Typical ND fans racist taunts on twitter

I would like to see that list of African-American players from ND in the 1940s.

Oh, wait...there weren’t any.

Look, things from fifty years ago doesn't matter, but since you brought it up, from literally about 5 minutes of research:

First African American football players at ND were on the team in 1953, while Ray Bellamy wouldn't take snaps at Miami for 14 more years.
The first two African American graduates from Notre Dame came in 1947, including one who was an athlete. I don't believe Miami even admitted African American students until 1961. And since were talking about racism in the 60s, you should look up Ted Hesburgh and his work on the U.S. Civil Right Commission.

Advertisement

Look, things from fifty years ago doesn't matter, but since you brought it up, from literally about 5 minutes of research:

First African American football players at ND were on the team in 1953, while Ray Bellamy wouldn't take snaps at Miami for 14 more years.
The first two African American graduates from Notre Dame came in 1947, including one who was an athlete. I don't believe Miami even admitted African American students until 1961. And since were talking about racism in the 60s, you should look up Ted Hesburgh and his work on the U.S. Civil Right Commission.
The 40’s were 70 years ago you ******* moron

I got no problem with this stuff... I think this is the fun spirited imagine we were all longing for again... When they start calling us names you know we're back in the mix.

The 40’s were 70 years ago you ****ing moron

More making reference to fifty years as things from a long time ago that don't matter, but I also brought up the 60s for the last part, which if I do some math, is FIFTY ******* YEARS!!!! But either way, my original point stands.

Every fanbase has racists. If our players wanted to be motivated by racism, all they'll have to do is visit CIS...you're welcome.

Advertisement

Joining up just to post. Cute.

How about you worry about today.

You have a bunch of your fans and alumni spitting racist taunts on social media, while you condescendingly post an ancient history lesson that is apparently of no relevance to your racist fan base.

Again, thank you for your paternalistic pat on our nappy little heads telling us how decades ago a few of your people did the right thing. But how about you explain to us how you have an army of keyboard warriors and racists spreading their racist spite. Why is your fanbase so patently racist?

Ray Bellamy was also the first black student body president at Miami, while we're talking about him

You have a bunch of your fans and alumni spitting racist taunts on social media, while you condescendingly post an ancient history lesson that is apparently of no relevance to your racist fan base.

Again, thank you for your paternalistic pat on our nappy little heads telling us how decades ago a few of your people did the right thing. But how about you explain to us how you have an army of keyboard warriors and racists spreading their racist spite. Why is your fanbase so patently racist?

This is where I disagree with you. Every fanbase has some bad apples, they're too large not too. I don't think our fanbase is any more racist than would be expected for a population its size, and if anything I personally believe its less racist. If you can prove that I am wrong in this fact I would glady reconsider my position, but since that is not possible I don't think this will come to a satisfactory conclusion for either of us.

I'm just shaking my head at the rampant bigotry in this thread. To see this filth trotted out on this board makes me sick.

I hate ND just as much as any on this board but this is repugnant. Twitter. Really? Twitter? Who the ***** cares about what is said on Twitter. ANYONE can create an account and pose as whatever they want. Twitter is a cesspool and some posts here choose to focus on select tweets so they can chat about their own blatant bigotry and hatred. I'm sure there aren't any tweets from UM fans that aren't racist, ignorant, bigoted or flat out stupid. </sarcasm>

ND may have been founded by Catholics but if you think every one of the students there are Catholic, you're mistaken. ND, Georgetown, etc. are Catholic in name only these days. They're rotting from within with all of this pc, social justice warrior bullshyte.

"Oh, a tweet, now let's hate on Catholics, let's hate on white guys, let's hate on Republicans" without knowing one real thing about the tweeter. Jump right into conclusions and vomit some crap that your heard on the Daily Show, Saturday Night Live or whatever progressive liberal sewer you've got your mental straw planted in. Pat yourselves on the back. You've shown your quality to the world today. Please proceed with your generalizations of select communities and ignorant circle jerk thread.

I'm a Catholic and a Cane and OH MY GOD I'M HALF WHITE. I guess I've got a little of something for everyone to hate. So be it.

Oh, and ***** ND.

