Ty Stevenson Blog excerpt:

Advertisement
Sean Taylor Huge for safety and fast and explosive. Roller was big for a corner. DJW big and explosive. Andre Johnson big and explosive for a wr. Our running backs were pretty big and fast we didn't have scat backs. They were all explosive. Shocked was a big TE who can run....Winslow I'm not sure. But alot of our explosive guys were pretty big....Ray was what 250?

It's better to have big and explosive then undersized and explosive. If two teams went at it that were both explosive and the other was small give me the big and explosive. It's why teams like Oregon get rag dolled when they play big and explosive. JMO on it.

Out of the hundreds of players we had during the glory years there were a few freaks. Again, starting with our teams in the 80’s, we were generally smaller, but faster. Sure there were exceptions. We weren’t small or tiny, but we weren’t Big Ten behemoths. The philosophy, which continued into the 90’s was: safeties to LB’s, LB’s to linemen, speed speed speed. When we won our last NC, we weren’t any bigger than Nebraska, and without comparing roster weights, I would guess with just maybe a handful of exceptions they were still bigger. That’s how I remember it.

Fastest team since 2002. I’ve seen them all live and at practice. Not one since is faster. Honestly, running a 4/2/5, everyone is fast. It’s insane to see live. It’s all they’re going to talk about during the first half against Alabama. They’ll bring up Jimmy and him turning safety’s into LB’s. You all know the stories. Get ready to hear them all again.
Don’t do it to me, boar! Don’t you get me believing again!

Advertisement
Sean Taylor Huge for safety and fast and explosive. Roller was big for a corner. DJW big and explosive. Andre Johnson big and explosive for a wr. Our running backs were pretty big and fast we didn't have scat backs. They were all explosive. Shocked was a big TE who can run....Winslow I'm not sure. But alot of our explosive guys were pretty big....Ray was what 250?

It's better to have big and explosive then undersized and explosive. If two teams went at it that were both explosive and the other was small give me the big and explosive. It's why teams like Oregon get rag dolled when they play big and explosive. JMO on it.
Ray was undersized when he was at Miami. He didn't get swole until he got to the NFL.

Out of the hundreds of players we had during the glory years there were a few freaks. Again, starting with our teams in the 80’s, we were generally smaller, but faster. Sure there were exceptions. We weren’t small or tiny, but we weren’t Big Ten behemoths. The philosophy, which continued into the 90’s was: safeties to LB’s, LB’s to linemen, speed speed speed. When we won our last NC, we weren’t any bigger than Nebraska, and without comparing roster weights, I would guess with just maybe a handful of exceptions they were still bigger. That’s how I remember it.
I believe the games changed since then with bigger guys being faster and nutrition and weight programs. There are alot of big fast guys now that can move. That Nebraska team was bigger but they were fast....it's like OSU it's a big ten team but they can move.

Always liked tyrique stevenson. You can tell he was one of those elite south Florida recruits who had legit and genuine interest in Miami during his recruitment
Smart to not visit us that may be a good approach if u want to transfer back here. Kid had to take the bag...can't blame him.

Advertisement
I believe the games changed since then with bigger guys being faster and nutrition and weight programs. There are alot of big fast guys now that can move. That Nebraska team was bigger but they were fast....it's like OSU it's a big ten team but they can move.
Yes it’s different now. I thought we were talking about past teams. But that Nebraska team was not as fast as us, not the one we beat for the NC

It's always a feast or famine matchup.

Miami's domination of traditional powers a good example on the speed side, Nebraska's shellacking of Florida in 96' Fiesta Bowl showed size crushed speed.

Obviously numerous other pro/con examples.

I remain in belief Saban has it figured out for this era... ball control offense disguised as spread.
Nebraska was running a freaking option. Pure gimmicks. That is much more than just speed. Its about playing your assignments while being chopped, we seen GT do it for years. I prefer us to play with speed as we will find more players down here with speed and less size. But we still need to be able to match up at the DT and Guard positions with these teams.

Advertisement
Always liked tyrique stevenson. You can tell he was one of those elite south Florida recruits who had legit and genuine interest in Miami during his recruitment

100% .... was a huge disappointment when he picked Georgia of all places. Couldnt be happier he found his way back.

The NIL is not an equalizer but maybe it will allow kids in a bad way to realize they can make some coin here while not taking the fat sec bag. Maybe if we had it back then tyrique and his fam could’ve made due and stayed in town. Also remember 2019 class was a mess and we sucked and richt resigned and Diaz patched together a class

That's pretty dumb. If the game is not close, probably means Alabama goes undefeated this year and just reloads with five stars.

lol that don’t even make sense… Miami can get blown out by Alabama and they can turn around and lose to a team with a real head coach. Miami isn’t a measuring stick for how the season is going to go for them.

Advertisement
Miami has more talent than UNC…. They keep embarrassing Miami bc they have a real head coach and we have Manny Diaz. Talent isn’t the issue… of course a real head coach would fill in areas where we need more talent but still wouldn’t lose to FIU, Duke, or La Tech regardless. Or get blown out by teams like UNC and Clemson when they weren’t even world beaters last year.

Last edited:
Don’t do it to me, boar! Don’t you get me believing again!

Boar selling the sunshine. I thought this forum had banned that. It's all GoCanes fault with that 15-0 crap.

... Personally, I'm still in "prove it" mode. But my hearts with the sunshine pumpers.

lol that don’t even make sense… Miami can get blown out by Alabama and they can turn around and lose to a team with a real head coach. Miami isn’t a measuring stick for how the season is going to go for them.
They blew out Clemson in the last game they played. I'm pretty sure Dabo is considered a good coach.

Whether or not Manny is a good coach won't be clear from the results of this game.

Miami has more talent than UNC…. They keep embarrassing Miami bc they have a real head coach and we have Manny Diaz. Talent isn’t the issue… of course a real head coach would fill in areas where we need more talent but still wouldn’t lose to FIU, Duke, or La Tech regardless. Or get blown out by teams like UNC and Clemson when they weren’t even world beaters last year.

B869BA8B-4AB8-4961-99A9-DB4C98B00882.jpeg

Some of y’all are so subtle with your narrative expansions. Miami and UNC are virtually tied historically, wins often coming in pairs. The series is even, they obliterated us last year I know, but it’s not like they’ve owned us since we joined.

Mack hurt y’all bad.

Advertisement
Back