Ty Stevenson Blog excerpt:

i hope everything he said is true but it’s natural for transfers to hype their new team up. No one wants to say they made a bad choice to inferior teams. Look at lingard he took shots at us when leaving. My sauces say he gets stopped with free crab legs at the checkout line at piggly wiggly every time just like the games

Advertisement
When was the last time Miami was really a ''fast'' team?

Honestly (and this is from someone that really like this years Hurricane squad), UM has been quite average in terms of overall athleticism department the past decade or so...
It’s been a bit. Also, we had fast teams, especially under Randy but they were woefully undeveloped and weak. It’s one thing to have a bunch of 190lb fast guys and a whole different thing to have a bunch of 230lb fast guys

It’s been a bit. Also, we had fast teams, especially under Randy but they were woefully undeveloped and weak. It’s one thing to have a bunch of 190lb fast guys and a whole different thing to have a bunch of 230lb fast guys

I do think the VHS offensive system had an impact now that I think about it. While most of the country was going full-spread, up-tempo, UM was still running pro-style. I'll be honest, prior to last season, many of our games were just flat out boring. I wouldn't even bother to re-watch them(in the past, I would almost religiously LOL)

Team speed is music to my ears. We have come a long way since that pudgy guy that wore a tie seemed to only be concerned with fattening our players up just to have size.

I do think the VHS offensive system had an impact now that I think about it. While most of the country was going full-spread, up-tempo, UM was still running pro-style. I'll be honest, prior to last season, many of our games were just flat out boring. I wouldn't even bother to re-watch them(in the past, I would almost religiously LOL)
Nothing will make an offense look slower than a 2nd and 12 play action from the I formation

Advertisement

Honestly (and this is from someone that really like this years Hurricane squad), UM has been quite average in terms of overall athleticism department the past decade or so...
Very interesting question. My no BS answer is 2003. Offense still had weapons like Roscoe and Sinorice (I think I’m thinking of the right year) who were legit speedsters, and that defense was championship caliber with speed everywhere (RIP ST26). After that, I feel like we’ve had fast players at certain positions (Hester, Dorsett, Benjamin, Cooper, etc.) but lacked that “speed coming in waves” that other teams used to fear.

Of course, I could be wrong 🤪

Very interesting question. My no BS answer is 2003. Offense still had weapons like Roscoe and Sinorice (I think I’m thinking of the right year) who were legit speedsters, and that defense was championship caliber with speed everywhere (RIP ST26). After that, I feel like we’ve had fast players at certain positions (Hester, Dorsett, Benjamin, Cooper, etc.) but lacked that “speed coming in waves” that other teams used to fear.

Of course, I could be wrong 🤪

Yeah, I mean, even up until 2005 we had what could be described as 'plus-athleticism' across the board. Till the Gatech loss(to me, the beginning of the end of the Coker era), where they were #3 at the time, that defense was really good (and fast) for much of that season before packing it in vs LSU in the Peach Bowl.

That roster had a lot of NFL talent on both sides of the ball

But as I stated before, I do think the offensive tempo at which UM played before last season was a factor. We decided to be stuck in mud.

changing season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Advertisement

Fastest team since 2002. I’ve seen them all live and at practice. Not one since is faster. Honestly, running a 4/2/5, everyone is fast. It’s insane to see live. It’s all they’re going to talk about during the first half against Alabama. They’ll bring up Jimmy and him turning safety’s into LB’s. You all know the stories. Get ready to hear them all again.

Fastest team since 2002. I’ve seen them all live and at practice. Not one since is faster. Honestly, running a 4/2/5, everyone is fast. It’s insane to see live. It’s all they’re going to talk about during the first half against Alabama. They’ll bring up Jimmy and him turning safety’s into LB’s. You all know the stories. Get ready to hear them all again.

Boar, Im going to call you 'Anita Boaker' because you are music to my years.

