Typical ND fans racist taunts on twitter

Calling Miami racist because of something that happened over 70 years ago, when Miami was a completely different place, basically a backwater no different than the rest of the Deep South. Practically no diversity, like the area Notre Dame is in TODAY.

Since then, as has already been pointed out, Miami was the first of the schools in the old south to have African American scholarship players. Significantly before Florida, Alabama and the rest of the SEC. Know your history.

I’ll match up Miami today against ND in terms of inclusiveness and global diversity. Not even a contest.
~~
What happened 70 years ago?Their hate goes back to '85 or '86. Their bitterness goes back to our 58-7 victory over them after Gerry Faust was fired but still coaching. They felt we ran up the score and showed no mercy on their poor, miserable sad sack coach. I think in one of our earlier games in that decade they claimed we taunted their players.

JJ said we would keep passing if they were going to blitz. They claimed we ran up the score and should have run the ball. I think our last TD was on a blocked punt when Bill Hawkins recovered in the end zone. Somebody said later we only had ten on the field at the time.

By the way, you're very wrong about Miami being just like the rest of the South. It was much more tolerant, generally integrated schools fairly smoothly without the kind of disruption and antagonism that happened some other real southern communities, had far less segregation ( notice I said far less, not that it didn't exist.) When George Smathers smeared Claude Pepper out of his Senate seat in 1948 (as I recall) Pepper went south and ran successfully for Congress from the Miami area term-after-term. Miami was populated early on with a lot of northerners and others who had no sympathy for the racist values and attitudes of the Old South. Incidentally, some of the worst racism I ever heard came out of the mouth of some whites from Boston.

1950. The Red Pepper/Smathers race was in 1950. I have a chapter on it in my dissertation.

That's great! What's the subject of your dissertation?

Advertisement
Calling Miami racist because of something that happened over 70 years ago, when Miami was a completely different place, basically a backwater no different than the rest of the Deep South. Practically no diversity, like the area Notre Dame is in TODAY.

Since then, as has already been pointed out, Miami was the first of the schools in the old south to have African American scholarship players. Significantly before Florida, Alabama and the rest of the SEC. Know your history.

I’ll match up Miami today against ND in terms of inclusiveness and global diversity. Not even a contest.
~~
What happened 70 years ago?Their hate goes back to '85 or '86. Their bitterness goes back to our 58-7 victory over them after Gerry Faust was fired but still coaching. They felt we ran up the score and showed no mercy on their poor, miserable sad sack coach. I think in one of our earlier games in that decade they claimed we taunted their players.

JJ said we would keep passing if they were going to blitz. They claimed we ran up the score and should have run the ball. I think our last TD was on a blocked punt when Bill Hawkins recovered in the end zone. Somebody said later we only had ten on the field at the time.

By the way, you're very wrong about Miami being just like the rest of the South. It was much more tolerant, generally integrated schools fairly smoothly without the kind of disruption and antagonism that happened some other real southern communities, had far less segregation ( notice I said far less, not that it didn't exist.) When George Smathers smeared Claude Pepper out of his Senate seat in 1948 (as I recall) Pepper went south and ran successfully for Congress from the Miami area term-after-term. Miami was populated early on with a lot of northerners and others who had no sympathy for the racist values and attitudes of the Old South. Incidentally, some of the worst racism I ever heard came out of the mouth of some whites from Boston.

1950. The Red Pepper/Smathers race was in 1950. I have a chapter on it in my dissertation.

Shifting political landscape in Florida from 1945-1968, but McCartyism in Florida (Johns Committee) was a big focus).

Was that the race where George Smathers supposedly smeared Pepper by calling him a "thespian." You know what many of the less-educated, less sophisticated thought that meant.

I think it was that race, but I'm not sure. It might have been another race or it might just be apocryphal.

So who whacked the golden domed troll... [MENTION=2193]IndayArtHauz[/MENTION] or [MENTION=5094]Notsince1985[/MENTION]???

Need the info for my kill count.

Capture+_2017-11-07-13-20-02.jpg

Last edited:

~~

Shifting political landscape in Florida from 1945-1968, but McCartyism in Florida (Johns Committee) was a big focus).

Has the dissertation been accepted by your committee? Is it online somewhere. I'd find it very interesting. Actually volunteered in the JFK campaign in 1960, wasn't even voting age yet. Remember so many of the old pols, Fascell, Robert King High, Leroy Collins, Walkin Lawton. Claude Kirk, Reuben Askew. Vaguely remember Johns Committee. Little before my time.

Advertisement
Was that the race where George Smathers supposedly smeared Pepper by calling him a "thespian." You know what many of the less-educated, less sophisticated thought that meant.

I think it was that race, but I'm not sure. It might have been another race or it might just be apocryphal.

Yup, though he claimed he never said it, but it was reprinted over and over and over again

~~

Has the dissertation been accepted by your committee? Is it online somewhere. I'd find it very interesting. Actually volunteered in the JFK campaign in 1960, wasn't even voting age yet. Remember so many of the old pols, Fascell, Robert King High, Leroy Collins, Walkin Lawton. Claude Kirk, Reuben Askew. Vaguely remember Johns Committee. Little before my time.

