Tyler Davis update...

No offense but with this logic we are the clear underdog here. All three others of his top 4 have had more success putting DL in the league recently.
Thats why I point strictly to recent success and the new NFL trained DL guru we have in Simpson. The comp has done better still in that regard but Recent success should still weighed for Miami.

Advertisement
No offense but with this logic we are the clear underdog here. All three others of his top 4 have had more success putting DL in the league recently.

For comparisons sake

Clemson
Carlos Watkins 4th Rd
Shaw Lawson 1st Rd
Kevin Dodd 2nd Rd
DJ Reader 5th Rd
Grady Jarrett 5th Rd
MAlliciah Goodman 4th Rd

Miami
Chad Thomas 3rd
Rj McIntosh 5th
Ken Norton 7
Aqm 6th
Chickillo 6th

Ohiost
Lewis 2nd
Hubbard 3rd
Holmes 4th
Bosa 1
Washington 3
Bennett 6th
Hankins 2nd

Fsu
Nnadi 2nd
Sweat 4th
Walker 2nd
Edwards 2nd
Goldman 2nd
Jernigan 2nd
Caraddine 2nd
Dawkins 7th

For comparisons sake

Clemson
Carlos Watkins 4th Rd
Shaw Lawson 1st Rd
Kevin Dodd 2nd Rd
DJ Reader 5th Rd
Grady Jarrett 5th Rd
MAlliciah Goodman 4th Rd

Miami
Chad Thomas 3rd
Rj McIntosh 5th
Ken Norton 7
Aqm 6th
Chickillo 6th

Ohiost
Lewis 2nd
Hubbard 3rd
Holmes 4th
Bosa 1
Washington 3
Bennett 6th
Hankins 2nd

Fsu
Nnadi 2nd
Sweat 4th
Walker 2nd
Edwards 2nd
Goldman 2nd
Jernigan 2nd
Caraddine 2nd
Dawkins 7th
Yeah and how many of them has FSU put in the league the last couple years?

I think Clemson is legit threat. They lose a ton of DT’s and after us they are the best bet for early PT. FSU has his teammate committed but he has visited us and Clemson more I believe, not sure about O$U.

I think if he shows up here for Paradise then that will tell you a lot about our position with him.
I stated previously in a couple of posts that Clemson is very thin at DT. They only have 4 DT's on the roster for the 2018 season. Their top 2018 DT recruit transferred to U. of South Carolina. They will have only 2 DT's on their roster after the 2018 season.

It's going to be a tough battle with Clemson because Davis will see a lot of playing time at Clemson and may be a day-1 starter for them. He would play a lot at Miami. However, being a day-1 starter at UM may be a reach.

Let's just hope CMR can get him to Paradise. That would give us the best chance to sign him in December. If he doesn't show for Pardise camp, then it's safe to say he won't be committing to Miami and we can move on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You seem very negative lately.

Why should I be positive for him when he's done nothing since he's been here and was a questionable hire to begin with. His #1 target... If NSD is today Bohgle is going to UT or Bama.

This business is all about results. I love Dugans and Hartley, because they deliver results time over time. If you don't deliver results, you get criticism. Shocked I have to lay that out to some of you!

If I'm a coach or a parent..I'm hesitant sending my kid to play for him.
He was one of the most respected coaches in Georgia highschool rankings history, has produced multiple high level players at every level at Buford Georgia and you usually don’t see highschool coaches jumping from the highschool rankings to the nfl like he did. He knows his **** period and played an integral role in how the falcons dline played last year

He was one of the most respected coaches in Georgia highschool rankings history, has produced multiple high level players at every level at Buford Georgia and you usually don’t see highschool coaches jumping from the highschool rankings to the nfl like he did. He knows his **** period and played an integral role in how the falcons dline played last year

This isn't high school Brock...this is big boy football that he's never coached or even recruited at this level until this year here.

& he didn't jump to the NFL from high school...he went to Ga State first as their DL coach...he flaked out on them and in 3 months and became a Gopher for the Falcons.

He has no track record or history of developing kids at this level and sending kids from this level to the NFL...that would be my concern as a parent or a high school coach.

Bryan Cox coached that DL...you think Cox let Simpson run his DL? Stop it

Advertisement
Why should I be positive for him when he's done nothing since he's been here and was a questionable hire to begin with. His #1 target... If NSD is today Bohgle is going to UT or Bama.

This business is all about results. I love Dugans and Hartley, because they deliver results time over time. If you don't deliver results, you get criticism. Shocked I have to lay that out to some of you!
Understand your passion but stating anything concrete of what Bogle would do today ignores his scattered process to date. NO ONE knows where he is going. We can't assume anything there.

This isn't high school Brock...this is big boy football that he's never coached or even recruited at this level until this year here.

& he didn't jump to the NFL from high school...he went to Ga State first as their DL coach...he flaked out on them and in 3 months and became a Gopher for the Falcons.

He has no track record or history of developing kids at this level and sending kids from this level to the NFL...that would be my concern as a parent or a high school coach.

Bryan Cox didnt do a good job coaching his own son.

Advertisement

He has a great track record of D-1 players especially along the defensive line. There is a reason he was hired by the Falcons. You don't get hired in the NFl without a history. You don't jump from HS to NFL in less than a year without MAJOR production. Use all the context not just negative objectivity.

He has a great track record of D-1 players especially along the defensive line. .
He didn't even coach the DL at Buford.

There is a reason he was hired by the Falcons.

Two of Simpson’s former players, played for the current Falcons HC when the Falcons HC was at UF.

You don't get hired in the NFl without a history.

He did and there are plenty of others...see Kyle Shanahan..went from college GA to Bucs assistant without any history other than being Mike's son.

LOL...quit running your mouth.

You don't jump from HS to NFL in less than a year without MAJOR production.
Where is his major production at DL? Again..he wasn't the DL coach when he was winning titles as a HC in high school.

Use all the context not just negative objectivity.

You guys just love sucking **** of whatever coach we hire. I said I would be hesistant...you have put forth nothing that would make me non hesitant...in fact...our DL recruiting is proving exactly what we are seeing.

Some of yall are so stupid...Buford beat the crap out of so many schools in GA and yall think GA high school coaches are just going to line up and send their kids to him.

He may prove to be an excellent coach and recruiter in due time but RIGHT NOW.... the hire is puzzling at this point in time.

Some of yall are so stupid...Buford beat the crap out of so many schools in GA and yall think GA high school coaches are just going to line up and send their kids to him.

He may prove to be an excellent coach and recruiter in due time but RIGHT NOW.... the hire is puzzling at this point in time.
I’ll give it a chance but I was Puzzled at the hire initially as well. Kool had a great reputation but the common theme from our dline was that they were raw even after 2 years with kool. They can improve on many things so I’m willing to give Simpson a chance

Advertisement
Back