Ive gotten great reports about this squad from those I trust. I just wish we were a tad deeper at certain spots. But there are no perfect rosters, I realize that. But if this team can stay healthy, I'm expecting big things. This could be the real beginning of the Manny Diaz...

Or the end. He has to show me something as the coach because the pieces are in place

Cant' lie, I didnt like us scheduling Bama from the get. But, play ball, it is what it is.

Agree on the past not mattering. We hear about it all offseason (UNC game in particular). But I don't know if THIS is the game to judge Lashlee since the first game of the season is usually sloppy.
Good post, but did you just create a word? "mattering". I'll have to look that up. Maybe it's a present participle ...

I would like to understand a bit more what he means by this statement. Anyone care to guess?
My random guess, guys have more clearly defined roles for themselves. TS has always wanted to be a CB or S and they tried squeezing him into a box safety or LBer role. Georgia just recruits the best athletes and players and squeezes them in versus recruiting guys for what they want/use.

Advertisement
You’re all starting to believe we’re beating Alabama. 😬 😜

Been believed!

Whether slurped or mope, the offseason resets things yearly. F’uck being realistic. We fans. Get hype.

But if anybody can beat anybody, we can beat Bama.

We got size, speed, experience, depth
and a warrior behind center that has completely changed our culture.

Lashlee knows what it takes to be successful against the Bama D. Shoop knows what it takes to be successful against the Bama O. This has been a point we forget about.

We got all the pieces. Manny just got to let his nuts hang.

DOES MIAMI’S ROSTER TALENT MATCH UP WITH GEORGIA’S?

When I first got here, I didn’t think so. But practicing with these guys and seeing these guys’ effort, it’s not that far off. They might be just a little bigger, they recruit bigger. That’s the only thing. As far as getting to the ball, we move faster here.

Some of our D linemen clock over 16 or 17 miles per hour, and they do it frequently. All our DBs are running over 20s and 21s. Just everybody moves fast. Everybody’s head is on a swivel and everybody is running to the ball. That’s what our big thing is playing with a tempo offense. Get back to your spot and with that we’re well conditioned.

I’ve never seen anything like it. And I feel like everybody has a better actual purpose here.

We have a lot of potential. Once we finally gel together as an entire defense - once the linebackers and the D line click and the linebackers and the secondary click - I feel we’ll be a great defense.

CANES VS. ‘BAMA

I believe we can win. If we come out and play our game, start fast how Miami always is, use what we have as a weapon to the best of our ability, yes we have a chance.
Don’t think he’s watched a Miami game in years

I'm pretty sure that was Vince Lombardi's saying but yeah point taken
General George S. Patton, paraphrasing William Shakespeare.

“Conscience doth make cowards of us all.“

NOTE: Lombardi took a position as an assistant ball coach at West Point two years after Patton’s book, “War As I Knew It”, was published.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He has to say that he can't **** on his teammates and say they suck. Tf?

Size means alot...pause. Our Butch teams had size and speed. We going to find out this year

Not really. We used to feast on bigger teams because we had speed. We’ve never had really big guys. Maybe one or two. Vince and Sapp, and a few others, but generally we’d be smaller along the line than most of the teams we played. It was always about the speed

Not really. We used to feast on bigger teams because we had speed. We’ve never had really big guys. Maybe one or two. Vince and Sapp, and a few others, but generally we’d be smaller along the line than most of the teams we played. It was always about the speed
Sean Taylor Huge for safety and fast and explosive. Roller was big for a corner. DJW big and explosive. Andre Johnson big and explosive for a wr. Our running backs were pretty big and fast we didn't have scat backs. They were all explosive. Shocked was a big TE who can run....Winslow I'm not sure. But alot of our explosive guys were pretty big....Ray was what 250?

It's better to have big and explosive then undersized and explosive. If two teams went at it that were both explosive and the other was small give me the big and explosive. It's why teams like Oregon get rag dolled when they play big and explosive. JMO on it.

Advertisement
Back