Tyler Davis update...

Advertisement
He didn't even coach the DL at Buford tho.

Two of Simpson’s former players, played for the current Falcons HC when the Falcons HC was at UF.

He did and there are plenty of others...see Kyle Shanahan..went from college GA to Bucs assistant without any history other than being Mike's son.

LOL...quit running your mouth.

Where is his major production at DL? Again..he wasn't the DL coach when he was winning titles as a HC in high school.

You guys just love sucking **** of whatever coach we hire. I said I would be hesistant...you have put forth nothing that would make me non hesitant...in fact...our DL recruiting is proving exactly what we are seeing.
Lol he did coach DL at Buford tho

Why should I be positive for him when he's done nothing since he's been here and was a questionable hire to begin with. His #1 target... If NSD is today Bohgle is going to UT or Bama.

This business is all about results. I love Dugans and Hartley, because they deliver results time over time. If you don't deliver results, you get criticism. Shocked I have to lay that out to some of you!

The way you talk out of both sides of your mouth has me thinking you are a professional ventriloquist. On the one hand, you (correctly) note the business of coaching is all based on results. But then you go full Tom Cruise on a coach and put Simpson's job on the line saying he needs to get it in gear, claiming that we lose Bogle if NSD was today (note: it's not today) based on that scared feeling in your depleted sack. You spout this ****-infected drivel despite the fact Simpson's barely been here four months, the man's defensive line has not played a meaningful snap of football (unless you count the Spring game, which they dominated), and he has not had a single signing day to grade his ability to "stack chips" (though Harvey and Munoz have committed on the DL since his arrival).

Basically, you're criticizing the man before he's even had the opportunity to produce any results (then saying you get criticized when you don't deliver results). So your feeling of "shock" completely is unjustified and a bit absurd at this stage in the game.

Advertisement
This isn't high school Brock...this is big boy football that he's never coached or even recruited at this level until this year here.

& he didn't jump to the NFL from high school...he went to Ga State first as their DL coach...he flaked out on them and in 3 months and became a Gopher for the Falcons.

He has no track record or history of developing kids at this level and sending kids from this level to the NFL...that would be my concern as a parent or a high school coach.

Bryan Cox coached that DL...you think Cox let Simpson run his DL? Stop it

It’s funny when people hate on you for pointing out facts. The same can be said for Banda/Rumph. This is why we lost Campbell, Surtain and other la due to our coaches lack of track record. IM not saying our coaches suck, but their resumes don’t stack up with the top staffs in the country. It’s just facts! Take off your orange and green glasses everyone. It’s part of the process we have to trust with a Richt bringing in his guys who he gels with. Let’s all hope it works out in the end.

This isn't high school Brock...this is big boy football that he's never coached or even recruited at this level until this year here.

& he didn't jump to the NFL from high school...he went to Ga State first as their DL coach...he flaked out on them and in 3 months and became a Gopher for the Falcons.

He has no track record or history of developing kids at this level and sending kids from this level to the NFL...that would be my concern as a parent or a high school coach.

All facts
He was the NFL equivalent of a Graduate Assistant. He was a “Defensive Assistant”. That’s all that means, trust me..I know what “Defensive Assistants” for NFL teams do.
I agree w this, and expressed the same concerns when he was hired but this is CIS and anything that isn’t positive means that you are a Debbie downer and not a real Canes fan. Just imagine if FSU or UF has hired Simpson, it would have went into their “tears” thread or whatever that bull**** is y’all have created.

Anyway, he is ours now so I wish him the best but if he loses Davis to FSU that would be extremely dissapointing.

Last edited:

I know I'm in a class of my own, but I firmly agree with you.

Especially after Coach Kools mishaps last year around NSD, I would have liked to see a way more proven commodity at DL coach.Not saying Simpson can evolve into that one day, but Miami should not have to be burdened the opportunity cost for him to figure it out. Same goes for Rumph, and Lil Richt too.

And since Simpsons been hired, I've seen very little uptick in GA recruting or recruting of elite DL. We essentially just got Ga States DL coach who did an internship with the Falcons. It's like Al Goldens Temple South all over again.

Last edited:
All facts
He was the NFL equivalent of a Graduate Assistant. He was a “Defensive Assistant”. That’s all that means, trust me..I know what “Defensive Assistants” for NFL teams do.
I agree w this, and expressed the same concerns when he was hired but this is CIS and anything that isn’t positive means that you are a Debbie downer and not a real Canes fan. Just imagine if FSU or UF has hired Simpson, it would have went into their “tears” thread or whatever that bull**** is y’all have created.

Anyway, he is ours now so I wish him the best but if he loses Davis to FSU that would be extremely dissapointing.

So true

Advertisement
Some of yall are so stupid...Buford beat the crap out of so many schools in GA and yall think GA high school coaches are just going to line up and send their kids to him.

He may prove to be an excellent coach and recruiter in due time but RIGHT NOW.... the hire is puzzling at this point in time.

You're right on the money. Another thing lost in all of this is people never learn that great HS coaches don't always make great CFB positional coaches. I mean look at all the struggles Rumph has had. Look at Ice Harris?? Pretty sure he's right back where he started. It's a different job that requires a different skill set. Unless you're a tactical phenomn (Gus Malzhan/Chad Morris) or just a straight up cheating charlatan (Hugh Freeze), it's very hard to make the jump in today's environment.

