THAT is what we're out to change.

That's all I am saying, that is the sole tactic FSU and UF uses, Millions of Miami fans in the 904 and kids that wont to go. But these are the tactics the FSU and UF's use and if there is not a presence from the "U" perception will continue to be reality

Glad one person gets it. Dequan Ivory is from Lake City and Golden raves about him and a 904 coach that's a Miami fan is who told him about this kid. Kid immediately decommitted from Louisville.. proves my point.

If you believe Miami won't play you over S. Fla kids, then you either don't watch Miami games at all or are dumb as **** and don't need to be even bothered with. It's funny how people wanna talk about Northwestern kids getting special treatment. And yet, there was Tommy Streeter, Kendall Thompkins, and Ben Jones riding the bench at Miami. D. Johnson, another kid from BTW riding the bench as well. Meanwhile, guys like Buchanon had no problem starting here. Dude was straight from Gator country. Telemaque had no problem getting by the Miami boys bias. Benjamin is a palm beach kid. LaRon Byrd from Louisiana. Ray Ray had no problem overcoming the Miami bias.

So stop coming up with excuses on what Miami coaches need to do. When maybe what you really need to do is go talk to those kids high school coaches and tell them to stop feeding them bull**** because I guarantee they're a part of the problem. If those coaches actually gave a **** about their kids and wanted them to get the best opportunity possible, then they would tell those kids to stop listening to FSU and UF people telling them all that mess. Because the proof is right there for anyone to see. My guess is, those coaches are the ones helping in feeding them that bull**** and pushing their kids to go to UF and FSU.

Advertisement
I live in NorthWestern Florida.

Here' it's all FSU, Alabama, Auburn, and LSU.

Let me introduce you to another word: Proximity.

And another: Proximity influence.

As far as who is dumb as ****, it isn't me, and it isn't 904.

I meant that to the kids. Same thing I said about Senat. If you're that stupid to believe Miami doesn't play freshman and/or non-Miami kids, then you're clearly not the Miami fan you claim to be or are an idiot that probably won't ever learn to pick up a playbook, so we don't even need to waste time on them.

People like 904 are good examples of why you don't let black people have the internets.

Dont misunderstand me.. I dont support Northrupp stating Miami didnt come to enough of his games. I think that's female stuff, showing love and all that mess. I am old school you committ and your done.

However by me living here up this way I know what the perceptions are. Perception during the late 90's and early 2000's (Miami was really strong) players from N.Florida were going to UF and FSU to play early.

For example Trouble Coles played as a true freshman in 1996 William McCray as well (FSU). They already knew that if they would have went to Miami that would not have happened.

A team mate of mine Lito Sheppard (huge gator fan) had a Miami offer. Played as a true freshman at UF. Gaffney's father and Uncle 'one of the first black QB as UF Don Gaffney' so he went to UF.

I think UM took Carl Walker , around town he was known as a big time hitter and was that at UM but never seen the field other than special teams which is fair he wasnt that good a safety more LB type.

My point is N.East Fla is some what UF/FSU territory but alot of that is because the perception is that you can play early at these schools versus
Miami who is bias toward S.Fla talent.

This is the perception up here and the area recruiter Mike Barrow knows it and is working hard to change it. Another major issue was Randy Shannon as a recruiter. U have heard many kids in S.Fla say Coach Shannon just didnt recruit me hard so I went...... That three year era didnt make it any better.

No disrespect to S.Fla football but the entire state is rich with talent I have confidence that Golden will make a presence in N.East Fla he is working the Orlando area pretty hard as we speak.

Folks in the Tally area are still salty about how they perceive Greg Threatt was treated while at Miami. I dont know the story on that one I dont live in the Big Bend.

FYI Clemson takes a heap of kids out of N.East Florida as well and they arent even in the state.

Yeah, but Clemson is a southern school, Miami is not. I've been following recruiting in the state for a quarter of a century, and I've noticed how the north Florida kids like to go to the southern colleges. I think it's a cultural thing. A kid in the panhandle is going to be more comfortable at FSU, Alabama or Auburn before he feels at home in Miami. Same with Jacksonville, probably. My theory, and it is just a theory, is that the kids from southern towns, whether it's the small towns in north Florida or bigger cities like Jax, just want to go to a school that's part of the south.

I might be wrong, but it's what I've observed over the years. To many kids upstate, south Florida is a foreign country, I suppose.

We used to get kids more easily from Texas than we did from the panhandle of Florida.

During the years I've followed UM football, we've had a handful of Jacksonville kids that were, more or less, stars: Tom Silky Sullivan in the late '60's, Willie Smith, A-A TE in the mid-80's, and maybe Carl Walker. Walker and Kevin Kirkeide seem to be the biggest names we have gotten in the past 20 years and neither did much at UM. We also got Alan Hall who I think was from the Jacksonville area and he was a bust at QB. That was back about '89 or so.

Advertisement
Back