Yeah. I got my doctorate in 2007. I'll PM you the link.

You know, back in the day, the Grassy contingent would have this guy's IP address all the way through nude photos of his chunky wife plastered all over the Internet in about 12 minutes. That was before social media.

Come on, Millennials, impress us.

Next time I’ll look at the profile, and the profile picture, a lot more closely.

The comment was not so way out there, so it seemed like something some old timer priest drunk on sacramental wine and altar boy chowder might say.

The real story is that more-than-real guy from the original post. That’s a legit human being. I thoroughly looked through his profile. He’s very typical of all the “thug, ghetto rats, criminals” comments from their fans and boosters all over social media.

He's a Domer. They all hide behind their religious school as if its a shield for them to say stupid *** ****, as if its okay for them to be backwards because their school is "ordained by God." **** them. They're garbage people.

Coming from people who worship a completely racist university, I find it ironic.

GTFOH with that ****. You've clearly never been on campus. And there you go, proving my point.

"And doth I clothe my naked villainy in old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ. And seem a saint when at most I play the devil [or ND Domer trash, essentially synonyms]."

Be gone troll!

Why wouldn't t Miami play Penn State when Penn State had a black player on their team? Or did that not happen?

When did that happen? I attended a UM-PSU game in the early '60's.

Advertisement
He's a Domer. They all hide behind their religious school as if its a shield for them to say stupid *** ****, as if its okay for them to be backwards because their school is "ordained by God." **** them. They're garbage people.

Coming from people who worship a completely racist university, I find it ironic.

In what way (and BE SPECIFIC) is the University of Miami a "completely racist university". I really want to hear your response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgORYNfZGs

Go to about the 3:45 mark

You suck at trolling, you went at it too fast, yesterday you had some decent posts and were able to pull it off, but you jumped the shark.

Are U implying that this is McElwain's account

Yeah. I got my doctorate in 2007. I'll PM you the link.

Great! Thanks!

Look at this guy. A lawyer. An officer of the court. A Notre Dame fan. A stone cold racist. And believe me, he’s not alone.

[TWEET]927702378383593473[/TWEET]

“Your ghetto team is nothing special.”

I'm guessing the PUNK **** dude probably voted for that Trump! Because both SHARE the same mentality and all that!

It doesn't matter that that twitter account isn't a real priest, that has nothing to do about it. It's that no matter what we do we're "thugs". Kids dancing? Thugs. Kids wear a chain? Thugs. Kids go to class graduate and display great sportsmanship? Still thugs.

What has anyone on this team done in the last 15 years that was thuggish? In fact when has a Miami player ever been thuggish?

It's just that anything Miami does is equated with being a thug and you're full of sht if you think "thug" isn't code for "black". So they can use code words all they want, but I see them and know what they're about.

Advertisement
We’re “thugs” and “convicts” who also lead the nation in community service hours while having one of the highest graduation rates in the country. The “thug” stereotype is so played out and at this point pathetic. Come up with something different and factual you pieces of sh*t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And anybody with a clear mind knows that... thug is just another way of saying ni..er! In other words, these Miami haters are very subtle employing their racist beliefs, attitudes and FEARS! hUh.

Advertisement
It doesn't matter that that twitter account isn't a real priest, that has nothing to do about it. It's that no matter what we do we're "thugs". Kids dancing? Thugs. Kids wear a chain? Thugs. Kids go to class graduate and display great sportsmanship? Still thugs.

What has anyone on this team done in the last 15 years that was thuggish? In fact when has a Miami player ever been thuggish?

It's just that anything Miami does is equated with being a thug and you're full of sht if you think "thug" isn't code for "black". So they can use code words all they want, but I see them and know what they're about.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong about this particular use of ' code word. ' Because ' thug ' is just another way of subtly saying... ni..er! Nothing more and nothing less.

Next time I’ll look at the profile, and the profile picture, a lot more closely.

The comment was not so way out there, so it seemed like something some old timer priest drunk on sacramental wine and altar boy chowder might say.

The real story is that more-than-real guy from the original post. That’s a legit human being. I thoroughly looked through his profile. He’s very typical of all the “thug, ghetto rats, criminals” comments from their fans and boosters all over social media.

GTFOH with that ****. You've clearly never been on campus. And there you go, proving my point.

"And doth I clothe my naked villainy in old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ. And seem a saint when at most I play the devil [or ND Domer trash, essentially synonyms]."

Be gone troll!

Why wouldn't t Miami play Penn State when Penn State had a black player on their team? Or did that not happen?

Yes, it did happen. But those days tend to be gone in some instances. Also, Miami, Florida Hurricane football was one of the FIRST programs in the deep south to have a black player on their team. dUh.

Unfortunately, most, but not all, of the ND fan base still HOLDS racist and prejudice views towards other black football players.

Be gone troll!

When did that happen? I attended a UM-PSU game in the early '60's.

I believe it happened in either the late 1940's or early 1950's. And Pax Americana was a DIFFERENT country back then. dUh.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong about this particular use of ' code word. ' Because ' thug ' is just another way of subtly saying... ni..er! Nothing more and nothing less.

It's code to them. We know what they mean. It's all about race.

Advertisement
Back