80% of Notre Dame is Catholic, but other than the **** Notre Dame line, the rest of your post is dumb as ****

Let me get this straight. You're a moderator and this is what you post? Now it all makes sense.

Care to enlighten us on why you think this it is dumb as ****?

Because you're whinging like a . And being a moderator doesnt mean they cant call you out on it.

Calling out bigotry = whinging. Got it.

Advertisement

Look your school’s ****** fans are a bunch of racists and the only 30 for 30 you got was based around a racist code word.

I remember Hesburgh. No one can deny he was a good guy and a leader on civil rights. As far as ND integrating much earlier than Miami, keep in mind that Miami was still part of the south. Although it was generally ahead of the rest of the south, and not a true southern city in the sense the deep southern cities were, it had to move more slowly than schools up north.

I went to high school in Dade County in the early to mid-60's, and we only started to integrate--slowly--in about '63. I think there was one black kid in my high school starting in the fall of 1963. Things started to move more quickly in the late '60's in the public schools and Miami brought in Bellamy in '67. Back then, freshmen weren't eligible, they played on freshman teams. I remember Bellamy playing on the varsity on national TV when we lost to Bama in '68. He was an impressive tall fluid WR but that was essentially his last season after a bad car accident before his junior year. He was never the same and gave up football.

Miami did move more quickly than most of the southern schools. I do remember that Calvin Patterson from Miami was the first black player at FSU. He was a freshman in '68. He had a lot of personal problems and died very young. As I recall, he committed suicide. I don't think he had the proper emotional support to be the groundbreaker. He had a lot of pressure on him. I don't know when the SEC schools started to integrate, sometime in the '70's, I guess.

You have to consider the environment for a school like Miami. Sure, the city was more inclusive and tolerant, but it was still in the south and the entire state had a segregated public school system. Had Notre Dame been in Miami, I'm sure the pace of integration would have also been much slower.

Advertisement
WHO THE ACTUAL F*CK STILL USES AOL?!!!
Lol... Me and 3 other old people.
Lol man I still have an aol account as well. I call it my burner email account.

Yea, and I am one of the 3 other "old" people who still have AOL. When you get old, you don't do well with change.

I still have an AOL account. I checked the email a few weeks ago--probably for the first time in several years. My main account is gmail.

This is where I disagree with you. Every fanbase has some bad apples, they're too large not too. I don't think our fanbase is any more racist than would be expected for a population its size, and if anything I personally believe its less racist. If you can prove that I am wrong in this fact I would glady reconsider my position, but since that is not possible I don't think this will come to a satisfactory conclusion for either of us.

The hate I saw on the ND campus in '88 was appalling. Sick.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, the ND administration found the behavior on campus (shirts, signs, etc.) so appalling they called off the series. I'm sure they were very embarrassed by what their own students did.

Advertisement

I am beginning to think you are a ******* idiot. There are a lot of non white people on this site racist as ****.

This is from a real priest.

[TWEET]927337476569681921[/TWEET]

Hard to believe.

I lived in a bad neighborhood in Pompano beach has nothing to do with being a racist comment. WTF I think you are pussified. You sound like a woman, if my wife was whining like you I'd divorce her ***. She's tougher than half of you ******* ***** whiners in here. Stop this **** and talk football.

Were gonna hurt these mother ****ers Saturday. Mark my words. This game is so Miami. It’s like history is just repeating itself.

This is from a real priest.

[TWEET]927337476569681921[/TWEET]

Hard to believe.

My best friend was a criminal, mostly drugs and stealing from stores, just couldn't get him to stop till the day he died. We spent plenty of time in the orange bowl . Most loyal human being I ever met, I even put my house up for his bail one time. Not all criminals are black dumb ***. You think someone calling him a criminal hurt his feelings.

Stop ******* acting like a cry baby. You gotta be in your twenties, none of my black friends whined as some in here do. Someone disrespected them I'd be the first one beating someones ***. One of my good friends called me krakka all the time, I laughed my *** off he was a riot. Ya it sucks, there are white racists, black racists, (Mexican racists out here in Vegas), it is what it is. People whining about it all the time just makes it worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back