Tyler Davis update...

Advertisement
Davis Stevenson and Evans are priorities with current listed verbal commitments would be a great class. Richards and Macintosh addition to offense adds elite depth. I would use Richards as a slot receiver!

Advertisement
You're right on the money. Another thing lost in all of this is people never learn that great HS coaches don't always make great CFB positional coaches. I mean look at all the struggles Rumph has had. Look at Ice Harris?? Pretty sure he's right back where he started. It's a different job that requires a different skill set. Unless you're a tactical phenomn (Gus Malzhan/Chad Morris) or just a straight up cheating charlatan (Hugh Freeze), it's very hard to make the jump in today's environment.

Not disagreeing but where do you expect college coaches to come from? Start as a GA or some support position then promote within? Or coach at an FCS program then move over to a bigger school? Both of these scenarios could likely fit into your statement "that a great (insert origin here) doesn't make a great CFB positional coach."

Again, I agree the high school and college dynamic is completely different (even though I feel the gap is smaller than it was 10 years ago) and great HS coaches don't always make great CFB positional coaches but not like you can grab an accountant to coach the dline.

As was said earlier, bashing a position coach before he has even put his product on the field is stupid and unfair.

Let’s at least wait and see how the DLine does this year. If they underperform, then criticism is warranted.

However, if Uncle Jessie can get these guys playing like savages, dominating the LOS, and racking up big stats I can guarantee the cats on here prematurely bashing the guy will not bump this thread and eat crow.

As was said earlier, bashing a position coach before he has even put his product on the field is stupid and unfair.

Let’s at least wait and see how the DLine does this year. If they underperform, then criticism is warranted.

However, if Uncle Jessie can get these guys playing like savages, dominating the LOS, and racking up big stats I can guarantee the cats on here prematurely bashing the guy will not bump this thread and eat crow.

Will gladly eat crow. At the end of the day, I want Miami to be great again. Spent a ton of money to go to school there, and feel like I have every right to voice my opinion about the product on the field. Success is hard to achieve in this game and you have to be great across the board. In a lot of ways, you're only as good as your weakest player or weakest coach and at the highest levels of competition that gets exposed. So far I think CMR has made some great choices, but some questionable ones as well. Nobody is looking for perfection, I just don't want to see us get bogged down in the same pitfalls that plagued him at UGA.

Will gladly eat crow. At the end of the day, I want Miami to be great again. Spent a ton of money to go to school there, and feel like I have every right to voice my opinion about the product on the field. Success is hard to achieve in this game and you have to be great across the board. In a lot of ways, you're only as good as your weakest player or weakest coach and at the highest levels of competition that gets exposed. So far I think CMR has made some great choices, but some questionable ones as well. Nobody is looking for perfection, I just don't want to see us get bogged down in the same pitfalls that plagued him at UGA.
You definitely dont want Miami to be great again

Advertisement
Not if he is playing for FSU, lol. Even CU mods are now starting to acknowledge Davis being at FSU that weekend.

I keep seeing new posts in these threads and think that there’s new info. Only to find out it’s just grown men (I assume) acting like children.

It’s turned into most of the other threads on the recruiting board. A bunch of crying , trolling and ***gotry.

It’s only July , some of you need to go to your safe place to at least late dec.

Advertisement
Not if he is playing for FSU, lol. Even CU mods are now starting to acknowledge Davis being at FSU that weekend.
Probably going off what newberg reported in that Renardo green interview at the opening. We will see that week because In his most recent interview with Ivins this last Sunday he said either paradise camp or FSU camp

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back