Ty Stevenson Blog excerpt:

Good news is that the middle of our offensive line is totally revamped. Enter Rivers and Donaldson and take out Clark and Scaife and we shouldnt have DT/ILBs just bullrushing the middle of the pocket and collapsing it before King can even get set. Clemson killed us with that.
Yeah it looked like a video game strategy and it completely rendered us useless

Advertisement
It's always a feast or famine matchup.

Miami's domination of traditional powers a good example on the speed side, Nebraska's shellacking of Florida in 96' Fiesta Bowl showed size crushed speed.

Obviously numerous other pro/con examples.

I remain in belief Saban has it figured out for this era... ball control offense disguised as spread.
I don’t disagree as to Bama. But if we are as fast as Stevenson writes, then the rest of college football is in trouble.
I still remember watching UM v FSU in 2000 and literally thinking we are just as fast as FSU which was the measuring stick at the time Bama will tell us what we need to know about our team on a national level.

We solid no doubt. Depth across board? Play faster check! We just have to beat every team after baga if we don't beat them. We are in a position to go 11-1 and anything less is not going to get those top recruits that are on the fence.

Referring to the past is meaningless and short sighted.

This game is finally going to show what our offense can do when given the opportunity to fully integrate Lashlee’s vision.

Win or lose it’s gonna be a **** of a game.
Que the “I hope so” GIF

Advertisement
Love the fact that he also mentioned that we are a well conditioned team. Goes to show that our conditioning stands out compared to UGA.. That will be HUGE is many games this year. What did Jimmy Johnson say, "Fatigue makes cowards of us all". We will beat some teams on our schedule strictly based on the fact that when the 4th quarter comes we will still have a full tank of gas while most teams will be on E.
Happened last year.

Just to add a few more nuggets from his blog:

-Rique said the Miami coaches knew ahead of his public commitment at the All Star Game that he was going to UGA. He said he was really torn and waited until the last minute he could to sign during the ESD.

- TS talked about how his relationship with Kirby (and he calls him out by name) "soured" over their disagreements on where he would play... He mentions that Smart wanted him to play "other positions". He said he talked to Kirby about playing CB but that he only actually got to play that spot in 4 games as a freshman. After that, he never got to play CB again.

He said that he had so many schools reach out to him the first day he was in the portal it drained his phone of battery. He goes on to say that Manny was one of the first to reach him . "He’s doing a normal recruitment speech, the normal stuff, and I cut him off - `Coach, I’m coming. Nothing else needs to be said. I’m coming to work, coming to give my all, be the best player I can be.’"

There's a lot more personal info in the blog; it was definitely written from the heart.

The title of it is: My Journey Brought Me Home and I'm the Happiest I've Ever Been

As big as he is I can see why Kirby was hesistant to put him at CB and saw him as a Striker/Star/Safety type but glad that Kirby stuck to his guns and let TS fall into our lap! Looking forward to a 1st team All ACC type season from him. Hes got a HUGE chip on his shoulder to prove that Kirby was dead wrong.

Advertisement
They whole article was him on canesport(rivals website). I’m not gonna copy and paste it. But it was a great read. Cool to learn a lot about him. I think the avg fan here should read it and realize why some guys leave south Florida to go elsewhere. I get we want these recruits down here, but sometimes it’s bigger then football. Sometimes the player and family want to leave home to mature and all that, which you have to respect. I get the bag talk, but sometimes leaving home is ideal for these kids.
Also will mention, the reasons he left Georgia were 1000% on par with what @Cribby had mentioned several times. Respect for that intell.
I definitely am excited to see this team too. We have the pieces, year two and a much older team. The speed! And the non football stuff has been so encouraging based on that article and other stuff around. How a team bonds can really really impact a team beyond the x and o’s. We got a fun season ahead
Thanks for pointing out that there was a lot more to it than just the part quoted. That was a great read.

I love how Diaz didn't assume things and take for granted that we had Tyrique in the bag due to our established relationship with him. I love how he cut Diaz off to tell him he was coming even more! Imagine the feeling and Beavis look on Diaz's face when he hung up from that call. Amazing behind the scenes stuff!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just to add a few more nuggets from his blog:

-Rique said the Miami coaches knew ahead of his public commitment at the All Star Game that he was going to UGA. He said he was really torn and waited until the last minute he could to sign during the ESD.

- TS talked about how his relationship with Kirby (and he calls him out by name) "soured" over their disagreements on where he would play... He mentions that Smart wanted him to play "other positions". He said he talked to Kirby about playing CB but that he only actually got to play that spot in 4 games as a freshman. After that, he never got to play CB again.

He said that he had so many schools reach out to him the first day he was in the portal it drained his phone of battery. He goes on to say that Manny was one of the first to reach him . "He’s doing a normal recruitment speech, the normal stuff, and I cut him off - `Coach, I’m coming. Nothing else needs to be said. I’m coming to work, coming to give my all, be the best player I can be.’"

There's a lot more personal info in the blog; it was definitely written from the heart.

The title of it is: My Journey Brought Me Home and I'm the Happiest I've Ever Been
Man, this is refreshing. If we can somehow turn Rique into a 1st or 2nd rounder, think about how easy it will be to sell his story to local recruits.

He seems more honest than one might expect. He didn’t have to highlight the size differential; and yet, he did.
everybody on gods green earth knows theres a size differential between us and top SEC progams stop the BS bro..

Just read the whole articlle and watch the videos. He's a stand up responsible dude. and has his head on straight and i hope he makes it. Cares a lot about his family. He just made me a big fan. He knows exactly what he excels at.. Hope we see him all over the field and against those bama tight ends. Looks like he know his stregnths and weaknesses. I expect to see him lined up against Billinglsy and less against Metchie

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back