I keep seeing new posts in these threads and think that there’s new info. Only to find out it’s just grown men (I assume) acting like children.

Yup. Hence why I said I can’t wait for the season to start.

Only sacred place it seems is Gator Tears. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
Noles 247 article has a quote from Davis stating his top four as FSU, Miami, Clemson, and Ohio State.

Says he will take two officials to Clemson and OSU but won't official to FSU and Miami bc he "can just go there."

Will announce before or during football season.

Noles 247 article has a quote from Davis stating his top four as FSU, Miami, Clemson, and Ohio State.

Says he will take two officials to Clemson and OSU but won't official to FSU and Miami bc he "can just go there."

Thank you. Threads always seem to get off topic. I get his reasoning. And if he sticks to that I don't see anything wrong with it. This is a kid we need to attend Paradise Camp. If he comes and bond with the other commits and love the environment we could get an early leg up. Long way to go but Simpson definitely impressed him. Now he has to close the deal.

If this is true he has to come to Paradise

Advertisement
I know I'm in a class of my own, but I firmly agree with you.

Especially after Coach Kools mishaps last year around NSD, I would have liked to see a way more proven commodity at DL coach.Not saying Simpson can evolve into that one day, but Miami should not have to be burdened the opportunity cost for him to figure it out. Same goes for Rumph, and Lil Richt too.

And since Simpsons been hired, I've seen very little uptick in GA recruting or recruting of elite DL. We essentially just got Ga States DL coach who did an internship with the Falcons. It's like Al Goldens Temple South all over again.
Really? This is where we're at? Year 3 of the Richt era and this cloud of doubt has emerged. Regardless, I don't see the point of doubting a coach's ability before the season has even started.
Lots of coaches emerge from the high school ranks and by all accounts this man was a legend. Secondly, our D-line raves that he's teaching them things that Kool didn't even teach. Let's see the product on the field before passing any kind of judgment.

Most fans should be golf caddies and not coaching prognosticators. Show up. Shut up!!! And keep up!!!!

All facts

Exactly...you know how it is.

Most of these guys are mouth breathers and aren't smart enough to understand the concerns.

You're right on the money. Another thing lost in all of this is people never learn that great HS coaches don't always make great CFB positional coaches. I mean look at all the struggles Rumph has had. Look at Ice Harris?? Pretty sure he's right back where he started. It's a different job that requires a different skill set. Unless you're a tactical phenomn (Gus Malzhan/Chad Morris) or just a straight up cheating charlatan (Hugh Freeze), it's very hard to make the jump in today's environment.

Well said...the rest of these mouth breathers can't even fathom this.

He didn't even coach the DL at Buford.

Two of Simpson’s former players, played for the current Falcons HC when the Falcons HC was at UF.

He did and there are plenty of others...see Kyle Shanahan..went from college GA to Bucs assistant without any history other than being Mike's son.

LOL...quit running your mouth.

Where is his major production at DL? Again..he wasn't the DL coach when he was winning titles as a HC in high school.

You guys just love sucking **** of whatever coach we hire. I said I would be hesistant...you have put forth nothing that would make me non hesitant...in fact...our DL recruiting is proving exactly what we are seeing.
Why you so cranky man, lol? I respect your opinion, but I would appreciate you keeping the disrepect to yourself. I have none for you and would like to keep it like that.

There is a pretty good article that staets he was extremely hands on with DL at Buford. And you saying two of his former players is a small sample of players he has helped get to the NFL.

Who is Jess Simpson, Miami Hurricanes’ new defensive line coach? ‘A legend’ in Georgia prep ranks moves up | Canes Watch

"In 22 seasons under Wood and Simpson, Buford reached 15 state finals and won 10. In that time, he spoke at clinics, made friends and networked across the South, earning a bunch of fans among his peers.
“Sometimes it seems coaches sell their souls to win a bunch of ballgames, but he’s a class act,” Webb said. “He does it the right way. Always nothing but professional and courteous, down to earth. In a room full of coaches. you wouldn’t know he was the one who won all those titles.”
He ran the program, but the defensive line was his specialty. At every practice, Wood said, he spent time in the trenches.
“He became a guru, to the point college recruiters would come around and get on the [chalkboard] with him,” Wood said. “That’s what he studied in the offseason. He’s one of the best defensive line coaches, any level, anywhere.”

Ex-prep coach Simpson makes jump to NFL

Falcons coach Dan Quinn and Simpson’s paths first crossed at the University of Florida in 2011. Simpson was visiting Gainesville, Fla., to check on a former player.
“He came down to visit with (Falcons assistant coach Bryant Young) and I when we were at Florida,” Quinn said. “We went out that evening and then the next day. We were just going through everything (defensive) line. I remember leaving that interaction and thinking that guy is a **** of a coach.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quinn believes that Simpson’s teaching methods will work with pros.
“The ability to communicate and articulate what you are trying to get taught to the players translates,” Quinn said. “I saw that from coach-to-coach and I also saw that coach-to-player.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back